Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/23/2005 7:50:44 AM EDT
... look at where it's been.

A basic principle of applying the historical record to current events to make an educated guess at coming events.

Specifically, in regard to Islam.

Having read about the history of Islam, its relations with its neighbors, and how non-Islamic societies were subjugated, I believe that the vast majority of people today severely underestimate the threat posed by a resurgent Islam.

I don't believe that the militant, jihadist brand of Islam is a twisted interpretation of the Koran/Q'uran, but rather it is the kinder, gentler, tolerant, warm fuzzy brand that is not in keeping with the dictates of that religion.

A couple sources that pull back the curtain:

Jihad, by Paul Fregosi

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades), Robert Spencer
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:59:29 PM EDT
Just a thought ,,most countries try to make their neighbors like they are.
Point in case ,,the sun never sets on the empire,,British subjucation of the world ,back in their day.
I don't know about how much "kinder" this generation of Islamist are,maybe some just know the world is shrinking.Communications has made the world more informed,and more accessible.

One countries freedom fighter is anothers insurgent,after all weren't we the Brits problem child?
Who wins writes history and the losers are subjucated.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:55:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JPC:
Just a thought ,,most countries try to make their neighbors like they are.
Point in case ,,the sun never sets on the empire,,British subjucation of the world ,back in their day.
I don't know about how much "kinder" this generation of Islamist are,maybe some just know the world is shrinking.Communications has made the world more informed,and more accessible.

One countries freedom fighter is anothers insurgent,after all weren't we the Brits problem child?
Who wins writes history and the losers are subjucated.

It would be great if we could all just get along. The Brits have grown in this respect, as seen by the move away from imperialistic attitudes, returning former colonies to the indigenous peoples.

However, that doesn't match up with the unvarnished history of Islam.

The booger man of an American Empire just isn't there. If it was, Germany would not have opposed the war in Iraq like they did. Japan would be dancing to our tune.

Naturally, every country tries to influence events to their benefit, but the war with Iraq was not to take their oil from them (of course that doesn't stop the liberals from mindlessly bleating, "No blood for oil").

We rationalize away the Islamic threat at our own peril.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:16:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 7:22:33 PM EDT by JPC]
Terrorists are terrorist,Islamic,IRA.Basque Sepratist,Red Brigade or other
NO FUCKING MERCY,I above all believe that,,I'm 'Eireannach...[IRISH]
NEVER did I intone the muslim Islamish jihadists are NOT a threat
I'M ALSO A MARINE WHO REMEMBERS ALL TOO WELL BEIRUIT
SEMPER FNGING FIDELIS

ps yes I take it personal
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:11:13 AM EDT

Terrorists are terrorist,Islamic,IRA.Basque Sepratist,Red Brigade or other
NO FUCKING MERCY,I above all believe that,

People are quick to bring up non-Muslim terrorist groups, but the fact is that the vast majority of terrorists in the world are Islamic.

NEVER did I intone the muslim Islamish jihadists are NOT a threat
I'M ALSO A MARINE WHO REMEMBERS ALL TOO WELL BEIRUIT
SEMPER FNGING FIDELIS

We are on the same side here.

The question is whether the problem is with a "lunatic fringe" of Islam, or with the nature of Islam itself.

After studying the subject a bit, it is the terrorists and others who want to spread Islam by force and crush the non-Muslim societies are the True Believers, acting according to the track record of Islam over the centuries. So-called moderate Muslims are dilettantes, rationalizing away parts of the religion that are inconvenient and whitewashing the history.

ps yes I take it personal

"It?" Beirut or something I said?

The intent here is to discuss Islam according to the historical record.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:38:59 AM EDT
Sorry about my rage ,,but the IT ,I refer to is terrorism itself.
As for a Muslim Jihad ,yes I do believe that there is a "lunatic" fringe.
But by stating it's a Islamist jihad ,it makes it a religious war,,Crusade.
I remember watching the '72 Munich Olympics,,PLO takes Isreali hostages
Entebbe,,PLO / Isreali again,,
The sarin gas attack in Japan wasn't Islamist,,.
Lord Montbatten being blowed up wasn't Islamist

I think after the Iran/Iraq war is when all the lunny Islasmist jihadist really took off.

Where's everybody else,we the only ones discussing this?
Who Dares Wins

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:41:59 AM EDT
There's no denying the acts of groups like the IRA, Basque terrorists, Red Brigade, etc.

These groups represent a small minority of terrorists worldwide, and their causes are mainly localized political conflicts.

The fact is that most terrorism in the world is committed by Muslims, and their goal is to spread Islam and inflict casualties on non-Muslims.

I applaud the Muslims in Iraq who are fighting alongside our troops to fight terrorists in their country. However, recognizing their contribution doesn't negate the rest of the threat.

I have no animosity toward Muslims who want to live peacefully alongside us.

However, I will oppose with all that is in me the efforts of those who want to subjugate us.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:43:01 AM EDT

Where's everybody else,we the only ones discussing this?

Yeah, 96 views.

Should this be called The WWII Forum?
Top Top