Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 2:30:56 AM EDT
He said he authorized the SEALS to go yesterday. Listen to his speech again, how does that work?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:31:59 AM EDT
[#1]
he died 15 hours ago
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Local reports of the helicopters and gunfire corroborate the attack on the compound happened between 1am and 2am Pakistan time on 5/2/11 (3pm and 4pm 5/1/11 EST).

Bin Laden died May 2nd 2011 (local time)
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
How did they get DNA confirmation so fast?

I'm not being a 'deather' or anything just genuinely curios.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:43:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

From my understanding they confirmed the identity from facial recognition (and presumably the presence of his family members). DNA is still being checked but it appears to be a formality.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:47:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From my understanding they confirmed the identity from facial recognition (and presumably the presence of his family members). DNA is still being checked but it appears to be a formality.  

I'll wait for the long form death certificate.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:53:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see. I thought DNA had already been confirmed.

I'm sure the evidence is overwhelming for BHO to make such a public announcement.

I'm looking forward to some leaked pics.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:53:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Don't know exactly what they're checking, but if they're just looking for a few smaller markers they could get that done in several hours. 454 Sequencing can do about 500Mbase in ten hours.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:16:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would think DNA would of been confirmed before tossing the corpse into the ocean.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:18:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know exactly what they're checking, but if they're just looking for a few smaller markers they could get that done in several hours. 454 Sequencing can do about 500Mbase in ten hours.

The above is true.  Also, consider that this was in the planning stages for a long time. They had everything they needed to ID him ready and waiting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:19:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would think DNA would of been confirmed before tossing the corpse into the ocean.

They have to (appear) to be respectful to Muslim custom by cleansing the body and burying it promptly.

Then again for all we know another body was dumped at sea and they have the real body on ice just in case it is needed for something.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:22:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have to (appear) to be respectful to Muslim custom by cleansing the body and burying it promptly.  

Then again for all we know another body was dumped at sea and they have the real body on ice just in case it is needed for something.

That could be what happened, claimed it was dropped in the ocean when they are bringing it back stateside.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#12]
According to the news, the DNA evidence came from a sister or relative that had died in the U.S., and they even said that the person died of cancer and that the brain had been taken into custody for DNA reference.........take that as you will

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see. I thought DNA had already been confirmed.

I'm sure the evidence is overwhelming for BHO to make such a public announcement.

I'm looking forward to some leaked pics.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:30:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry there will only be a "certificate of final death"
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:33:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You owe me a keyboard!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I am remaining somewhat suspicious of this for the moment. The fact that they kill him, got DNA confirmation and dumped the body where no one can find it all in the same day is fishy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#16]
the teleprompter told him so. DUH
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Plenty of tissue samples required for DNA matching were secured prior to making fish food.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top