Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2002 6:33:33 AM EDT
Ever since I got this phone back in October I've had nothing but trouble.  They've screwed up my billing several times.  Disconnected my phone for no reason.  Now they are billing me for the same phone twice.

PEOPLE NEVER BUY FROM WORLDCOM!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#1]
You think that's bad? Try working for them...
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ever since I got this phone back in October I've had nothing but trouble.  They've screwed up my billing several times.  Disconnected my phone for no reason.  Now they are billing me for the same phone twice.

PEOPLE NEVER BUY FROM WORLDCOM!!!!!
View Quote

[url]http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/results.asp?q1=331&q2=&q3=&q4=&q5=worldcom&q6=&q7=&submit2=Search%21[/url]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You think that's bad? Try working for them...
View Quote

Et tu, urodoji?
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, me three.  And Im sure that there are at least 100 other people on this board that are having billing problems w/ MCI Worldcom.

I had my phone over a year, never went over my alotted 300 minutes.  After my contract expired, they put me on a 200 minute a month plan without ever telling me, as well as taking away my unlimited nights and weekends and only giving me 500 minutes of nights and weekends.  That would have been fine with me if they had let ME in on the joke.

Since they are billing like 4 months behind, I didnt find out about this plan change until it was too late.  I owe them $430 for 2 months where it should only be $70 plus tax.  Dont even bother with customer service, they will only stroke you.  trust me they will only stroke you.

I have been trying to straighten this out since September with absolutely NO LUCK.  They will not budge on that dollar amount since I cancelled my account after finding out how they were screwing me.  BTW I was with them well over a year when this happened.

Anyone here work in customer service or collections so I could get an accurate bill of what I actually owe and pay them?  I really want to get this matter straightened out.

Steven
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#5]
go with alltel.. in the years my family has been with them we have had very few billing problems. although one of their plans last year was truley screwed up. a unlimited local plan... sounds good. was limited to the county, still good for people who dont leave the county often. the phone could be set to Home NAM only (some mode so it uses ONLY home service towers and nothing else, if it cant find a Hnam it doesnt work) problem was... 2 of the towers answered as local, so the phone thought they were local, but the plan didnt count them as local. so people got billed for roaming when their phone linked 2 those 2 towers. and one other time the billing system put a outrages amount on for roaming that simply had no way of happening, the laws of physics prevent it! this one incident was amusing. the computers said a call was made from TownA at 11:50 (home town), Town G (400 miles away) 12:00, TownB at 12:05 (200 miles...) and to top it off... a call from across the country at 12:07  so within 20 mintures he had travled over 3000 miles! billing got a good laugh outa that glitch.. and no it wasnt a stolen code/ESN. computer just... lost it. but all in all alltel has been very little trouble. spotty coverage in some areas around my home area, but what cell company has perfect coverage?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top