Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 6:53:44 AM EDT
A company could make a killing building and selling belt fed uppers for the ar-15 and ar-10 platforms.

I'm not talking about shrike... Somebody like Larue with the capacity to turn them out at a decent rate.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
But you could only have no more than 10 links.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
The law includes belts, but of course if you linked together more than 10 rounds then fired the belt, the chances of getting in trouble are like 0.000000000001%
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A company could make a killing building and selling belt fed uppers for the ar-15 and ar-10 platforms.

I'm not talking about shrike... Somebody like Larue with the capacity to turn them out at a decent rate.

The old AWB called them "Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Devices" (LCAFDs ).  And LCAFDs included belted ammo.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Hopper feed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:08:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hopper feed.

kcolg30 likes the idea. Kinda like a slot machine with a bandit arm back in the 70's when they used quaters...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The law includes belts, but of course if you linked together more than 10 rounds then fired the belt, the chances of getting in trouble are like 0.000000000001%

The chances of getting in trouble with a 30 round magazine after a ban are already that low.
Seriously, how do they expect to enforce this ridiculous piece of legislation?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:10:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Like an old Gatling, the hopper can be 30rds long, just load with 10 and your good
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The old AWB called them "Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Devices" (LCAFDs ).  And LCAFDs included belted ammo.

Pretty easy to make a 50 round belt into a 10 round belt when the peelers show up and then back to 50 when they leave.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hopper feed.

kcolg30 likes the idea. Kinda like a slut machine with a bandit arm back in the 70's when they used quaters...

Where can I get one of these Slut machines?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Already covered in her master plan. Ammunition feeding devices
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Time to advance technology....

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The chances of getting in trouble with a 30 round magazine after a ban are already that low.

it's about keeping people from being able to admit they own them, take them to the range, etc.............

what does it matter if you own 1zillion mags, the entire stock of ammo that lake city could make in 1 year, and every AR sold in the US in the past month

if they have a 20 year sentence for mere possession.............and you weren't going to surrender them.............

what's the best you could do?  bury them under your shed and do shit?  that's exactly what will happen.  That's exactly the intent.  

They don't care about the existence of these items.  They care about the power to put more fear and government control over gun owners.......THAT is the goal.  Don't forget it.

They can't be so stupid as to think that banning something stops it from being sold, possessed, used, killed over. War on drugs as example.  They want to break us, one little bone at a time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:25:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hopper feed.

Covered as a "fixed magazine"
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Funny that you mention that. I had a rather detailed discussion regarding MASER's, Coilguns, and high powered air guns with a freind the other day. He had no idea how powerful an Airgun can actually be
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't imagine being a cop and enforcing this.
So they were legal and then illegal then legal and then illegal.

How could a LEO feel good about turning someone into a felon over that?

Stupid.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's about keeping people from being able to admit they own them, take them to the range, etc.............

what does it matter if you own 1zillion mags, the entire stock of ammo that lake city could make in 1 year, and every AR sold in the US in the past month

if they have a 20 year sentence for mere possession.............and you weren't going to surrender them.............

what's the best you could do?  bury them under your shed and do shit?  that's exactly what will happen.  That's exactly the intent.  

They don't care about the existence of these items.  They care about the power to put more fear and government control over gun owners.......THAT is the goal.  Don't forget it.

They can't be so stupid as to think that banning something stops it from being sold, possessed, used, killed over. War on drugs as example.  They want to break us, one little bone at a time.

Well said.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hopper feed.

kcolg30 likes the idea. Kinda like a slut machine with a bandit arm back in the 70's when they used quaters...

Yes, yes! where can one obtain a machine such as this? This will come in 'handy' as I'm single.

Just yankin your chain. I know you meant  "slot"

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#18]
If they ban mags, I'll make a killing selling mags
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hopper feed.

Yes, yes! where can one obtain a machine such as this? This will come in 'handy' as I'm single.

Just yankin your chain. I know you meant "slot"

I fixed the typo.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#20]

can I finally get a functional lightsaber while we are at it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hopper feed.

The Sarah Brady thread is just down the page.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#22]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dammit boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#23]
idk i still think whoever said that magpul/anyone else just make .50beowulf 10rd mags and 10 rd 5.56 mags. that being said if you take the follower out of the 5.56 and put it in the .50 you have you standard cap 30rd 5.56 mag and still be legal.... again i didnt come up with this someone else did on the what would happen to magpul thread did, i just think its an awesome idea.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I couldn't imagine being a cop and enforcing this.

So they were legal and then illegal then legal and then illegal.

How could a LEO feel good about turning someone into a felon over that?

Stupid.

Let's all just think back to the shoelace machine gun incident, shall we?

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#25]

They should probably ban break-barrel shotguns and rifles with fast actions while they are at it.

Just to be sure.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

They should probably ban break-barrel shotguns and rifles with fast actions while they are at it.

Just to be sure.

That's their goal.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#27]
10 rounds for show and 30 rounds for go.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#28]
There will be a revolt the like no one remembers
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That's their goal.  

Aye. For a lot of them, I bet it is. They'd probably love to have everything either banned entirely, or heavily licensed and regulated.

As for the video I posted, it shows that you can certainly reload almost anything fast enough to kill innocents.

It might be crass to say it, but especially kids. The little ones killed recently would not have had a chance to fight him off while he reloaded, that's for sure. The adult teachers would have stood a better chance, but they all females up against a young adult male.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty easy to make a 50 round belt into a 10 round belt when the peelers show up and then back to 50 when they leave.

The law also specified it (the AFD) could not be easily converted to hold more than 10 rounds, which is why the 10-round mags are such plastic-bottomed abortions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top