Posted: 5/19/2002 8:32:22 AM EDT
[b]10 Ways That Life Would Be Different If Microsoft Built Cars
10. New seats would require everyone be the same size.
9. We'd all have to switch to Microsoft Gas.
8. The U.S. Government would be getting subsidies from an automaker.
7. The oil, alternator, gas, and engine warning light would be replaced by a single "General Car Fault" warning light.
6. Sun Motor Car Systems would make a car that was solar-powered, twice as reliable, five times as fast, but would only run on 5% of the roads.
5. You would constantly be pressured to upgrade your car.
4. You could only have one person in your car at a time, unless you bought Car '95 or Car NT; but then, you'd have to buy more seats.
3. Occasionally, your car would just die for no reason, and you would have to restart it. For some strange reason, you would just accept this as normal.
2. Every time the lines on the road were repainted, you'd have to buy a new car.
1. People would get excited about the new features in Microsoft cars, forgetting completely that they had been available in other brands for years.
Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!
You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.