Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2003 10:25:49 PM EDT
My wife gave me permission to set up a "gun room" in my house anyway I want. I need some ideas. Here's the details so you can help me. The room is 14' x 16' with one entrance door and a closet along one of the short walls. I'm looking for any ideas you have, and any pictures of how you configured your gun room.

Thanks for the ideas
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
How deep is the closet? Does it line the whole wall? What is the primary function of the gun room? Will it be for display, or primarily security?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Gun room is for anything I want it to be... mainly to house my guns and a work area for tinkering with them.

Closet does not line the entire wall, and it already contains gun safes.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If that is the case, I would set up a work bench on one wall, convert the closed into a supply area/SHTF storage area, use another wall for display of prized guns, and build closed safe type cabinets on either side of the closet/entry doors for extra-secure storage. I personally would set up some sort of GI display since I can come up with entire TA 50 for the army at this time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Good thing you got permission Felix!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:03:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Throw a couple of safes in the corner, and turn it into a S&M room! [BD]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:13:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:13:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Throw a couple of safes in the corner, and turn it into a S&M room! [BD]
View Quote

I would want a seperate room for that!!! I think I could talk the wife into that one, but the gun room will take a little work!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:17:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Knock down all the interior walls (ensuring that they aren't support walls), and turn the whole house into a gun room.
View Quote

Now that, I like! Although I think trying to convince the wife is really going to suck...
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:20:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the wife is really going to suck...
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:26:32 AM EDT
[#10]
VI - you are the man... didn't even realize what I had said there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top