Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 7:52:25 AM EDT
If you only ever listen to me ONE TIME...do it now.

I have seen this mistake time and again in real life and on these forums. And sadly I have made the same kind of mistake before learning the hard way in the past. Lucky for me it was over real piddly shit so it didn't matter, still lesson learned the hard way.

Learn from this topic:

Guns Confiscated! My Night in PRISON. Lawers Advice Needed!

If EVER you have a pending legal problem do these things first.

1. Leave. You can't be arrested if you aren't there. Have a place to go ALWAYS for emergency reasons, preferrably one potential troublemakers won't think about.

2. Secure your guns someplace safe. That means you have to figure out where that would be BEFORE a problem exists, preferrably one potential troublemakers won't think about.

3. Get a lawyer and don't talk to anyone else. SHUT UP and get a lawyer.

We are all mostly honest people who are certain that if we only explain what "really happened" we can get this all taken care of. Problem is the police usually don't give a fuck, weren't there and are gonna be inclined to believe about 1/3 of what you said, a 1/3 of what your accuser said and will fill in the rest with what they "think" probably happened.

Police aren't concerned with justice, that is for the judge AFTER you have been arrested. Their only job is to determine IF they can arrest you.

Most often, you WILL BE ARRESTED and quite often your GUNS WILL BE TAKEN.

If the police call you on your phone...DO NOT GO BACK TO BE ARRESTED. Get a lawyer and advise the police to contact your lawyer. From that point do ONLY WHAT YOUR LAWYER SAYS.

Doesn't matter what the potential legal problem is. Imminent divorce, roomate problem, gf claims you hit her, etc. whatever is coming be prepared to do steps 1 through 3.

Most of you guys are prepared for natural disasters, robberies and invasions by foreign military but you end up pants down and over a barrel when someone calls the cops because they have some kind of problem with you.

Lawyers...if I left anything out or you believe my recommended actions could be better, please let me know.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
but where does "going out in a blaze of glory" come in?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#2]
This is sage advice. Everybody should make a point to have a lawyer on retainer or at least have a buisiness card.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#3]
If I could add one thing I have lived with several roomates none of them could begin to tell you what I owned and I sure as hell did not show them off.  Roommates and guns do not mix, roommates friends and guns really don't mix.  LOCK YOUR SHIT UP WHEN YOU LEAVE OR STOW THEM ELSEWHERE.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#4]

I watched a guy I work with lose all his guns, he threatened to kill someone though. He probably surfs here as it is as close to weapons as he can get now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Stay away from idiots and "roomates".
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:07:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I watched a guy I work with lose all his guns, he threatened to kill someone though. He probably surfs here as it is as close to weapons as he can get now.

4. If you OWN guns don't be stupid enough to threaten to kill people. You will be arrested, you will lose your guns. It is a dumb way to fuck up your life. And if you really ARE gonna kill them, why the fuck would you give them warning and time to prepare?

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I know alot of guys with large gun collections. How would one deal with that problem if they have alot to move?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know alot of guys with large gun collections. How would one deal with that problem if they have alot to move?

As best you can.

Hopefully most shit is locked down in a safe. That is temporarily secure until you can get a lawyer to keep anyone from fucking with your shit. But if you have 5 rifles in a gun cabinet with glass doors toss them in the trunk on the way out the door.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you only ever listen to me ONE TIME...do it now.

I have seen this mistake time and again in real life and on these forums. And sadly I have made the same kind of mistake before learning the hard way in the past. Lucky for me it was over real piddly shit so it didn't matter, still lesson learned the hard way.

Learn from this topic:

Guns Confiscated! My Night in PRISON. Lawers Advice Needed!

If EVER you have a pending legal problem do these things first.

1. Leave. You can't be arrested if you aren't there. Have a place to go ALWAYS for emergency reasons, preferrably one potential troublemakers won't think about.

2. Secure your guns someplace safe. That means you have to figure out where that would be BEFORE a problem exists, preferrably one potential troublemakers won't think about.

3. Get a lawyer and don't talk to anyone else. SHUT UP and get a lawyer.

We are all mostly honest people who are certain that if we only explain what "really happened" we can get this all taken care of. Problem is the police usually don't give a fuck, weren't there and are gonna be inclined to believe about 1/3 of what you said, a 1/3 of what your accuser said and will fill in the rest with what they "think" probably happened.

Police aren't concerned with justice, that is for the judge AFTER you have been arrested. Their only job is to determine IF they can arrest you.

Most often, you WILL BE ARRESTED and quite often your GUNS WILL BE TAKEN.

If the police call you on your phone...DO NOT GO BACK TO BE ARRESTED. Get a lawyer and advise the police to contact your lawyer. From that point do ONLY WHAT YOUR LAWYER SAYS.

Doesn't matter what the potential legal problem is. Imminent divorce, roomate problem, gf claims you hit her, etc. whatever is coming be prepared to do steps 1 through 3.

Most of you guys are prepared for natural disasters, robberies and invasions by foreign military but you end up pants down and over a barrel when someone calls the cops because they have some kind of problem with you.

Lawyers...if I left anything out or you believe my recommended actions could be better, please let me know.

A BIG +1

I posted this in the original thread & copied it for here also:

This post is a wake-up call to all the members who could find themselves in a similar situation w/ a psycho girlfriend / wife ( or the classic ARFCOM 'both' ). We'll leave ghey lovers out for simplicity's sake.

Being right or wrong - true story or complete fabrication or something as innocent as alittle too much tequila .... get the POPO dispatched to your digs by your significant other or a nosey ass neighbor or someone who has an old score to settle and you better make certain you have your ducks in a row concerning what to say ( as in what not to say ).

In alot of states a simple arrest for domestic violence ( NOT CONVICTION, but arrest ) can keep you from ever again legally owning a firearm.

If you are dating one of those bunny burners you need to think long & hard whether the risk is worth the reward.

A mans greatest talent is that of never using 2 words when one will do. AKA: KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

my humble .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top