Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 8:21:15 AM EST
If you could have [b]ONE[/b], I repeat ONE "super-power", what would it be? I know this has probably been posted before, but dammit, I haven't been here that long/often, and I must have missed it. So...?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:26:01 AM EST
Without a doubt, the power to heal the wounded.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:28:41 AM EST
I want that "Scanners" power to make someone's head explode!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:31:12 AM EST
The power to control people's minds. Second choice would be invulnerability.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:31:27 AM EST
I want the mental powers of the Second Foundation.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:31:53 AM EST
If I could only have one super power, it would have to be omnipotence. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:32:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 8:33:05 AM EST by raven]
immortality
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:32:45 AM EST
Speed, just like The Flash.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:33:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:33:09 AM EST
[i]diphallic terata[/i]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:33:11 AM EST
X-Ray vision!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:36:38 AM EST
My first thought was x-ray vision, but usenet is full of naked chicks. Then I considered being bulletproof, but I don't get shot at very much at all. So, I'm going with the power to make myself invisible at will. Not for any perverted reasons like in the movie "Hollow Man", but just to completely screw with some people's minds. Yeah yeah, if only I would use my power for good instead of evil...blah, blah, blah. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:38:10 AM EST
morhphing. just think of the fun one could have with that
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:40:08 AM EST
I think I'd have to go with the ability to read minds. Hear what people are thinking. That, or the ability to speak and understand any language.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:44:03 AM EST
I'd like the ability to start and stop time whenever I wanted to.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:44:45 AM EST
I would say the invisible route could be extremely beneficial, but I wish I had the smelling capabilities of a dog or a deer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:53:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 8:59:59 AM EST by Torf]
I would agree with Phil_GunMan. The ability to stop time whenever you want would give you: Invisibility Invulnerability Immortality in a sense Omnicience in a sense Healing powers Head exploding ability Even Morphing if you get creative. All you have to do is stop time and accomplish things like, dodging bullets and bombs, move from one place to another, take the injured to the hospital, tie an M80 to Jane Fonda's head [;)], replacing your current position with a chair etc., and simply restart time. You could also be asked a question, and pause time until you research the answer. I'll take the ability to stop time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:57:36 AM EST
Originally Posted By the_reject: If I could only have one super power, it would have to be omnipotence. [:D]
View Quote
Smartass.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:59:34 AM EST
Omnipotence means "All Powerful" not "everlasting erection".
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:02:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 9:04:57 AM EST by diverdown]
Originally Posted By Dolomite: [i]diphallic terata[/i]
View Quote
Two-penises-what? Translation please. I spent WAY too much time exploring the finer points of corporal punishment with the nuns when I was in school. Damned if they didn't pull me out of Latin class to do it too. Hmmmmmm...?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:04:14 AM EST
That's easy. The ability to control the thoughts and actions of anyone. It is the existense of other humans that restricts us the most. Controling that variable is the most powerful "superpower" of all! Hottie at the bar? No problem! Need money? Have the Brinks man give it to you and then forget what he did! Get in trouble? Hey the jury will aquit you every time! Likely the cop won't even arrest you! The world would be your playground. I can see it now: [i]"I feel like going to a tropical island and banging a gaggle of hot chics"[/i] Presto a few quick mental manipulations at the airport and hotel! Viola!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:07:05 AM EST
The Jedi "Force" With that you get: 1) The Jedi mind f*ck, "you don't want to sell me death sticks" 2) Precognition 3) Ability to electrocute people 4) Levitation 5) Assorted other abilities
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:10:07 AM EST
The ability to regenerate money so I would never be broke. And I don't mean by working either. I already do that and it doesn't regenerate money on a large enough of fast enough scale!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:16:53 AM EST
The United States of America
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:17:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:28:47 AM EST
Stick to walls like spider-man!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:36:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/7/2003 9:38:02 AM EST by diverdown]
Originally Posted By llanero: The United States of America
View Quote
Nice. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:23:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By raven: immortality
View Quote
Lose the "T", and you're describing a power I already possess.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:33:55 AM EST
Impotence. That a super-power, right?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:29:39 AM EST
The power to make our government abide by its constitution?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:41:47 AM EST
Moderator.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:42:19 AM EST
I don't think stopping and starting time would work... If you stop time, EVERYTHING has to freeze, it can't be manipulated and moved... otherwise anyting airborn would succumb to gravity and crash. So you can't move stuff around, you can't breathe (cause the air would be "paused"), you can't really do anything... except grow older. What about a light? If it's still shining... where does the electricity come from? Or light from the sun... since all the molecules are frozen, it can't burn any more while time is frozen... Could you actually get on the internet to research your question...? the internet is a bunch of computers (frozen now, btw) that can't do anything w/o pulses of light and electricity flowing around the world, then their hard drives spinning to look up information... Bah, pausing time is overrated. Not too practical. Kinda like the golden touch. Sounds good, but really sucks. I've spent many years trying to design a good "time remote-control", and have since come to realize it's not woth my time (hah) and effort...
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:33:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By steenkybastage: I don't think stopping and starting time would work... If you stop time, EVERYTHING has to freeze, it can't be manipulated and moved... otherwise anyting airborn would succumb to gravity and crash. So you can't move stuff around, you can't breathe (cause the air would be "paused"), you can't really do anything... except grow older. What about a light? If it's still shining... where does the electricity come from? Or light from the sun... since all the molecules are frozen, it can't burn any more while time is frozen... Could you actually get on the internet to research your question...? the internet is a bunch of computers (frozen now, btw) that can't do anything w/o pulses of light and electricity flowing around the world, then their hard drives spinning to look up information... Bah, pausing time is overrated. Not too practical. Kinda like the golden touch. Sounds good, but really sucks. I've spent many years trying to design a good "time remote-control", and have since come to realize it's not woth my time (hah) and effort...
View Quote
You would have to be able to stop time everywhere but where you are.... otherwise you wouldnt notice... nothing would fall etc because if time stopped nothing would change. Time could randomly be freezing in this universe now, and we would not be able to tell unless we were on the outside looking in...
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:37:53 PM EST
That's a pretty broad question that only invites someone to want omnipotence. How about a better choice like: Which of the two would you choose-- invisibility or the power of flight? (like Superman) I'd choose invisibility.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:52:14 PM EST
Shapeshifting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:54:55 PM EST
Invisablity would rock
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:12:20 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:38:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By mace: I want the mental powers of the Second Foundation.
View Quote
Now that I'm home, I think I'll expand on this for those who haven't read the Foundation trilogy. Members of the Second Foundation have the power to not only read but control the emotions in other peoples' minds. You essentially have total control of everyone around you. Your fiercest enemy can become your most loyal ally with only a thought. The full extent of the control is hard to determine, but it is also possible to kill someone with a thought, merely by wiping their brain clean. You can read and control a person's movements without even seeing them. You can erase parts of their memory. The emotional control makes this almost irrelevant, though. If someone was trying to kill you, you'd notice long before they even thought about drawing a weapon, and could make them your friend before they even got near you. You could track down Al-Quada members, even Osama himself, and make them love America and freedom. Make Sadaam jump off a roof. Turn a Democrat into a Libertarian. With careful use of this power, you can change the course of the world. There are the fringe benefits, too. Make that hottie at the bar want you. Get the cop to let you off of a speeding ticket. Get the airport employees to let you on the plane without a ticket.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:29:05 PM EST
I would choose LUCK! Imagine everything I want to happen will happen because I'm SUPER LUCKY! [:D] Bullets would miss me, my stock picks would make me wealthy and Vegas would be... Heh, heh, heh...[}:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:49:57 PM EST
I would turn into a bucket of water.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:07:30 PM EST
Wolverine Power [img]http://www.lateo.org/animations/awolverine1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:42:14 PM EST
The Force (tm), including disciplines and tricks from the expanded range of fiction in the appropriate universe. Lots of cool stuff to do. The ability to extend life to a supernatural, but not obscene degree. The constant reminder of responsibility to use it well, and not be a superpowered dork. And a lightsaber, so I can catch up with the hedge trimming.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:55:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By Horseman: The Force (tm), including disciplines and tricks from the expanded range of fiction in the appropriate universe. Lots of cool stuff to do. The ability to extend life to a supernatural, but not obscene degree. The constant reminder of responsibility to use it well, and not be a superpowered dork. And a lightsaber, so I can catch up with the hedge trimming.
View Quote
I hear you! I have wanted a lightsaber since I was in second grade.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:59:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By magnum_99: That's a pretty broad question that only invites someone to want omnipotence. How about a better choice like: Which of the two would you choose-- invisibility or the power of flight? (like Superman) I'd choose invisibility.
View Quote
Well, if that's what someone chooses, that's up to them. Personally, I would choose something more challenging. I would still retain a large degree of vulnerability in my choice. Personally, I think omnipotence would be boring. But that's just me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:10:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By Lazyshooter: Without a doubt, the power to heal the wounded.
View Quote
Well what do you know! I would wish for the power to wound the healed. We should team up[:D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:16:48 AM EST
Just think of the downside of immortality before you wish for it. Better play by the rules, 'cause what would happen if you say---got into a little trouble---and got sentenced to life without parole. That would kinda like-suck. I'll take invisibility.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:20:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By Zardoz: Just think of the downside of immortality before you wish for it. Better play by the rules, 'cause what would happen if you say---got into a little trouble---and got sentenced to life without parole. That would kinda like-suck. I'll take invisibility.
View Quote
Well, since you'd still be around when the mountains crumble to dust, I imagine you'd get out eventually.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:30:55 AM EST
Does being the baddest motherf---er ever to live count?
Top Top