Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2004 6:34:31 PM EST
I found this link at another popular site I visit. It is a large video file, but well worth the wait for those of you who hunt... or like crazy videos. Nothing immoral.

http://www.timekiller.dk/index.asp?template=files&id=shoot_the_lion

NW
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:36:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:41:12 PM EST
Someone please explain the sport aspect of this. Three or four guys at close range with high power rifles doesn't strike me as anything more than a flipping hit job. No skill on display...only idiocy and firepower.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:42:12 PM EST
Killing lions isnt cool
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:44:28 PM EST
Holy shit that was one PISSED lion!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:45:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By Guns_N_Shizzle:
Killing lions isnt cool

I didn't know it was legal even in Africa.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:45:11 PM EST
Ban the lions...for the children
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:46:25 PM EST
1 african safari = $10,000
1 .375 H&H = $3000.00
1 Cabelas Safari Shirt = $50.00
1 lion tag =$1500.00

Being alive that night to wash the shit out of your shorts = Priceless
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:46:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By ar50troll:

Don't you think your free time could be used for something more constructive?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:50:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By SexualChocolate:

Nope. relax.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:52:45 PM EST
Lion population has to be kept in check, lions have to be culled , regardless of what you see on the Discovery channel Lions and other big cats in certain parts of Africa are doing very well, as are Elephants, so well that villagers are often on the menu or the toy list. There is more than one country that allows Lion and Elephant hunting where it is needed to control the population it is very well regulated you cant just go out and blast cats and elephants at random. I did not watch the video but if there was more than one guy shooting it was because the first guy made a bad shot and Lions are very very dangerous capable of killing you faster than you know what happened.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:52:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By SexualChocolate:

Nope. relax.

I like you........
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:53:40 PM EST
It amazes me how many PETA folks have ARs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:54:44 PM EST
If you'll notice, there's a fence around the area so that the lion couldn't even range. Yeah, that's real hunting alright. Put him in a fenced in area and then wound him because they're poor shots. Why didn't they just stake him out and execute him.

Those assholes have no idea what hunting is all about.

I was rooting for the lion.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:54:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mr45auto:

There is a differnece between killing a deer and a lion
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:58:59 PM EST
Wow, I never been to Africa but it looks a lot like Texas.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:00:42 PM EST
They're both about the same temperature in the summer, 150 degrees.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:04:13 PM EST

I'm not so sure about that. If they are not endangered, hunting them is fine with me. I like the fact that the lion can fight back. But if you are going to hunt them, do it humanely with something that will put it down without taking six or seven shots to do it. What the hell were they using? .300WSM? Do lion sized cartridges come in rifles like that? And did you see the size of that guys scope? At that range he should be using irons or a very low power scope.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:12:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 7:16:33 PM EST by HABU]
EVERYBODY CHILL!

First, that was not a canned hunt. The lion broke INTO a compound the night before and killed a man and a horse. The local official knew that there was a hunter in the area and asked him if he wanted to shoot this lion since he had a tag. That lion cost him 25K, not 1.5K.

Once a lion has tasted man, he must be offed or he will kill another.

The only thing that saved that guys ass was the PH shooting the lion in the jaw right before he jumped. That threw him off balance, otherwise...

HUNT'N BIZ! (see my sig) bought the video for 5K and the hunter got pissed off he was being shown as a bufoon and sued to get HB to quit distributing the video.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:14:43 PM EST
okay.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:17:02 PM EST

Killing lions isnt cool

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:24:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By Redcap:

Killing lions isnt cool

home.comcast.net/~vx/crybaby.jpg

+1

I wish people would at least try to educate themselves about a topic before they make judgments. That is why we have sucha tough road ahead with the average liberal, they take what they shown at face value without a second thought.

MTNmyMag, very good reply.

CH
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:31:04 PM EST
I dont know anything about this story but all the whiney ass titty babyPETA dolts piss me off . That being said I am against canned hunts, I dislike hunting over bait or in high fences, my di like for high fences decreases as the size of the fenced in area gets larger. I also dont care if other people do hunt that way, after all they are just animals it aint like they are people, with all the bull shit happening to humans in the world today people want to stop and cry about a lion that would eat given half the chance, actually he would hold you down after crippling you and lick your skin off with his enormous sand paper tongue and then lap up your blood, if still hungry he would then eat you. while you were still alive and none of the lions would set around and call him a sick bastard for doing it, People are hunters it is in their nature to hunt and kill, it is up to us as civilized people to do so in a constructive way. Thanks to American hunters there are more deer, turkey and numerous other wildlife in the US now than ever before. I love wildlife I love to enjoy them I enjoy watching them, learning about them, helping their habitat and I enjoy hunting and eating them, I do not appologize for it. It is my love for wildlife that drives me to hunt for I am just as much a part of nature as a tree growing on a hill or wolf killing a 3 hr old Elk calf. Now as a responsible civilized hunter I do not kill babies I wait until they are mature and have either passed on their genes or I remove them before they can, if they show bad genetics that do not belong in gene pool. We do not hunt because we hate animals, we dont hunt because we love to kill, we hunt because we love wildlife and love the wilderness because we are a part of it and it is a part of us. A predator is useless without prey and prey are worthless without predators. It is the way God made it and if you dont understand sit down shut up and go live in the woods for a few months. Otherwise stay the hell out of my business and do something your damn domesticated animals that keep wrecking the local wildlife cycles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:31:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By Redcap:

Killing lions isnt cool

home.comcast.net/~vx/crybaby.jpg

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:35:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 7:42:39 PM EST by sum-rifle]

OK what is the difference?
There is nothing wrong with hunting Lion.
As was said earlier this was not a canned hunt.
It had killed a man and a horse.

I also don't think it was all that bad of shooting. (Not the best I ever saw either)
You try shooting at a very fast moving, man eating target with a large caliber, hard kicking rifle.
See if you do any better.
You guys (some of you) that just punch paper at known distances, then talk crap about someone who is doing a compltely different type of shooting.
You ever shot a charging Lion, Rhino, Bear, Elk at close range?
Ever shot someone who is shooting back at you?
It is a lot different that punching paper.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:38:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By sum-rifle:

Lions are a threatend species. Deer are not.

For the record, if that lion had just killed a person, I have no problem with them trying to kill it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:42:42 PM EST
Lions are not threatened everywhere in the places wheer they are threatend you are not allowed to hunt them, that is called poaching In the US you can lose the shirt off your back for it as well as doing time in Jail in Africa you can be killed for Poaching
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:45:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 7:49:22 PM EST by JustL00king]
As long as you eat the meat, not just kill the animal for a trophy (antlers or skin) shoot whatever ya want when ya want.

The gubberment can blow me, trying to tell me when I can hunt on my land and that I have to pay to hunt animals that are on my land. If the animal is on my land its my property and I'll do what I want with it, when I want.

If anyone knows this guy carve me off a steak and ship it to me I have to try lion some time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:48:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By sum-rifle:

Lions are a threatend species. Deer are not.

For the record, if that lion had just killed a person, I have no problem with them trying to kill it.

Yes Lion are threatened in some places and doing very well in others.
Guess where they and Elephant and Rhino and Hippo are doing well.
Where they are hunted.
Hunting has been great for the survival and increase in numbers of many African animals.
The amount of money brought in from the limited hunting funds many, many programs that protect lots and lots more animals. Without the influx of American and Brithish money from hunts many countries could not arm and pay the Game Wardens and security that protects the animals from African poaching, which is much, much more damaging to the herds.

Poachers kill thousands of these animals, hunters hundreds maybe.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:51:53 PM EST

Sure ............. Deer don't kill and eat people
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:53:02 PM EST
the only safe way to hunt lions is at the zoo. too bad these assclowns didn't really get mauled.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:54:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 7:54:19 PM EST by az-ar]
tagged so i can watch it on broadband. Damn dialup
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:00:03 PM EST
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but not only are there enough lions (and other big game) in Africa to shoot, but the fees for doing so go towards maintaining the wildlife being hunted.

Also, I read over at accuratereloading.com that they don't like to shoot a lion from farther than 100 yards, and even still unless you make a clean kill first shot you're going to have one pissed off lion.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:03:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By chrome1:

Deer cause plenty of car accidents
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:07:53 PM EST
We have a serious problem with cat people in this forum.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:08:18 PM EST
Dupe
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:10:15 PM EST

Killing lions isnt cool

It was coming right at them!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:10:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By palmer:
Dupe

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:52:04 AM EST
Fact: If it was not for the hunting $$ Africa(and any other country) collects in its fees the population of the lion and others would be in bad shape. No funds for game management means game numbers decrease. Either from over poaching due to lack of PAID rangers, or disease and famine from over population resulting in massive drops in numbers.

If you don't agree with hunting remember this, you are just another predator living on this planet, nothing more. Sure you have the ability to choose not to actually pursue your game, but the instinct never goes away. Next time you are standing over the meat counter at you local market trying to figure out which cut to get, remember your hunting. Your just letting somebody else do your killing.

CH

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:59:52 AM EST
Those guys were more of a threat to each other than they were to the lion!
Lucky no one got shot!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:23:04 AM EST
"he is comming right for us " shoot em ned ... [sout park]

reguardless the lion charged and did not just trot off into the wilds... after he gharged the guys he was gonna be dead no matter what! ill be that even the Discovery channel camera crews have guids with rifles with them, that footage just will never make to tv...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:25:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By chrome1:

Deer cause plenty of car accidents

You better quit now. We already know you are an ignorant fool when it comes to African dnagerous game hunting.

You have no credibility left when you said that "lions are endangered". Where did you get that shit from? The Lion King movie?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:33:32 AM EST
I'm no Peta person, but I too was rooting fot the lion. I know that the population of animals have to be controlled, but for such a fine animal to loose it's life to a bunch of assholes like that, makes me sick. I can't stand rich trophy hunters. REAL men don't enjoy killing anything.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:36:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By uncle_frank:
I'm no Peta person, but I too was rooting fot the lion. I know that the population of animals have to be controlled, but for such a fine animal to loose it's life to a bunch of assholes like that, makes me sick. I can't stand rich trophy hunters. REAL men don't enjoy killing anything.

Wrong, real men still have not had their prey instinct domesticated out of them.

Metrosexuals have, though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:41:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 5:53:39 AM EST by M4]

It amazes me how many people who own AR's fail, completely, to appreciate the freedom, nobility and life of wild animals....and opt for the "fun" of blowing holes through them for temporary "fun". Sure, populations need to be culled. Understandable. It's the attitude of some people that sucks more than anything. Me first, me king...when in reality, in your own, human world, you're in all likelyhood a substandard representation of your own species.

Let the technological advantage of a rifle elevate you in your own mind by clinging, frankly somewhat patheticly, to the "king of all beasts" status that compensates for other short comings. This is not reflective of ALL hunters, by ANY means....but based on some of the moronic comments in this thread, there is most definately a target audience for these sentiments.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:42:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 5:46:27 AM EST by M4]

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

Killing lions isnt cool

It was coming right at them!

So do trains if youre standing on the tracks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:48:44 AM EST
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted By uncle_frank:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong, real men still have not had their prey instinct domesticated out of them.

Metrosexuals have, though.

When men had to hunt to servive, it was a job. I would kill to survive, and to protect freedom, but I would take no pleasure in it. If you enjoy killing, I suggest you call Dr. Phill or something.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:51:19 AM EST
Didn't we hash this out 6 months ago, with predictable results, i.e. nobody changed their mind about anything?

Oh, BTW, they weren't missing those shots....they were getting full penetration.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:58:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By SWO_daddy:

Kinda like John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer, huh?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:58:55 AM EST

Killing lions isnt cool

Well, that's not true.
Killing lions actually IS "cool".

It just depends on the circumstances, that's all.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:04:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By yobo:
Wow, I never been to Africa but it looks a lot like Texas.

Replace all the native tribesmen with illegals and WAHLA - Texico!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top