Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/2/2004 1:39:51 AM EST
If the purpose of a national political convention is to energize the base of the party, then this convention is doing a damn fine job of that.

I was really into the 2000 election, too much so in fact. All of the nonstop bickering really chapped my ass. Turned me somewhat apolitical, which I, in part, still am to this day and will continue to be. For the last three and a half years, I haven't paid much attention to the day to day grind of the political universe. My health was and is dependent upon my not becoming too involved.

But I've just spend the last hour watching various speeches from this week's RNC and Zell Miller's speech clinched it for me.

It's on like fucking donkey kong! Talk about energizing. Miller spoke with a southern fire that I haven't seen in a long time, and then only from the pulpit. Miller is my kind of speaker.

I think I will watch President Bush's speech live tonight. I've avoided any coverage thus far, simply because I don't want to get too riled up. But I've set something in motion this morning that won't soon die down.

Do I agree whole-heartedly with this administration? Not at all. But there is too much invested to just let it slip away in the wind like thistle dander.

I'm energized, and glad of it.
Top Top