Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:52:33 AM EDT
I was watching the movie, Cinderella Man. I was so impressed by the self-reliance and honesty of the Crowe character. The scene where he makes his son return the stolen salami that would have fed his hungry kids and the scene in which he returned his public assistance money was truly impressive.

If all of us had only half of what Braddock had as a man, there would be less problems in the world.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:55:16 AM EDT
It was a very sobbering film to watch. Made me feel guilty for complaining about relatively non-essential things.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:56:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 9:56:42 AM EDT by Headlice]
How about the part where he walked into the room with his aquaintences were seated and held his hat out for donations to pay the heat to get his children back....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:00:01 AM EDT
Excellent movie...one of the best we've seen in quite some time.

HH
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:05:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Headlice:
How about the part where he walked into the room with his aquaintences were seated and held his hat out for donations to pay the heat to get his children back....

He promised his kids he wouldnt farm them out. He had to swallow his pride for his children. I wish some of patients had that kind of devotion to their children.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:23:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

Originally Posted By Headlice:

He promised his kids he wouldnt farm them out. He had to swallow his pride for his children. I wish some of patients had that kind of devotion to their children.

That scene made me tear up.

How big would that lump be to swallow?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:38:18 AM EDT
Truly, one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Makes a man think.........
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:14:57 PM EDT
That was a great movie.

Showed the importance of family and friends.

Another good scene was when his trainer gives him money to train, and Braddock's wife comes to the managers apartment fuirious and yelling about how rich he is, and when he opens the door she sees he sold everything to get the money.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:24:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:
That was a great movie.

Showed the importance of family and friends.

Another good scene was when his trainer gives him money to train, and Braddock's wife comes to the managers apartment fuirious and yelling about how rich he is, and when he opens the door she sees he sold everything to get the money.

That was a good scene. You see them sitting at a card table and 2 folding chairs. All their furniture has been sold and is gone.

I wonder if those days will return one day. It scars the hell out of me because I think it can. I also dont think people will be as clam now.
Top Top