Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 10:35:17 PM EDT
as is being discussed here:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=185486[/url]

And as a result the Democrats win and pass the version of the AW Ban THEY want (ie. no semi auto that can even accept high caps) then what are you gonna do?

Not vote for the Democrats in the next election?

Just so you know, Bush is considering the extention of the current law. I'm not in favor of it but it is a gunshow compared to what Dems want.

The version the Democrats want is:

1. No importation or manufacture of ANY semi automatic rifle that can accept a high capacity magazine. This means all rifles will take single stack only 5 or 10 round mags. This means the current POST BANs will become preban. We already have single stack AKs and the current HK rifles to serve as models.

2. The complete ban on importation of high capcity magazines regardless of date of manufacture. No more surplus high caps at ANY price.

3. The ban on importation of military surplus ammo.

Please take time to consider what we are "ultimately" up against before you vote.

I hated George Bush Sr. I thought "correctly" that he was a giant asshole. In 1992 I voted for Ross Perot because I couldn't stand George Bush. Two years later we had the 1994 AW Ban. Now to be fair George signed the 89' Import Ban and it is "posssible" he would have passed some version of the 94 AW Ban if he had been re elected.

With the Republicans it's a "maybe" issue. But with the Democrats it's a "you better believe it" issue.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
At least you know where the dems stand on gun control.  

The only reason I don't vote libertarian is because of their asinine foreign policy ideas.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
"And as a result the Democrats win and pass the version of the AW Ban THEY want (ie. no semi auto that can even accept high caps) then what are you gonna do?"
View Quote

Start shooting...and hop the fvck out of the water!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm with sherrick.  If the republicrats sell us out, which seems somewhat likely, then I'll try and force the hand of the rest of you guys.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]Bush already supports the ban on hi-cap mag imports.[/b] After he signs the AWB and you reward him with votes, the next GOP candidate will take it as a nod that gun control is what the republicans and promise that #1 and #3 become law.

Woo hoo!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually your scenario is much too rosy!!

I believe Senator Feinstein said that if she could have gotten the votes in 1993, she simply would have gone for a total abolition of firearms, not just the AWB.

If the Democrats regain both the presidency and congress in the next election, this entire country will almost immediately become much worse than California.  The AWB would pale to total insignificance.

At the same time, of course, a lot of gun owners would be thinking to themselves how they taught the Republicans a lesson by not voting for them!!

Sort of like the liberals who voted for Ralph Nader to teach the Democrats a lesson!!  Look how happy they are right now!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Panzerwolf, don't start shooting, that just plays into the hands of the anti-gunners.

Buy a K-BAR or the combat knife of your choice.  And its so much more satisfying!
View Quote

Oh, my fellow law school graduate.  I have worked in politics since I matriculated...

Nothing will change unless.

1.  Coercion is implemented: The Supreme Court nullifies GCA' 34, 68, 86, 91, and 94"

or

2.  Force is implemented.

Apparently you have an affinity for the liberal law school profs (just about all of them, except the one who turned me on to Heinlein).

If so please paint the IDPA scoring scheme on your front and back.

I'm used to being down zero!

Don't forget the Jerkins..and I already own a Kbar...one that was dropped on Dday and hiked to the Rhine.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I am tired of the Republicans telling us, well, if you don't vote for us, you have nowhere else to go.

The pass the AWB, Bush will be out, just like his Dad, and there will be widespread disregard of the renewed AWB.  People just aren't going to take this crap anymore.  10 years is 10 too long.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would rather the populace be the frog that jumps out of the suddenly hot water than the frog that slowly dies due to the water being warmed very slowly.  
View Quote

No matter what, it will never happen. You will be the next Tim McVeigh to the nation.

Here is your future guys:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=146747&w=searchPop[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top