Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2014 8:02:22 PM EDT
I just made the Creole turkey breast following his method and it is by far the best turkey I have ever eaten.  Really doesn't even taste like turkey.
I used an injection of butter, black pepper, kosher salt, garlic, red pepper, and onion powder.  Tony's Creole as the rub.  Super moist meat pulled at 160 as described in the video.  Nice heat with the red pepper and Tony's also.  Try this one some time!!!!
http://www.biggreenegg.com/features/dr-bbqs-holiday-turkey/

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks delicious  I was literally just thinking of smoking a Turkey for this thanksgiving, I may have to try that!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I only smoke jive turkeys.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good but not sure why I'd cook a turkey so it doesn't taste like a turkey
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
We have done turkeys on the BBQ and it is nice. Plus, once the coals have peaked,  you can just leave it along for a few hours and catch a movie.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I cook mine on a weber smokey mountain for tday, I just don't add any wood chunks
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We have done turkeys on the BBQ and it is nice. Plus, once the coals have peaked,  you can just leave it along for a few hours and catch a movie.
View Quote

This only takes 2 hours!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I was practicing and trying to find something good for Thanksgiving.  Getting a head start in case of fail LOL.  This shit here is awesome.  I've done a lot of turkeys on the smoker and my wife usually does a cajun injected turkey in the oven, but this thing is totally different and just amazing.  I don't even really like turkey very much but could eat this almost everyday!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I cook mine on a weber smokey mountain for tday, I just don't add any wood chunks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used one chunk of applewood.  Easy to over smoke poultry but this was just the right amount.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe I will try that sometime.  I usually do them pretty bare just to taste the smoke.

I actually prefer to smoke chickens though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I only smoke jive turkeys.
View Quote

was trying to figure out what to do with a thread title like that...good job

Looks like a good bird OP
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I have tried several of Dr BBQ's recipes now and will admit the man truly knows his shit when it comes to smoking meats.  Guess you don't become a champion otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I was gonna smoke a turkey once, but couldn't find a big enough rolling paper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top