Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/10/2005 10:43:13 AM EDT
punishing us for our manifest sins by killing less than two thousand Americans....

What's this?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/10/10/quake.asia/index.html
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
punishing us for our manifest sins by killing less than a thousand Americans....

What's this?

I don't believe you can point to chapter and verse that proclaims Katrina to have been Divine Judgement upon the US for sin.

In fact, when one does examine the Biblical accounts of actual judgement, it is quite clear and quite drastic.

Speculation that this was God's doing is just that: Speculation.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
which god?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The last 2 (3 if you count Iran) major "acts of God" have devastated radical muslim populations.  Katrina killed less than a thousand, so I doubt you could call that "God's wrath".  If one were very religeous and believed in "Gods Wrath", I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to know what side he's on.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay, I clarified the title..
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
punishing us for our manifest sins by killing less than two thousand Americans....

What's this?
www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/10/10/quake.asia/index.html

Fixed it for you..
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My sister's church collectively prayed that the hurricanes would not hit Central Texas.
Now they are feeling guilty that they weren't specific enough in their prayers, and include a plea to stop the hurricanes from hitting any state.  I don't know if they understand about high and low pressure areas.

that is just f'd up mang
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
punishing us for our manifest sins by killing less than a thousand Americans....

What's this?

I don't believe you can point to chapter and verse that proclaims Katrina to have been Divine Judgement upon the US for sin.

In fact, when one does examine the Biblical accounts of actual judgement, it is quite clear and quite drastic.

There were many accounts of people (Al Querda maybe) saying that Private? Katrina had joined the ranks and they were estatic of the "judgement" that aLLAH was doling out.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#10]
If Muslims say that Katrina was the wrath of God, they obviously didn't know building code enforcement is a big thing in Florida for a reason
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
which god?

I thought Buddha, Allah, and those Hindu cows teamed up on the Katrina and Rita volley so the Baptists and Methodists in LA convinced our christian god to shake them up a little bit. Sounds like a good cartoon series anyway, GOD WARS.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#12]
you people need to wake-up and see the truth, it's the NASA Earthquake, Tsunami and Hurriance Machine in space that is causing all this. It's controlled by the NSA
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
which god?

What is this "god" thing you're talking about?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
which god?

It's GW Bush.  He hates black people.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
which god?

It's GW Bush.  He hates black people.

He also hates people who wear white after Labor Day.  That's why he asked Halliburton to start up the earthquake machine.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
which god?

I'm pagan and if there is a god mentioned, it is easier to follow if I know his/her name.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My sister's church collectively prayed that the hurricanes would not hit Central Texas.
Now they are feeling guilty that they weren't specific enough in their prayers, and include a plea to stop the hurricanes from hitting any state.  I don't know if they understand about high and low pressure areas.

that is just f'd up mang

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
which god?

oy vey.
Allah is arabic for God.
The Arab Christians pray to "Allah"
The Arab Jews pray to "Allah"

It's the word for God in Arabic.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
which god?

I'm pagan and if there is a god mentioned, it is easier to follow if I know his/her name.

His name is Steve.  You must pray to Steve and send him $80k to avoid being the target of future weather catastropes.

IM incoming with routing number to send funds...

(for Steve)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What's this?

Bush's fault!!!!!!!!

What else could it be????????????    
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, and don't forget about the little Tsunami thing last year ...
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I don't know if they understand about high and low pressure areas.

If it ain't in the Bible, it ain't worth learnin!?!

I understand people's need for religion, and the power of prayer and all but if ya'll actually believe that prayer is diverting hurricanes, well.......
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Karl Rove has been working the Bechtel/Halliburton Earthquake Generator (tm) to divert attention from the administration's failure after Katrina, and draw interest away from his grand jury testimony.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
which god?

oy vey.
Allah is arabic for God.

OI VEY? OI VEY? What a crock!
First off According to your definition a hindu who prays to his "god" Krishna or whoever, if he does it in arabic then he is praying to "Allah" But is his "allah"(god) the same  as ours? clearly no. So then just because A Muslim prays to his "Allah" does'nt mean he is praying to the christian or Jewish God named YHVH. The four symbols transliterated from the Hebrew alphabet  sounding out the word "YAH-VEH." The Muslim prays to a moon god who demands animal sacrifices. He prays to a god who demands blood and submission. Just cause Muhammud stole some bible stories (got them all completely wrong BTW) then tucked them into his Quran does'nt mean it's the same god. He took some Jewish & Christian stories then melded them with Arabic paganism (Walking about the Kabaa etc.) then called it a religion. But in my book  (and all jews and christians) it's not the same "God" they are talking about it's a false god of the moon and pagan myth. Clear enough?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#25]
According to this "THE BIG GUY" must like us a lot...!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Allah is punishing Pakistan for helping the Great Satan persecute UBL and al-Qaeda.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Hmmm...I was under the impression that rain falls on both the wicked and the righteous.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to be righteous anyway.  The Lord might keep it from raining too hard.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
There were many accounts of people (Al Querda maybe) saying that Private? Katrina had joined the ranks and they were estatic of the "judgement" that aLLAH was doling out.

BigDozer66

Now that he has clarified what he meant, (it wasn't clear that he meant muslim extremists) I have to agree.

If the wrath of Allah at his worst can only kill 1,000 Americans, then the muslim extremist version of Allah is a big pussy.

I said it.

I aint ashamed of it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Them Moon religions are so screwed up..

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

What's this?

Allah prompting his followers to be less lienant with the infidels who have occupied his holy Kashmir?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Same thing as the Tsunami.

So, if Katrina was sent to punish us, wouldn't it hold true that the same 'God' (there is only one TRUE God, the Living God, and Allah sure isn't it) sent the Tsunami, the earthquake, etc which punished his OWN people FAR worse than Katrina did to us.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#33]
God had nothing to with it I'm sure, if so he missed  one hell of an opportunity for peace on earth.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's this?

All I know as we get closer and closer to The Day, more and more bad things will happen more and more often.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Allah akbar

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#36]
So why was most of the damage confined to Durka Burka Lurka Street?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah and I've heard some preachers here say the same thing.  Supposedly because we had something to do with Israel abandoning the gaza strip.

eta: Nice JTC tract.  That guy looks like Slim Pickens, honest to God.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that is just f'd up mang

My sister believes that if people have enough faith, they can stop hurricanes.
If your church had convinced you that all you gotta do to stop a hurricane is just believe hard enough, and then the hurricane still comes, what are you going to feel?  Hundreds of people died because you didn't have enough faith?
Completely ridiculous.  Churches like that disgust people who MIGHT be going to church if there was a right church.

You can always ask for Him to be merciful . . . but too many people forget that He has determined how things work around here and He won't alter things for your convenience.  Because of her faith that hurricane may have been diverted.  But it was going to hit somewhere . . . there comes a time to ask that you are given adversity because you can handle it . . . so that others might not have to face it.  Ask for His help in facing the coming trial.  But the trial must come . . . one way or another.  He won't change the laws he has made for nature on this world.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I guess the earthquake in Pakistan was the wrath of our God then
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#40]
If Katrina was God's judgement on the US and it killed a measly 1,000 folks . . .

What in the hell do they call the US Marines?

The Devil Dogs have been kicking their asses in large batches for quite a while now . . .

Along with the USAF, the Army , and the rest of the Navy.

It's amazing.  We kick their asses back into the Stone Age, beat the shit out of the largest army in the Middle East, punch through Baghdad like shit through a goose, kick the ass out of shitloads of their guys, bomb their cities into rubble, take over their countries, fuck their women, and general bitchslap them in every engagement . . . but the hurricane was God's wrath upon us.

Pretty shitty God if you ask my opinion.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#41]
What God wants, God gets, God help us all...Sorry, a little Amused to Death this evening...
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The last 2 (3 if you count Iran) major "acts of God" have devastated radical muslim populations.  Katrina killed less than a thousand, so I doubt you could call that "God's wrath".  If one were very religeous and believed in "Gods Wrath", I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to know what side he's on.

+1

Allah is a third rate moon god.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:14:34 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I guess the earthquake in Pakistan was the wrath of our God then

Indeed.

Tens of thousands died in that earthquake, plus the tsunami killed hundreds of thousands, plus other recent earthquakes in the region have killed tens of thousands....

So if the number of people killed in a natural disaster is an indicator of God's wrath, who is God really pissed off at?

As Eric Idle once said: "God gave us this land, and He also gave us these tanks and machine guns, so **** off!"

It is an utterly silly thing for the terrorist sympathizers to say, but when a person embraces evil and wants to become judge jury and executioner on anyone they don't like, it shouldn't be a suprise to us that they try to point to a darn hurricane as justification for their evil. Evil makes people really really stupid.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:27:55 AM EDT
[#44]
No, Mr. Muslim, a JDAM is the wrath of God.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:45:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
which god?

oy vey.
Allah is arabic for God.

First off According to your definition a hindu who prays to his "god" Krishna or whoever, if he does it in arabic then he is praying to "Allah" But is his "allah"(god) the same  as ours? clearly no. So then just because A Muslim prays to his "Allah" does'nt mean he is praying to the christian or Jewish God named YHVH. The four symbols transliterated from the Hebrew alphabet  sounding out the word "YAH-VEH." The Muslim prays to a moon god who demands animal sacrifices. He prays to a god who demands blood and submission. Just cause Muhammud stole some bible stories (got them all completely wrong BTW) then tucked them into his Quran does'nt mean it's the same god. He took some Jewish & Christian stories then melded them with Arabic paganism (Walking about the Kabaa etc.) then called it a religion. But in my book  (and all jews and christians) it's not the same "God" they are talking about it's a false god of the moon and pagan myth. Clear enough?

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:49:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that is just f'd up mang

My sister believes that if people have enough faith, they can stop hurricanes.
If your church had convinced you that all you gotta do to stop a hurricane is just believe hard enough, and then the hurricane still comes, what are you going to feel?  Hundreds of people died because you didn't have enough faith?
Completely ridiculous.  Churches like that disgust people who MIGHT be going to church if there was a right church.

So, you would be comfortable with a group of folks NOT praying for Texas to be spared from the ravages of a hurricane?

Just what sort of Texan are you, anyway?

I mean, besides an unbelieving one?

Eric The(Dumbfounded)Hun
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:11:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I for one am rather amazed that hurricane Rita didn't hit with the cat 5 -4 force that was originally expected.  I have a feeling that prayer may help.  (Or the russians and japanese didn't put enough energy into their hurricane manufacturing machine.)
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:06:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
No, ETH, you misunderstand.  It isn't the prayer I have a problem with; quite the opposite.
What I DO have a problem with is a bunch of people who are under the collective impression that wherever the hurricane hit is THEIR FAULT, and in the name of God, no less!  Do you control the weather?  I sure don't.   Are you under the impression that there is nothing you cannot do on your own, if you just have faith that you can?

There is solid Biblical teaching on prayer effecting world events, natural disasters, and individual lives.

Jesus Himself said that nothing is impossible to those that believe. He also said, however, that it rains on the just and the unjust.

The Bible teaches that men ought always to pray and not to faint, and that God answers those prayers, but it does not say that those prayers are always answered in the affirmative and that nothing can bad can happen to good people.

Texas got spared the worst of Rita because of a high pressure area sitting right over our heads.  Whether God put that high pressure area there is up for debate, I suppose,

It could be a natural thing, or it could have been ordained by God. Only the Divine Society knows. We are left to guess and have faith.

Why should any Christian take the responsibility upon themselves of trying to be God?

No Christian with any sound grounding in the Bible takes it upon themselves to "be God". They do, however, pray, fast, and seek His blessings and help in all sorts of situations. Earnest and passionate prayer has saved nations before and spared them from all sorts of horror.

In the War of 1812, for instance, as the Brittish marched from burning Washington DC, they were hit by a tremendous storm and tornadoes touched down right in the middle of Brittish troops, scattering them and demoralizing them.

What could have been the defeat of our nation was turned into victory.

Somebody was praying over that one.

That IS the other half of the story.  My sister is under the impression that the Bible commands her to be Christ, instead of interpreting the verse as a statement that she is Christ's.

First John chapter 2 commands that those who claim to know Christ ought to walk just as He walked. Christians are indeed called to be Christ to the world, meaning that we are to be as kind, giving, loving, forgiving, patient, and selfless as He is. That does not mean, however, that we can walk on water and calm storms.

You may interpret this as Christian bashing.  Sadly, sometimes the church does it to themselves, at times.

Christians are often easily misguided. False teachings and ideas masked in a Christian-like theme are pandemic these days. The folks that fall into these excesses, however, are not bad Christians or bad people, merely weak in their knowledge of scripture and proper doctrine.

If she is truly one of God's children, then God will lead her into a better understanding of these things, and will teach her that hurricanes don't happen because she didn't pray hard enough.

There are things that could be changed if people sought God more and with more passion, and there are very real consequences to them, but I don't believe the hurricane falls into that category. Jesus and the Apostles were on a boat in the middle of a gale, but God wasn't angry because Jesus was getting some much needed rest.

Sometimes stuff just happens.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
which god?

oy vey.
Allah is arabic for God.

Whoa. what a comeback. I don't know about all y'all but i think im gonna convert to Islame now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top