Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 1:28:35 PM EDT
There is so much hatred personally at W.  I am wondering if a commie nutjob from the left will try and physically harm W?  I think domestic terror will be on the rise.  I think W's victory will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.  Good thing most of them are scared of guns.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
from the 'left wing nut jobs' point of view, that would be the absolute stupidest thing they can do.  if they think Bush is a 'heartless, ultra-conservative' can you imagine what they would say about Dick Cheney?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]
...and can you imagine their response when W's approval numbers go up to 90% again from sympathy alone?

Oh....and they're free to try, if they think they can one-up a SS detail that's on a WAR footing!

Go ahead! I DARE them!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Given the level of hate directed at the guy, I'm surprised some nutjob hasn't already tried.

I'd imagine the Secret Service's plate is full on any given day, checking stuff out.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Given the level of hate directed at the guy, I'm surprised some nutjob hasn't already tried.

I'd imagine the Secret Service's plate is full on any given day, checking stuff out.

Exactly my thoughts as well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The left doesn't own any guns, remember
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
from the 'left wing nut jobs' point of view, that would be the absolute stupidest thing they can do.  if they think Bush is a 'heartless, ultra-conservative' can you imagine what they would say about Dick Cheney?

heart-bypassed, ultra-conservative
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+ +

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
What makes you think they haven't already? I'll bet the SS has already squashed a decent number of commie nutjobs who were seriously thinking about it. Hell, there's no shortage of plain-old nutjobs who'd kill any President just for the 15 minutes of fame.

Luckily, the SS has the routine down, I'm sure. Assassinating the president successfully even without getting away clean would be dammed hard.

Of course, such assassinations aren't likely to be politically productive anyways. There'll just be a backlash against the people who did it for being violent criminals and for interfering with the political process. The way things are now, they'd be better off assassinating Kerry and blaming it on right-wing militia nuts.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if some commie nutjobs haven't actually been stopped these past 4 years --- and we're just not hearing about it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Remember
JRK, life member of the NRA was killed by
Lee Harvey Oswald, member of the ACLU.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I wonder if some commie nutjobs haven't actually been stopped these past 4 years --- and we're just not hearing about it.

Bingo

GM
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Any time a person of  marginal stability gets wrapped up in a religious, quasi-religious or fanatical idea they may decide that the ends justifies the means.  ERGO, you have PETA terrorists, Eco-terrorists, right-wing ultra-conservative Jews in Israel who would rather see a cvil war in Israel than cede any settlements,  die-hard commies, die-hard "Birchers",  Jim Kopp (look him up, went to school with him), NAMBLA, the Panthers, the Klan, Aryan White partyites, etc, etc.  Look at some of the "Grab yer guns, the world has ended and we need to man the barricades" postings we get here sometimes.  Some of those guys may actually believe some of the stuff they post here.  Or somebody may believe them and man his local barricades.

I'm sure there are some weak-minded left wingers that believe all the political crap they are being fed where 99+% of the population recognizes it as crap in a campaign,  would one of them be animated enough to do it or try?  just like there are some right-wingers  who might fall into similar categories. Would one of them (either side) be motivated by political depression and ultimate pessism to commit an act of patriotic duty??
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Would one of them (either side) be motivated by political depression and ultimate pessism to commit an act of patriotic duty utterly futile stupidity???

There...fixed it for ya...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I generally like to stay away from conversations of any kind.. dealing with violence towards the POTUS
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#15]
The british want it to happen
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136525,00.html
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont see someone going all they way with it very likely.  The hatred towards Bush the left has put in some people.

If we didnt have all the heavy security we do now, I think it would be more likely.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#17]
The Secret Service operates under the assumption that in virtually ANY crowd of people the president appears in front of, there is at least one person who would kill him if they got the chance.  This is illustrated by multiple appearances of Hinkley at prior events President Reagan attended before he shot him.

Watch the Secret Service guys when either POTUS or sKerry shakes hands.  They stand right next to them with their hands up above their waist in order to grab a gun or other weapon that comes up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That's why I love Cheney so damn much!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]
THis may piss of some of you who haven't really studied, but, look what JFK's assassination did for him.

He was, as history shows, at best, a mediocre, if not bad president.  But, because of the death, he know is considered one of the greatest.

So I say they won't do it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I have no problem with a President Dick Cheney

ETA: I respect President Bush completely and wish him a long and healthy life. I'm simply saying Cheney as next in line comforts me as equally as John Edwards as VP scares me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#21]
We have NO IDEA, absolutely no idea how many times the Secret Service has already squashed any such attempts/threats.  It may be zero times, it may be many many times.
Just as we have no idea how many times terrorist plans such as 9/11 have been squashed since then.
If I had to bet, I would bet on dozens of times to each.
And, that we don't know is another feather in W's cap.  If it were Slick or Skerry, each and every instance would be aired in public, no matter what resources or investigations it burned.
DanM
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
THis may piss of some of you who haven't really studied, but, look what JFK's assassination did for him.

He was, as history shows, at best, a mediocre, if not bad president.  But, because of the death, he know is considered one of the greatest.

So I say they won't do it.

What makes you think any radical left-wing kook DUer, knows anything about history?  I think it is pretty safe to assume that anyone in THAT camp, isn't too familiar with the histronics of the Kennedy presidency, except their made up wet dream fantasy of what they deluded themselves into thinking it was.

Most of them won't even admit that Reagan and Kennedy agreed on most of their policies...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Cheney would then become President.  A man who is probably the best candidate for the job now living, but who could probably not be elected in his own right.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Some have speculated that the SS is probably spending more time and effort protecting Bush than they did the previous President.

This is just something I heard...along with a couple different theories as to why this might be.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#25]
That would be a dumb move, They would then have a President Cheney to deal with!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Trying to screw with the Pres while the country is on a war footing is bad ju-ju. The SS would riddle, reload and riddle again just for the hell of it.

Someone would have to be out of their freakin' gourd to try it now. Some people are that crazy though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
What makes you think they haven't already? I'll bet the SS has already squashed a decent number of commie nutjobs who were seriously thinking about it. Hell, there's no shortage of plain-old nutjobs who'd kill any President just for the 15 minutes of fame.Kind of like the one who shot Reagan

Luckily, the SS has the routine down, I'm sure. Assassinating the president successfully even without getting away clean would be dammed hard.Each attempt - successful or not - makes it harder to get thru, as each attempt teaches the USSS how to stop them better

Of course, such assassinations aren't likely to be politically productive anyways. There'll just be a backlash against the people who did it for being violent criminals and for interfering with the political process. Oswald found that one out the hard way.... The way things are now, they'd be better off assassinating Kerry and blaming it on right-wing militia nuts.

The Bushes have been the only Presidents we've had since 1980 that have NOT been shot at (that we know of)...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#28]

The Bushes have been the only Presidents we've had since 1980 that have NOT been shot at (that we know of)...

OK, refresh my memory. When was Willy shot at, besides in the oval office?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#29]
wasn't there that one dude that had an ak47 randomly shooting at the white house that one time?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
wasn't there that one dude that had an ak47 randomly shooting at the white house that one time?

Yah, I forgot about that. I wonder if that was what Dave_A was refering to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top