Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2005 3:03:43 PM EDT
If you were President Bush how would you deal with the NO situation?

Matt
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Send Chuck Norris and the Delta force for free oil by taking refineries in covert ops and stealing borrowing gondolas for everyone in N.O.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Send the LA gov a coloring book to keep her occupied, declare evidence of WMDs in NO and send some Marines.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Take charge.  Send in federal troops and take the situation away from the local authorities, who in my opinion don't seem to have much of a clue.  Clamp down ruthelessly on looters, givin the troops orders to shoot looters (except for food) on sight.  He shouldn't be a distant figure in this crisis, its not going to go over well in the press.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I expect at least the same vigilance at getting food and water to the citizens of THIS country as what was given to the third world despots and terrorist
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

THROW HILLARY CLINTON, AL SHARPTON AND MICHAEL MOORE on top of the levee's to stop the flood waters!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Take charge.  Send in federal troops and take the situation away from the local authorities, who in my opinion don't seem to have much of a clue.  Clamp down ruthelessly on looters, givin the troops orders to shoot looters (except for food) on sight.  He shouldn't be a distant figure in this crisis, its not going to go over well in the press.  

Who gives a fuck?  NOTHING he does or could do goes over well in the press because the press is his avowed enemy.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who gives a fuck?  NOTHING he does or could do goes over well in the press because the press is his avowed enemy.  

Press hated Ronaldus Magnus as well, but he was much better at manipulating the news.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Agree to a meeting with Cindy Sheehan and when she isn't looking have the SS agents hold her down while I pour mud on her and laugh.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Press hated Ronaldus Magnus as well, but he was much better at manipulating the news.  

+1
But we still shot looters back then
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Matt

I'd give all the illegals a free pass and work real hard at sounding like a fulctard during the press
conference.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#12]
declare military law. suspend congress..the supreme court and all state legistlatures... activate the legions, declare myself a god, nuke all muslim nations and korea, and france too, demand tribute from just about every other country except britain, give all mexicans not building homes or landscaping 10 minutes to get back south of the border, legalize possession of all types of small arms for non-felons, annex canada and impose imperial law... execute all sex offenders, immediately execute everyone on death row, reinstate the gold standard and put my likeness on all gold coins, require military service for all adult males.

thas all i can think about for know.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#13]
The same shit he's doing right now.  Declare a federal emergency.  Call in FEMA and have them work in close kindship with private organizations.  Coordinate Nat. Guard and Fed troops to help in SAR and security.

It's exactly the same thing previous presidents did, it's what Bush will do, it's what future presidents will do.

The question isn't what I want you want him to do.  It's how you will twist what he and every other president does into some political situation when in fact it's about life and death.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]
get all able bodied armed men down to the disaster areas to help secure the peace.

get on the phone with foreign nationals and tell them to cough up the cash.

tell greenspan to cut interest rates to 0% until further notice.

cut fuel tax

stop additives in fuel to stablize price

unload half of the fuel reserve

Tell all the tree huggers to GFT. Crack open Alaska and build a much needed super refinery. As for the baby seals, well... we'll suck the oil outa them also, so nothing is wasted.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Reach out to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and see if they are willing to help calm the crime that is being committed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one has been better, but most presidents can't be Ronald Reagan...the man did have experience as an actor after all.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell, I'd just go on a vacation.

AB
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
declare military law. suspend congress..the supreme court and all state legistlatures... activate the legions, declare myself a god, nuke all muslim nations and korea, and france too, demand tribute from just about every other country except britain, give all mexicans not building homes or landscaping 10 minutes to get back south of the border, legalize possession of all types of small arms for non-felons, annex canada and impose imperial law... execute all sex offenders, immediately execute everyone on death row, reinstate the gold standard and put my likeness on all gold coins, require military service for all adult males.

You got my vote...now can I have my likeness on a coin also?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Announce that in light of the unfolding human tragedy that I would be returning to Crawford for another 5 weeks to ponder a course of action.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Sneak in some CIA agents to supply the resistance with small arms and rifles. The looters would be wiped out from the interior.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Announce that in light of the unfolding human tragedy that I would be returning to Crawford for another 5 weeks to ponder a course of action.  

Why don't you take a vacation from the internet for 5 weeks?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one has been better, but most presidents can't be Ronald Reagan...the man did have experience as an actor after all.

Reagan also was the only President who was the head of a union...Brings to mind "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Send in troops and double tap looters in the forehead for starters.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Matt

Nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Thats what I would do about the situation.
Sorry guys, as much as I like W, that pic cracks me up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Micheal Savage had a couple good ideas:
Stop all $ going to illegal aliens and send it to NO & MS
Price cap on gas
Crap I forgot the last thing
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Price cap on gas

HORRIBLE idea.  Carter tried that in the 70s and we saw what happened.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I am tired of all this Bush bashing. I was present during a conference call on the Sunday prior to the storm. President Bush spoke on this conference call (a president has never been on one of these calls before as far as I know). At that point he commited all the resources needed. A disaster like this has never happened before. I am confident all the things that can be done are being done.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Have Halliburton KBR get in there with the oil companies and the electric utilities to get the pipe lines and refineries back up.  Iraq infrastructure can wait.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Have Halliburton KBR get in their with the oil companies and the electric utilities to get the pipe lines and refineries back up.  Iraq infrastructure can wait.

Don't worry, as soon as the damage is assessed (like when the water fully receeds from the refineries/pump stations) there will be contractors there working 24/7 getting those places back online.  

People are ready to bust-ass and get things going.  What can the president do?  Would you like to see him down there shoveling out mud?  He's basically said all resources are going there and that a plan has to be established.  You just can't run in there half-cocked.  What are we going to do about NO and the many other cities that are basically destroyed?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have Halliburton KBR get in their with the oil companies and the electric utilities to get the pipe lines and refineries back up.  Iraq infrastructure can wait.

Don't worry, as soon as the damage is assessed (like when the water fully receeds from the refineries/pump stations) there will be contractors there working 24/7 getting those places back online.  

People are ready to bust-ass and get things going.  What can the president do?  Would you like to see him down there shoveling out mud?  He's basically said all resources are going there and that a plan has to be established.  You just can't run in there half-cocked.  What are we going to do about NO and the many other cities that are basically destroyed?

Don't take that the wrong way.  I'm sure the oil companies will be working 24/7, but with who knows how many platforms damaged, I'm sure their resources will be stretched.  No, I don't expect GW to shovel mud.  However...  I have had some er...let's say dealings... with PEMA, and I'm not sure they could find their way out of a paper bag, so I don't see how FEMA could be much different.   The utilities have cut manpower over the years to the bone and they do not have the resources to get power back in a timely manner.  Therefore my suggestion to add to what GW wants to do, not criticize him.  The man will get enough of that from the people who made no attempt to take care of themselves and the Larry King types wanting to know why the levies weren't cat 5 capable.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I am tired of all this Bush bashing. I was present during a conference call on the Sunday prior to the storm. President Bush spoke on this conference call (a president has never been on one of these calls before as far as I know). At that point he commited all the resources needed. A disaster like this has never happened before. I am confident all the things that can be done are being done.

There isnt any Bush bashing int this thread from what I can see. I will have to look again.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I like the way you think stOnewall.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I would get EVERYONE out of town and give the place back to the gators. Move the entire fucking city 40 miles north & start over. Make N.O. a National Underwater Park & sell rides on glass bottom boats.

Oh yea, kill EVERY looter.

That place is a cess pool of humanity and this may be the best thing to happen to the place. Now, they have a chance to start over. But to rebuild there? Just walk away & cut your losses.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I would declare a state of emerengcy,  plant landmines along the sothern US border and deploy The National Guard along our new southertn US DMZ. it would keep any looters from LA from escaping the country.

Seroiusly.

Oh, and I'd give the order to shoot looters, too. Not after they clear out the sporting goods section of every Walmart, but before, dammit! :)

Scott

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Price cap on gas

HORRIBLE idea.  Carter tried that in the 70s and we saw what happened.

+1 Price controls all ways fail, badly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#37]
could we sell it back to France?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Send the LA gov a coloring book to keep her occupied, declare evidence of WMDs in NO and send some Marines.

This would actually be a lot better than the present
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

For the record I was making a joke. I support GWB 100%. (though he DOES have me worried a little at times)

AB
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#40]
1. First martial law in N.O. and Biloxi.
2. open up oil reserve
3.  Issue EO bypassing enviornmental regs till your administration is through
4.  Make massive ultra low interests loans to alternative energies suppliers Ethanol Bio-Diesel
5.  Find OPEC counties willing to deal directly, bypassing OPEC
6.  Ratchet up political pressure in the Gulf particularly in Saudi Arabia.
7.  Assasinate Iranian Government, and support U.S. friendly COUP>>We currently get 0 oil from Iran<<
8.  Bring Venezuela/Chavez to an understanding(HEEL)
9.  Re-do #4
10.  Consolidate down to 10 or less fuel blends/mixes
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I think Bush (or his advisors) got caught napping on this one.
The USS Comfort should have been ready to leave port the day the hurricane stuck, or sooner.

Other Naval vessels with Rotary-wing aircraft and massive water purifying facilites should have been there a day or two sooner.

This whole "3,000 lb sandbag" thing should have been initiated the instant the levee broke.  You mean to tell me that noone ever thought about how to fix the levee in a situation like this?

I know, these things aren't GWB's fault, and I'm Monday morning quarterbacking.

I would send in a stronger military force though, assuming it legal to do so.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the record I was making a joke. I support GWB 100%. (though he DOES have me worried a little at times)

AB

Sorry. I should have been more specific. I was referring to the media.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

+1000
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
IBTL

hehe
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Hail Caesar!!!!!

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
unload half of the fuel reserve

I'm not so sure that's a great idea.  I am all for "cracking open Alaska," but the reserve should be saved for major shortages not just to subsidize price.

I guess I am just glad I'm not the pres.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

+1

best solution I've seen proposed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Find Charlton Heston and film another " PLANET OF THE APES " movie.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#49]
What would I do,well first I would remind everyone that Glaciar park is going to have to change it's name because there are no glaciars there anymore!!!

And Mount Killamanjaro has no snow on it,and the North Pole is melting(global warming) and the Earth cools it's self when it gets too hot(hurricaines) so it doesn't take the Earth as long as it did before!

So quit burnning so much fossel fuel,less gas burning cars(car pool,bike,jog) and don't live on any coasts!!!

There is lots of land in Idaho,utah,north and south dakota,repopulation away from the coasts is a must!!!!

Everything you have delt with now will be a repeat(I repeat) a repeat!!!

The Earth will cool it's self(you must stay out of its way)!!!

Your President  Bob
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Round up all the illegal immigrants in the country. Have them build a wall around New Orleans. Then put them inside along with all the prisoners in the country and leave them there to fend for themselves.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top