Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/10/2002 5:29:35 AM EST
In Michigan what he did is a felony, and people are charged with it all the time..... he however is one of our overmaster cops so he gets a vacation and a transfer.
DETROIT -- A secret service agent who admitted he scrawled anti-Muslim statements on a Muslim prayer calendar during a search of a Dearborn man's home will not face charges. U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Collins said Friday that the agent will instead face disciplinary actions that include a six-month suspension without pay. Collins said he met with the agent earlier this week and the agent appeared to be extremely shaken and remorseful about what he had done. "I think he was shaken to the core," Collins said. "I think his career, which was on track for great things before this, has essentially been derailed." Collins said the sanctions taken against the agent were a much more severe consequence than any possible criminal charges, which would have been misdemeanors. The incident took place in July when agents searched the home of Omar Shishani, who has pleaded innocent to smuggling $12 million in bogus cashiers checks into the United States. Members of Shishani's family said they discovered after the search that "Islam is Evil" and "Christ is King" had been written on the prayer calendar attached to a refrigerator. The agent, who Collins identified only as a 10-year Secret Service veteran with an otherwise unblemished record, also will be transferred out of the Eastern District of Michigan and has written a letter of apology to Shishani and his family. The unpaid suspension amounts to a financial loss of about $40,000, Collins said. Federal agents searched Shishani's home July 18, one day after his arrest at Detroit Metropolitan Airport, where he was returning from a trip to Indonesia. Authorities said they found nine phony cashiers checks during a search of Shishani's bags. He was later indicted on charges of possession of counterfeit securities and smuggling merchandise into the United States. He is jailed without bond and faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted. The FBI is investigating whether Shishani has ties to terrorist organizations, but his name is not on the American terrorist watch list, law enforcement officials have said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:36:41 AM EST
As far as I'm concerned, no one is above the law. If he commented a felony, then charge him with one. Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:57:21 AM EST
If any other citizen would be charged, so should he. BTW, the article says it is a misdemeanor. What is the charge really? Why is it even a "crime".
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:59:21 AM EST
Felony? Scrawling some grafitti in someone's home is a felony? Not even on the walls, but on an easily-replaceable calendar? [b]Not in the Hun's Criminal Code![/b] And I can say that if it had been a Moslem Secret Service agent scrawling anti-Christian grafitti in a Christian home, I would think the same way! All things in persective. A [b]felony[/b] is a helluva rap! [b]And a $40,000.00 'fine'?[/b] Get real! Make him apologize to the family (but not the perp!), replace the calendar, and then do some community service in a Moslem community center! Eric The(Reasonable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:01:09 AM EST
Michigan Compiled Laws:
750.147b Ethnic intimidation. [M.S.A. 28.344(2) ] Sec. 147b. (1) A person is guilty of ethnic intimidation if that person maliciously, and with specific intent to intimidate or harass another person because of that person's race, color, religion, gender, or national origin, does any of the following: (a) Causes physical contact with another person. (b) Damages, destroys, or defaces any real or personal property of another person. (c) Threatens, by word or act, to do an act described in subdivision (a) or (b), if there is reasonable cause to believe that an act described in subdivision (a) or (b) will occur. (2) Ethnic intimidation is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years, or by a fine of not more than $5,000.00, or both. (3) Regardless of the existence or outcome of any criminal prosecution, a person who suffers injury to his or her person or damage to his or her property as a result of ethnic intimidation may bring a civil cause of action against the person who commits the offense to secure an injunction, actual damages, including damages for emotional distress, or other appropriate relief. A plaintiff who prevails in a civil action brought pursuant to this section may recover both of the following: (a) Damages in the amount of 3 times the actual damages described in this subsection or $2,000.00, whichever is greater. (b) Reasonable attorney fees and costs.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:06:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2002 6:16:00 AM EST by bountyhunter]
Hey he is just a guy, big deal, he slammed a religion. He was wrong, but not a biggie. 40,000 f***ing dollars is a lot for a moment of indiscretion. Tell the family it won't happen again and give him an ass chewing then move on, or does the media run the service, and this country, wait it does, but f*** them too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:06:10 AM EST
What Eric said. It's a shame that it happened (Not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing), but it's even more of a shame for the "Authorities" to ass rape him like that. PONY_DRIVER ------------------------------------------------ I fear no man...nor man who wants to be a woman...I do fear women who want to be men...
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:21:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By Happyshooter: Michigan Compiled Laws:
750.147b Ethnic intimidation. [M.S.A. 28.344(2) ] Sec. 147b. (1) A person is guilty of ethnic intimidation if that person maliciously, and with specific intent to intimidate or harass another person because of that person's race, color, religion, gender, or national origin, does any of the following: (a) Causes physical contact with another person. (b) Damages, destroys, or defaces any real or personal property of another person. (c) Threatens, by word or act, to do an act described in subdivision (a) or (b), if there is reasonable cause to believe that an act described in subdivision (a) or (b) will occur. (2) Ethnic intimidation is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years, or by a fine of not more than $5,000.00, or both. (3) Regardless of the existence or outcome of any criminal prosecution, a person who suffers injury to his or her person or damage to his or her property as a result of ethnic intimidation may bring a civil cause of action against the person who commits the offense to secure an injunction, actual damages, including damages for emotional distress, or other appropriate relief. A plaintiff who prevails in a civil action brought pursuant to this section may recover both of the following: (a) Damages in the amount of 3 times the actual damages described in this subsection or $2,000.00, whichever is greater. (b) Reasonable attorney fees and costs.
View Quote
View Quote
See how far we've come?? This shit comes straight out of the UN convention on "Human Rights". It is rampant in Canada. If you have a "Human Rights Commission" in your area, (City or county), THIS is their agenda. They want to add sexual orientation to it as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:33:51 AM EST
I have to disagree with you this time Hun. Scrawling a religious message that degrades the the belief system of the subject of a search warrant is misconduct worthy of job termination. The Agent in question has shown poor judgement in the extreme, in that his actions both opened the agency up for litagation, poisoned the chain of evidence of that search and demonstrated that the Agent is willing to knowingly violate the policy of his agency to promote a private religious agenda. One does not become a U.S. Secret Service Agent without intense detailed training in acceptable conduct of a search warrant. The agent Knew the rules and chose to break said rules for his own personal reasons and in conflict with the intrests of his agency. With the Agents level of training the willingness shown to disregard deparment and agency policy shows a reckless disregard and a level of poor judgement to such a large extent that to continue to retain this person in the position of Agent would be an unacceptable future risk. The agents actions are worthy of job termination. I myself do not believe felony charges should be leveled agaist the agent. But I fear that they will be anyway, in our current hate crime enviroment.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:36:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2002 6:41:00 AM EST by Stokes]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:40:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2002 6:41:05 AM EST by jrzy]
So can you say [size=5]"Fuck muslims"[/size=5]In Detroit or not ?
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:08:42 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:56:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2002 7:56:48 AM EST by Happyshooter]
SGB, the term 'specific intent' has a special legal meaning, in brief (and not completely accurate) it means that in order to be convicted the bad-doer had to have meant for the result to happen when he did it. Example (crude): You shoot at X he and dies, and you planned for him to and wanted him to die when you shot, Murder One (in Michigan) specific intent. You get drunk at a party and shoot your AK into the darkness for fun and shoot X a block away and he dies, Manslaughter, you didn't mean for him to die.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:37:21 AM EST
There is a concept caled "progressive discipline" in most professional LE circles. You decide what constitutes misconduct, and you basically come up with what amounts to a sentencing guideline of punishments for various acts. That way, a senior staff puke won't get slapped on the wrist for something that would get a grunt fired, and officers have a good, solid idea about what happens to them when they screw up. This would have netted a demotion and/or a suspension of more than 40 hours without pay under our system if this was the first incident in his history. It seems to me the punishment is fair and even-handed, and should stand. Chances are, at the end of six months, this guy won't come back, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:24:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2002 10:27:28 AM EST by AR15fan]
Hmm? So he committed vandalism of a calender, with a possible "hate crime" enhancement. The section that HS posted requires "specific intent to intimidate or harrass". I think his intent was to spread the word of the one true God, not intimidation or harrassment. I'm not a religious person. But didnt he do exactly what any real Christian is supposed to do? Witness Christ and call out false prophets, and all that stuff?
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:27:47 AM EST
Write on somebody's calendar and get fined $40K???? Whatever happened to "stick and stones may break my bone..."? Ethnic intimidation? What a stupid waste of time writting such a law. I have been called white boy, honky, cracker, and every other name there is but I don't see anybody getting a felong charge slammed on them for intimidating my "ethnic pride". Give the FBI guy a raise, a promotion, and a paid vacation.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:29:36 AM EST
He's getting transferred to another (unnamed)district. It may wind up costing him and or more than $40,000 though. Did you see the part about civil action? Actual damages (to include emotional distress) times 3, plus attorneys fees? Eric, when you said you'd feel the same way if it were sa Moslem writing anti-Christian graffiti, you left out the fact that it was done on a prayer calendar. Would you still feel the same way if it were done on a calendar of the religious days before & after Easter? Now I have a question: Does the fact that he was a federal agent immunize him in anyway from state laws? If so, does it go out the window when he does something like this which is obviously outside the scope of his duties? Notice the announcement of "no charges" came from the U.S. Attorney, not the state AG. Maybe there's more ahead? The fact that the guy is not on the watch list is not surprising at all. He may be using other name(s), and still be connected, or maybe he's just a crook. But this development didn't help the criminal case against Shishani a bit. I'd like to see a photo of the calendar in question, but it probably shouldn't be circulated. It would be interesting to know if there were any Anti-U.S. or "kill the infidels" notes by the owner.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:36:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2002 10:38:38 AM EST by redray]
[b][size=3]so, what did he do wrong again? islam [red]is[/red] fucking evil ! or did the press get to you bleeding hearts as well? [/b][/size=3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:37:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2002 10:38:01 AM EST by Happyshooter]
The point here is not what should be, the point is that in Michigan what he did was a felony. Not some 'on the books never looked at' felony, a crime that is charged over and over again every week. If a black and a white get into a fight it is even money that instead of 'mutual combatants' and no charges after the night in jail the black will get simple assault and the white will get a felony charge. He got a special deal that no one else would get.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:10:37 AM EST
Happy, would 'truth' of the statements (written on the calendar) be a defense? Wouldn't want to be the judge on that one!
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:20:41 AM EST
46% want to charge him with a felony!?! It's either more badge envy gone awry or the hypocrite PC police are out in full force on AR15.com today. He scrawled a naughty on a calendar and you people want him in prison!?! Does your hypocrisy know no bounds? You all want free speech this and Constitutional rights that. You whine about the soccer moms and the politically correct liberals. You are all so full of shit I can smell you from here. So you like they way that "Hate crime" laws are enforced but you don't like the way that gun laws are enforced. You people make me want to puke. [puke]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 1:09:12 PM EST
Felony for him. Remember all the LEO types that enforce the law in black and white, not a bit of grey... too the letter? Well, let me refresh you... if he broke the law- he broke the law.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 2:45:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By Happyshooter: Michigan Compiled Laws:
View Quote
View Quote
This is not a felony, in MI it's called a high court misdemeanor. Two years max, but not a felony, kind of a weird hybird deal. This and assualting a Police officer are the only ones I'm aware of but there are probably others. Jeff
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 2:56:11 PM EST
More than half of all cases never given the max. Most are plea bargained. So with this in mind, why do we want to treat this agent any differently? $40,000 seems excessive for making a true statement.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 3:37:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By Sukebe: 46% want to charge him with a felony!?! It's either more badge envy gone awry or the hypocrite PC police are out in full force on AR15.com today. He scrawled a naughty on a calendar and you people want him in prison!?! Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?
View Quote
Hypocrisy is swearing to uphold the law and then shitting on it. Aggravating that is the fact that these badge wearing federal scumbags then proceed to let each other off without charges when they break the law, something the "little people" don't get to do. If I committed this, admittedly puerile and petty "hate" felony, my ass would be in chains. But if you are a federal you can shhot innocent bystanders in the face with an M4 and that is just fine as far as they are concerned. If I shot a guy who was chasing my old lady buck naked with a butcher knife, I would be arrested, even if the whole event was on videotape, but these scumbags are above the law. I know because a federqal judge said so. He can't be charged under MI or any other state staute.
You all want free speech this and Constitutional rights that. You whine about the soccer moms and the politically correct liberals. You are all so full of shit I can smell you from here. So you like they way that "Hate crime" laws are enforced but you don't like the way that gun laws are enforced. You people make me want to puke. [puke]
View Quote
I think all those stupid laws are the products of poisoned minds and utter idiots. I still obey them. I have to. And so do those badge wearing hypocrites. There is no hypocrisy in demanding that LEOs observe the laws they are sworn to uphold as well as enforce, no matter how stupid and unjust the law. Get it?
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 4:13:41 PM EST
The punishment was way out of bounds and reflects the selective enforcement of unreasonable laws.. That being said, if the track record shows that I would be charged with a felony - then so should the officer. Hopefully the law itself will be challenged and thrown out. It goes to point out the stupid selectively enforced laws that are on the books. This is why you see very little respect for laws and the legal system in general. Perhaps if all laws were applied equally to everyone, especially the politicians that write them, there would be fewer laws intruding on our lives. It still sucks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:32:05 PM EST
NAH you guys know the first amendment don't pertain to Armed Forces Peoples,or Cops. We have all the rights and those that enforce those laws have none right? Piss off assholes,just tell the cop in the future don't write on peoples calendars. Or as Kenny Rogers sang- Ohhh Copper,don't take your bics to town! Bob [8D]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:47:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By mmsig229: More than half of all cases never given the max. Most are plea bargained. So with this in mind, why do we want to treat this agent any differently? $40,000 seems excessive for making a true statement.
View Quote
When the ATF does another Waco style raid and spray paints "There is no right to keep and bear arms" all over the "suspect's" walls, I hope you defend them too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:05:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2002 6:08:00 PM EST by The_Emu]
U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Collins said Friday that the agent will instead face disciplinary actions that include a six-month suspension without pay.... The unpaid suspension amounts to a financial loss of about $40,000, Collins said. [/quote $80,000 a year, now THAT is a crime. Ben, The Emu
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:08:20 PM EST
He should be terminated from his job because anyone else would have been terminated, and he should be charged with a felony because anyone else would be charged with a felony. Let him have his day in court. If the DA decides to plea bargain it down to a misdemeanor, that's fine. But there should be no special treatment for that guy. I guess he's more equal than the rest of us. Gotta love the Feds. Even the US Attorney takes care of his hellow Feds.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:52:16 PM EST
Very unprofessional and a fargin' shame. Six months no pay........ Damn! Ten years? Sounds like the kid is just out of high school. I expect better than that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:22:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By poikilotrm:
Originally Posted By Sukebe: 46% want to charge him with a felony!?! It's either more badge envy gone awry or the hypocrite PC police are out in full force on AR15.com today. He scrawled a naughty on a calendar and you people want him in prison!?! Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?
View Quote
Hypocrisy is swearing to uphold the law and then shitting on it. Aggravating that is the fact that these badge wearing federal scumbags then proceed to let each other off without charges when they break the law, something the "little people" don't get to do. If I committed this, admittedly puerile and petty "hate" felony, my ass would be in chains. But if you are a federal you can shhot innocent bystanders in the face with an M4 and that is just fine as far as they are concerned. If I shot a guy who was chasing my old lady buck naked with a butcher knife, I would be arrested, even if the whole event was on videotape, but these scumbags are above the law. I know because a federqal judge said so. He can't be charged under MI or any other state staute.
You all want free speech this and Constitutional rights that. You whine about the soccer moms and the politically correct liberals. You are all so full of shit I can smell you from here. So you like they way that "Hate crime" laws are enforced but you don't like the way that gun laws are enforced. You people make me want to puke. [puke]
View Quote
I think all those stupid laws are the products of poisoned minds and utter idiots. I still obey them. I have to. And so do those badge wearing hypocrites. There is no hypocrisy in demanding that LEOs observe the laws they are sworn to uphold as well as enforce, no matter how stupid and unjust the law. Get it?
View Quote
Of course I get it. Your another idiot with a keyboard and some time on his hands.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:36:12 PM EST
And you are an apologist for scumbag cops, leading me to suspect that you endorse. if not practice, illegal activities. If you didn't you wouldn't be so comfortable with it, right? Maybe we should have a "Blue Goon" forum for you and your ilk to go and roll around in your own filth.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:22:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:43:22 PM EST
Post from prk -
Eric, when you said you'd feel the same way if it were sa Moslem writing anti-Christian graffiti, you left out the fact that it was done on a prayer calendar. Would you still feel the same way if it were done on a calendar of the religious days before & after Easter?
View Quote
A prayer calendar? Sounds like 'vain and repetitive prayers' to me, for my view of Christianity doen't value some days above others. But let's say that the anti-Christian message was scrawled on my favorite King James'. I'd say, replace to Bible, apologize, maybe 30 days administrative leave. I suppose that not being a member of some group of historically oppressed peoples has been something of an innoculation for me not to wallow in self-pity, pettiness, and insane vindictiveness. Hey, but that's just me! White Anglo-Saxon Protestant! Eric The(WithALotOfGermanThrownIn)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:13:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2002 11:21:49 PM EST by kentstate4]
I must chime in here If a muslim secret service scrawled something about 9-11-01 everyone on this board would stand in line to whack him in the head. I say fry this prick Secret nazi!!1 $40k fine. He should think before he acts. Fry his ass? Along with the soccer mom that set Yosemite national park on fire and ruined part of my vaction.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:45:28 AM EST
I would have given him one of my pens. I would have given him can of PAINT So it botheres you he wrote something about on a muslum prayer calendar ? Remember 9/11/02 I do. He could have destoyd some evidence and that is stupid. 6 month vaction it way too harsh for the guy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:52:57 AM EST
give him a payraise. then give him a stepladder, a can or two of spray paint, 2-foot high stencils that spell out what he wrote on their fucking calendar, send him back to the house and let him write on their walls, ceilings and fence.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:52:50 AM EST
If he wrote 'CHRIST IS KING' in Saudi Arabia, they would cut off his head. If anyone else in Michigan has been charged with a similar crime, charge the agent. By the same token, if the Muslim is a smuggler/terrorist, cut off his head.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:56:55 AM EST
His career is over. That's about as much punishment as he deserves. Sending ANYONE to jail, for that, is excessive. He's unprofessional and immature. He should be let go.
Top Top