Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 10:44:41 PM EDT
All land is owned by someone in the US , either private or state, or by the government.
If you stopped a bunch of illegals from crossing into the US  walking on your land by showing a weapon
what law is being broken?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
"They're coming right for us!!!!" BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_boozer.gif

What now? Your breaking a drinking law? I don't understand your comment.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
If I feel threatened I can stop someone from approching me on my property with a weapon
here.

And I am not drinking that much
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know which law, but I suspect the prosecutor does.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Guilty of the sin of Patriotism.

You would be made an example of.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You are on you're own posted  property, you see a bunch of illegals
trying to cross you're property. You have a legal weapon with you.
I don't see a problem
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#8]
It depends if you will be charged, here is the equation:

Your arsenal>Police arsenal

Seriously, what, are the illegals gonna call the police? Fuck'em, i'd start taking them down. Just dont leave any behind.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
its late and i do not feel like searching but a few people have done that and have been charged with various things

there was guy in a wheelchair on hannity and combs that was surounded by 30-40 illegals  in his front yard throwing rocks at him

he shot in the air and was charged with  terrorizing with a weapon or some such horse shit and had to spend 100K to defend himself in court
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
its late and i do not feel like searching but a few people have done that and have been charged with various things

there was guy in a wheelchair on hannity and combs that was surounded by 30-40 illegals  in his front yard throwing rocks at him

he shot in the air and was charged with  terrorizing with a weapon or some such horse shit and had to spend 100K to defend himself in court

see?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't see a problem

Actually, my first post was an attempt at humor. Depending on the position of the prosecutor, you might get away with it, or you might be charged with brandishing. If you see them committing a felony, the situation can change--some states allow the use of force by citizens to apprehend felons.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If I remember right he did win because he did not break any law. he was being threatened.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#13]
SSS
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I remember right he did win because he did not break any law. he was being threatened.

Let's hope so...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#15]
IANAL, but I would think trespassing law would apply. So, about the best you could do is a citizen’s arrest.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, you get charged, the border jumpers sue, they win your property and live the American Dream!  

Always dig the holes first!  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't see a problem

Actually, my first post was an attempt at humor. Depending on the position of the prosecutor, you might get away with it, or you might be charged with brandishing. If you see them committing a felony, the situation can change--some states allow the use of force by citizens to apprehend felons.

I guess it all comes down to the prosecutor if he feels he has a case. I think most cases you would win but the attorney fees would not be worth it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Seriously, what, are the illegals gonna call the police? Fuck'em, i'd start taking them down. Just dont leave any behind.

Well, here's our first mass murderer.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, $100,000 later, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, here's our first mass murderer.

12-13 million people neglected by their own country and government, well i'm sorry but thats not a tragedy; its a statistic.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Step 1: Pop them.
Step 2: Place Saturday night specials on them/in hands (cheap ones you don't mind losing for good) obvioulsy).
Step 3: Call the Sheriff.
Step 4: Become town hero.
Step 5: Rinse and repeat.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:06:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Instead of asking here where you get the dumb answers to questions from guys that have no clue about what the CA, AZ, NM or Texas laws are, you might want to ask either in the Legal forum or the State Forums.  Might get some better and more accurate answers.

They are trespassing.  You might not be guilty of brandishing if you didn't threaten.  (As far as I can tell "brandishing" in CA is only unlawful with an imitation firearm)    You can carry a loaded firearm on your land, you can carry a loaded firearm when making an arrest, and you can carry while waiting for the authorities to arrive after notifying them that a crime is in progress.

Then you get into areas if you draw down, if you can't show that you felt threatened.  In other words a couple of grandmas and little kids wouldn't cut it, 30 young farmworkers, would probably be easy to show you felt threatened.

In other words up until you did something really stupid, you wouldn't be breaking the law.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:13:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
SSS

Word.

Actually 3 words...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
~snip~
In other words up until you did something really stupid, you wouldn't be breaking the law.

Yup.

But where does actually breaking a law come into effect here? Being charged at all is enough to bankrupt all but the independantly wealthy. All you need is for the prosecutor to get you into a court room and you're fucked.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd think a couple ALS CS grenades would come in handy in that situation.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
All land is owned by someone in the US , either private or state, or by the government.
If you stopped a bunch of illegals from crossing into the US  walking on your land by showing a weapon
what law is being broken?

You can't use deadly force to stop trespassers. No matter how many "No trespassing, violaters will be shot" signs you may have posted. What are you going to do with that gun when they keep walking? I can tell you from experience that not everyone runs screaming like a little girl at the mere sight of a firearm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top