Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/22/2017 2:01:35 PM EDT
They're taking preorders, in store only.  25 bucks down guarantees you get one on Day 1.  After that,  you're at the mercy of the scalpers.

ETA: Each store has a pretty limited number, or so I was told.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I put myself down for email notification from them on this item and not a word.  Could it just be your location in Ohio?   Their website is down.

ETA:  Also was on a email list for Best Buy and Amazon.  both of whom took pre-orders online Tuesday and I got no messages at all.  whats the point of signing up for email alerts to not receive any?

I am out.  Fuck this mickey mouse BS.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Snagged a preorder from Best Buy but trying to grab other online orders, one for my brother and another just in case one gets canceled. Having no luck. Hopefully when Nintendo gets sold to cover bankruptcy, whoever buys it will rerelease these in proper numbers to meet demand.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are these selling for?
View Quote
$80
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I put myself down for email notification from them on this item and not a word.  Could it just be your location in Ohio?   Their website is down.
View Quote
Oh yeah, I'm sure the website is down.   It was starting to get a little crowded when I went in.  I saw a notice about the preorders on a video game forum, so I beat feet and got to the store.

I wasn't real heartbroken about not getting an NES Classic,  but the SNES is the one I really wanted.   
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The way they stopped making the other one pissed me off enough that I won't buy anything Nintendo in the near future.  I buy shit on my schedule, not yours.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck Nintendo and their "we didn't think it would be this popular so we didn't build many" bullshit story.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Are these going to only play the original cartridges, or flexibility to download? Are new cartridges coming out for it? 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The way they stopped making the other one pissed me off enough that I won't buy anything Nintendo in the near future.  I buy shit on my schedule, not yours.
View Quote
THIS

I was looking forward to buying a NES classic and a Switch when they were to be released, but the NES classic BS has completely turned me off of buying anything Nintendo.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fuck Nintendo and their "we didn't think it would be this popular so we didn't build many" bullshit story.
View Quote
That's 100% not even close to the reason they quit making them. Google is your friend.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#12]
No thanks.  I refuse to buy into Nintendo's bullshit after the NES classic fiasco.  Retropie for me!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#13]
And fuck the neckbeard scalpers too.  I hope they choke on their 22lr and NES classics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#14]
DAT files and Hyperspin FTW
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I got the alert from Walmat, AS I clicked the link it was SOLD OUT.  

I WAS able to get one reserved thru Gamestop! You DO have to be in the physical store to have reserved one of JUST the system OR you can do it online for a bundle. (Their site is currently imploaded SOOO) They had posted on their twitter that they were starting reservations. Store restarted their system and BAM pre orders open!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No thanks.  I refuse to buy into Nintendo's bullshit after the NES classic fiasco.  Retropie for me!
View Quote
So you're deciding to steal because you don't like how they're doing business?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#17]
just got back from my local gamestop...  they'd sold out of preorders for that location.  oh well... f nintendo i guess.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Watch the Gamestop site... I guess they are suppose to have Bundles you can order online only.....  WHAT that bundle will be... WHO knows...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are these going to only play the original cartridges, or flexibility to download? Are new cartridges coming out for it? 
View Quote
They are an emulation based system with a fixed set of games pre-loaded.

They will also be immediately hacked, and if it follows the example of the NES classic, it will have enough memory on board for way more games than the ones that are actually loaded.

Think "Retro pi" but built and sold by Nintendo as legit hardware.

They will not play the old cartridge games, as there is no provision for a cartridge slot built into the system. If they are anything like the NES Classic, it will not be compatible with legacy SNES peripherals, (Super Scope, Mouse, OG SNES controllers), either.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
You actually consider legacy Roms theft?

Lol.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They will also be immediately hacked, and if it follows the example of the NES classic, it will have enough memory on board for way more games than the ones that are actually loaded.
View Quote
I give it no more than 12 hours after release someone will have it hacked.....  The game size is TINY by todays standards!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.
Tell me how it is morally ok to use a product being sold that you don't pay for and doesn't profit the company ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#23]
My SNES still works fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I really want one of these for my kids. The old games would be so great for my 6 year old. And there are a few I want to play as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#25]
My game stop was sold out in one hour. Same with all stores within 2hr radius
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
No NES Classics available anymore. So the only option is retro hardware or older possibly nonfunctioning hardware and cartridges.

If Nintendo rereleased the classic I would buy one in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No NES Classics available anymore. So the only option is retro hardware or older possibly nonfunctioning hardware and cartridges.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There you go.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/virtual-console-games
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there a game list for this yet? Wife got the nes classic even though I have an actual NES hooked up to the same TV. Was pretty disappointed with the game selection
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Tell me how it is morally ok to use a product being sold that you don't pay for and doesn't profit the company ?
View Quote
Tell me how buying a copy of Earthbound for $200 from some SNES neckbeard benefits Nintendo 20 years after the fact.

ETA: It is unreasonable to expect someone to buy NEW hardware to play a 20+ year old obsolete game, especially when its a blatant cash grab due to the current consoles shitty game lineup (Zelda excluded, of course).
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not stealing if you own the cartridges.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is there a game list for this yet? Wife got the nes classic even though I have an actual NES hooked up to the same TV. Was pretty disappointed with the game selection
View Quote
https://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Fucking lol at people clamoring to buy these things.

Do yourself a favor and get a Raspberry Pi, and load all of the games on all of the platforms up to PSX not just 20 preloaded SNES games.

Oh and it cost me $60 and I didnt have to wait.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Do yourself a favor and get a Raspberry Pi, and load all of the games on all of the platforms up to PSX not just 20 preloaded SNES games.

View Quote
Already ahead of you.

I actually want the legit hardware, though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Already done. MAME step up in a standup arcade running Hyperspin.   But this SNES Classic I will pay for!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Already ahead of you.
http://i.imgur.com/4kjAGg7.jpg

I actually want the legit hardware, though.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm good. I have my SNES and I also have a Retro Pi bartop.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Pgdhkp1.png

http://i.imgur.com/iidfTSA.jpg?1
View Quote
NOICE.

I want to build cabinet one of these days
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
No turbo you are slacking
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
SNES cartridges are no longer being sold.

I hope ROMS stay prevalent so these classics can be preserved.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What are these selling for?
View Quote
Because people want them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Retro market has become way too inflated/insane to justify the prices now.

But yes, I want a Turbo, Neo Geo, Jaguar and an NES 101 top loader.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

SNES cartridges are no longer being sold.

I hope ROMS stay prevalent so these classics can be preserved.
View Quote
Honestly I Installed Custom Firmware on my Wii, my SNES/NES/SEGA/N64 Games are now in my attic, and I was able to switch to a smaller entertainment center. Just because somebody uses roms/emus doesn't make them FSA. I already own and paid for the video games/systems, and they are stored away in a box.

The batteries for the saves are also long dead and I don't feel like replacing them.

It's amazing how hundreds of games can fit on a SD Card, when they would take up a whole shelf of physical space. I Buy from the Nintendo Shop when I can for classics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic
Needs more Zombies Ate My Neighbors.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Tell me how buying a copy of Earthbound for $200 from some SNES neckbeard benefits Nintendo 20 years after the fact.

ETA: It is unreasonable to expect someone to buy NEW hardware to play a 20+ year old obsolete game, especially when its a blatant cash grab due to the current consoles shitty game lineup (Zelda excluded, of course).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound like a fucking communist deciding when something made by a company should be made free to you. Fucking FSA.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/earthbound-3ds
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You own star fox 2?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
THIS

I was looking forward to buying a NES classic and a Switch when they were to be released, but the NES classic BS has completely turned me off of buying anything Nintendo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS

Bingo, fuck Nintendo, I'll just play freeware arcade ROMs on my MAME cabinet instead.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You sound like a fucking communist deciding when something made by a company should be made free to you. Fucking FSA.

View Quote
LOL I purchased it for the 3DS, and during it's original release and still mainly play it using an Emu/Rom

Also the older systems look like shit on newer TVs.

Emulators let you use different graphical settings/fake scan lines.

Basically you can go from a game looking like pixel graphics, to vector.

Can't do that on the original systems.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Well color me ignorant. Didn't know this was ever an option.  I'll be looking for a used WII U now. $5 to $8 bucks isn't bad at all for some stable good running classics.

Pay that much and more for stupid ads phone apps sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, I'm a commie because I won't buy the OG cart at an inflated price (due to rarity), and because I won't buy the ROM from Nintendo proper at an even more inflated price (New console + digital purchase).

Boo hoo, poor Nintendo can't scam any more money out of me to buy old games in a digital format at a greatly inflated value.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#50]
I have an Original in the basement somewhere. still have all the accessories and a bunch of games too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top