Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 1:18:23 PM EDT
They sunk S 1805.

We sink any new gun ban.

We need somebody with balls in the Senate- Coburn? Craig? Keyes?

Anyway you ban semi autos, we reverse the machine gun ban of 1986.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, right.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Get enough people in like Larry Craig and Alan Keyes and it could happen.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It would be an interesting attempt.  The desire of the antis is amazing tho... just about anything we tack on may not sink it.

- BUCC_Guy

EDIT:  This is not to say that the machinegun ban repeal would work
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#4]
All you need to do is get one pro gun thing attached (say repeal of DC gun ban) and I bet the antis will pull an NRA.

If we get people like Keyes, Coburn, DeMint and Burr this time around, it's possible.

But in all reality if the Republicans retain control, the ban is dead, dead.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck the Government
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
your asking...  

would i trade "a postban semi" for registered full auto....
Once i register a postban lower it becomes a machinegun and not part of the AWB.  so i can have all the toys.  
and the AWB would sunset in ten more years and any Machineguns made during that time would
be normal NFA guns without any new restrictions?

YEA.  i would go for that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
your asking...  

would i trade "a prebans semi" for registered full auto....
Once i register my lower it becomes a machinegun and not part of the AWB.  so i can have all the toys.  
and the AWB would sunset in ten more years and any Machineguns made during that time would
be normal NFA guns without any new restrictions.

YEA.  i would go for that.

No I am just stating they want their gun ban reincarnated, they will have to take some poison with it.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]
We don't need poison pills. We have the majority, and we can already kill any bill we don't like.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#9]
A guy I work with just left early to go attend a reception for Tom DeLay.  Before he left, he asked me if there was anything I would like to relay to Mr. DeLay.  I told him that my federal taxes were too  high, and I would like him to repeal the 1934 and 1968 gun control acts.   He told me he would relay the thought to him.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#10]
hmmm something like nfa 34 is now null and void

I like it

no chance in hell of that happenning thu.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top