Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/22/2012 9:03:31 PM EDT
Obamas gun ban list

Scroll down a bit and read...

Wondering if you think this might go thru and if it does would you dispose of your gun or register it and turn it over to the authorities?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
lol, dupe, and all my guns were lost in a tragic plane accident over a volcano
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
that's the same list from the 1994 ban

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]

No.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Not another militia link.

Old news OP.

I'm working real hard to make all my guns sink in a boating accident.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure that's their wish-list.

Not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So your saying this has no chance in the current administration?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I will register mine.

As long as there is a way to be legal, I will.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I will register mine.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope I would not put anything by um

but am saying its copy pasta bullshit

that shows up every fucking 6 months

If they come up with anything new it will be more encompassing and more specific

as the 94 ban was fairly easily worked around

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I will register mine.

Registrating your guns is just telling them exactly where to come and pick them up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I will register mine.

They're already legal.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I will register mine.

Apparently, history has taught you nothing about this thing called incrementalism.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

nope I would not put anything by um

but am saying its copy pasta bullshit
that shows up every fucking 6 months

If they come up with anything new it will be more encompassing and more specific
as the 94 ban was fairly easily worked around

It was either this or read about two tons of pigeon shit!  Sorry about stiring the pot again...
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Nobody will touch my penis
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I already have 3 grave spaces in cemeteries near me. Well I ain't gonna burry meself in all 3 LMAO
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I already have 3 grave spaces in cemeteries near me. Well I ain't gonna burry meself in all 3 LMAO

When the time has come that you need to bury them, in that same instant it is time to dig them up and use them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the time has come that you need to bury them, in that same instant it is time to dig them up and use them.

oh, I thought he was talking about trying to go all video game on the JBTs when they come for his guns
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh, I thought he was talking about trying to go all video game on the JBTs when they come for his guns

Meh, he may have been, but that's what I got out of it. YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#20]
What if it was 1936 and I refused to register my MG? Same thing. It would be worthless and I would have to face prison if cought with it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I will register mine.

I won't.

The only purpose for registration is eventual confiscation.  If they want to make me a felon, there's nothing I can do to stop them, so I might as well get it over with.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I will register mine.

Registration leads to confiscation.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Why do people keep asking this shit? People are always yelling that they will die for their rights, then next thing is people asking how do I turn them in so I won't be a list.
If you don't give a fuck about your rights, by all means turn them in now so you won't have to worry about such shit.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What if it was 1936 and I refused to register my MG? Same thing. It would be worthless and I would have to face prison if cought with it.

The NFA was passed in a particularly nasty time in American history, where widespread access to information did not exist, and the Great Depression was in full swing. I doubt many knew of the law for years afterward, and those that did did not have the money to register.

It was a knee-jerk reaction and the start of incrementalism. The frog was dropped into the pot, and the heat turned on low. The fact that the automatic weapon was only about 20 years old or so didn't help much.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sure that's their wish-list.

Not gonna happen.

If they regain the House at the midterms and retain the Senate, you can bet it will happen.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will register mine.

I know, and hate it. but like I said, What if it was 1936 and I refused to register my MG? Same thing. It would be worthless and I would have to face prison if cought with it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will register mine.

I know, and hate it. but like I said, What if it was 1936 and I refused to register my MG? Same thing. It would be worthless and I would have to face prison if cought with it.

There are quite a few MG's out there that the .gov has no idea exists. And why would it be worthless? Were you going to cut the receiver if you didn't register it?

This is worth reposting:
Quoted:
Why do people keep asking this shit? People are always yelling that they will die for their rights, then next thing is people asking how do I turn them in so I won't be a list.
If you don't give a fuck about your rights, by all means turn them in now so you won't have to worry about such shit.

Also this:
Quoted:
I won't.

The only purpose for registration is eventual confiscation.  If they want to make me a felon, there's nothing I can do to stop them, so I might as well get it over with.

What does the .gov do when it runs out of criminals to chase? It makes more, with the stroke of a pen, out of formerly law-abiding citizens.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Why would they ban airsoft guns? That's what this site is about, right?

Real guns are icky and I don't own any. Let's see that warrant
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I would worry about friends and family telling the gov/po po that we have icky black rifles? what would happen then?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I would worry about friends and family telling the gov/po po that we have icky black rifles? what would happen then?

Tell your comrade friends/family that you already turned yours in.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and if they see it? or if your at the range?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not exactly.  Look closely and you'll see that there's no allotment for "evil" features.  In the 1994 AWB, one feature was allowed.

Either way, I don't think any new gun restrictions have a chance at making it through congress.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Im broke. Im selling mine so we can eat.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You're new here, so you get a pass.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and if they see it? or if your at the range?

learn to be a little more secretive.  If there is a ban, then it is going to be of the utmost importance to learn to keep to yourself.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=44629

Thats all fun and games. but how would you prove that? they would want records of the boat and people you were with?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will register mine.

There are quite a few MG's out there that the .gov has no idea exists. And why would it be worthless? Were you going to cut the receiver if you didn't register it?

This is worth reposting:
Quoted:

Also this:
Quoted:
I won't.

What does the .gov do when it runs out of criminals to chase? It makes more, with the stroke of a pen, out of formerly law-abiding citizens.

Because it becomes illegal to possess?

You can't legally take it out and shoot it, if you move it becomes a huge liability, If the cops ever enter your home during an emergency you're fucked.

It's useless at that point. Utterly fucking useless except for "fighting the man".

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

X2
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all fun and games. but how would you prove that? they would want records of the boat and people you were with?

Ok, if you want a straight answer, tell them you sold them all. Private party.

Perfectly legal, and they have no real recourse.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#41]
The Tavor isn't even being imported yet.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You can't legally take it out and shoot it, if you move it becomes a huge liability, If the cops ever enter your home during an emergency you're fucked.

It's useless at that point. Utterly fucking useless except for "fighting the man".

All of which is true, but useless implies that it has no use whatsoever.

In reality, none of us know what we're going to do in such a situation until one arises. I hope to never see that day in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sure they will hear that all day long.... so they will search your place..... better be damn good at hiding them...

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I will register mine.

Registrating your guns is just telling them exactly where to come and pick them up.

So the other forms you fill out don't include an address?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Individually, they could charge you with dealing without a license and try to get a jury full of soccer moms to throw away the key, on a massive scale they would have a hard time putting the cat back in the bag.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In reality, none of us know what we're going to do in such a situation until one arises. I hope to never see that day in my lifetime.

I understand where you are coming from. Dont take this the wrong way, but how old are you? The reason I ask is this, I was here for the 86 ban and I had things that were banned in the 94 ban. We all said "from my dead cold fingers" but when push came to shove, no body did anything. The stuff I had durring the 94 ban was a constant worry. I couldnt use it because the risk of taking it out of my house was too much.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#47]
What guns?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand where you are coming from. Dont take this the wrong way, but how old are you? The reason I ask is this, I was here for the 86 ban and I had things that were banned in the 94 ban. We all said "from my dead cold fingers" but when push came to shove, no body did anything. The stuff I had durring the 94 ban was a constant worry. I couldnt use it because the risk of taking it out of my house was too much.

so they just sat at your place? and when you said no body did anything you talking about you never heard of stories where the cops "found a stash of icky guns"
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

May your chains rest lightly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top