Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 3:09:20 PM EDT
I would not hesitate to blast away at
inbound vehicles like the two in the
past week here in metro Atl in the
past week.Shoot first,and be around to raise the kid's.(Johnny Cochran may have something else in mind.)
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Am I wrong?
View Quote

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I wrong?
View Quote

View Quote

ditto, post an article or sumfin.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If I were a cop I wouldn't write speeding citations for anything under 20 over.  Unless it was a heavy commercial vehicle.

Eddie
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah? Well if I was a cop...
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not a big fan of LEO's,all i'm sayin is if I were put in the position of shoot or be run over,nevermind.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah? Well if I was a cop...
View Quote

ROTFL!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I were a cop I'd write tickets for left lane violators... even if it is 2:00am and no one else is on the road. KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS GAWD DANGIT!!!!!

I would also grant private citizens the right to revoke the drivers license of anyone who is caught DWO - Driving While Old. I alsmost rear ended a woman in the Renton S-Curves on I-405 a week ago. I was actually doing the speed limit (I know, I know... hard to believe) and I came around the nearly blind corner and one of the "blue hairs" was doing 32mph in the left lane in a 1970's Plymouth on the Interstate. Talk about a danger on the freeway. People were having to swerve around her left and right. I hope a Trooper caught up to her.
View Quote

I feel your pain!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Well,It is true,a majority of the people here are Fucking Assholes!Many of you obviously canot reply to a serious thread without the true Dickhead coming out in you!Your wives must beat your asses on a regular basis,which explains your pussed out behavior!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#13]
ARADDICT....relax. Many of us are still trying to figure out what situation you are talking about. Can you please provide a link to this serious news article?
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well,It is true,a majority of the people here are Fucking Assholes!Many of you obviously canot reply to a serious thread without the true Dickhead coming out in you!Your wives must beat your asses on a regular basis,which explains your pussed out behavior!
View Quote
Whoa dude!  I think that some people didn't realize what you were talking about at first so they were just funnin' with ya.  Please don't take things quite so personal, it's gonna cause you an ulcer[8D].
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#16]
If I were a Cop....
Wait, I am.....since 84
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, in fact we had an ass-hole thread earlier. Is this the Moron thread??
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I am one of those old farts you are talking about,driving 60 mph down the interstate.   In the right hand lane(slow lane)  I'm going a mile a minute,the only way you are going to beat my time is if you go 120 mph,then you will get there twice as fast as me!

So I have this to say to you ,If I am in your way then BUTT-HOLE you need to leave a little earlier,as 60-70 mph is all I am going to drive!   JUst because your rocket-powered car will drive that fast,don't mean you can stop if shit happens.

And I have allways been kind enough to return those one fingered waves you give me!

Bob   [8D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ditto, post an article or sumfin.....
View Quote

[b]Yeah ! What are you talking about.

But to elaberate just on the topic header.
I would try to be a great example of what a cop is supposed to be.
I would start conversations with all ethnic groups and be friendly.
I would not give speeding tickets to people traveling 5 miles over the limit.
I would be sympothetic to people I encountered.
I would not walk around with my chest stuck out and my sleeves rolled
up showing my sting bean arms. (even though my arms are not string beans)

Even though I have not met some of the cops on this web site, most of them
seem pretty well rounded and level headed. Waverunner comes to mind as a pretty good
roll model for cops.

I guess most of all I would still try to be myself when I encounter people.
But I like what I do and I do not want to be a cop.
I know its a tough job with very little respect
from the community until they are needed.
And like it or not, we still need the law for a
free society to function.[/b]

Bulls#!t Legs, You'd be bustin caps![:D]

Oops! sorry, I forgot we were gettin all serious now![>:/]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#21]
[deadpan]Move along....citizen.[/deadpan]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would not hesitate to blast away at
inbound vehicles like the two in the
past week here in metro Atl in the
past week.Shoot first,and be around to raise the kid's.(Johnny Cochran may have something else in mind.)
View Quote

Thats why your [b]NOT[/b] a cop[;D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am one of those old farts you are talking about,driving 60 mph down the interstate.   In the right hand lane(slow lane)  I'm going a mile a minute,the only way you are going to beat my time is if you go 120 mph,then you will get there twice as fast as me!

So I have this to say to you ,If I am in your way then BUTT-HOLE you need to leave a little earlier,as 60-70 mph is all I am going to drive!   JUst because your rocket-powered car will drive that fast,don't mean you can stop if shit happens.

And I have allways been kind enough to return those one fingered waves you give me!

Bob   [8D]
View Quote
How is it that the only way to beat 60 MPH is 120?  How about 62, 70, 80?  They all beat 60.

If you read his post again, he was talking about those that just cruise along in the LEFT lane.  You said that you use the RIGHT lane, so you are not the problem.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I think bobby was referring to this:

Quoted:
I would also grant private citizens the right to revoke the drivers license of anyone who is caught DWO - Driving While Old. [...] I came around the nearly blind corner and one of the "blue hairs" was doing 32mph in the left lane in a 1970's Plymouth on the Interstate.
View Quote

Add DWY (Driving while Yapping) to the list... Cell phones are nice, but please SHUT UP AND DRIVE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top