Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 1:29:10 AM EDT
http://www.katc.com/story/29933282/fundraising-account-set-up-for-brothers-who-died-in-accidental-shooting

This happened about thirty miles north of my house.  I can't imagine being so stupid with guns.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:31:40 AM EDT
dumbasses.. i have no sympathy whatsoever for them
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:34:13 AM EDT
Literally unimaginable stupidity. I can't fathom the thought process it would take to point a real firearm at my brother and pull the trigger as a joke. Even before I got into guns I would have never done this. I always innately respected guns. Some people think they're toys if they're empty.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:34:32 AM EDT
In this world, the stupid never stops.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:38:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tcrpe:
In this world, the stupid never stops.
View Quote

Much like entropy,  it only increases.

Welcome to Costco,  I love you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:41:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Andrew_Henry:
Literally unimaginable stupidity. I can't fathom the thought process it would take to point a real firearm at my brother and pull the trigger as a joke. Even before I got into guns I would have never done this. I always innately respected guns. Some people think they're toys if they're empty.
View Quote

Shit, I won't even point one at my cat or snake when I'm dry firing on the couch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:54:50 AM EDT
Needs more warning stickers.

I literally flinched the other day when I had half of an ar15 I was building when the dog walked in front of me and was flagged. Some people are too stupid to get past Darwin.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:13:37 AM EDT
Soo sad
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:30:01 AM EDT
I can't say that I would ever point my firearms at anything I didn't intend to destroy, but, if I had made the mistake of somehow killing my brother, I would likely off myself too. I would never be able to live with that.

On a side note, that was incredibly stupid of them to be doing.

Not sure if I am going to get my pee pee slapped for this, but I was just reading another topic in which a black kid shot himself in the throat. After reading that, I almost chuckled at the comments about Darwin and such. I didn't feel any remorse or sadness for the moron who shot himself. But in this case, I find myself empathising with them, and I feel sad for them, even if they were being remarkably stupid.

Does it make me fucked for feeling this way, or observing this?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:30:12 AM EDT
Damn that wasn't very smart
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:31:15 AM EDT
Sad indeed.
There is evidence that Darwin only be presented to only one of the brothers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:20:17 AM EDT
Did I kill this thread?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:26:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ARBarsh:

Shit, I won't even point one at my cat or snake when I'm dry firing on the couch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARBarsh:

I catch myself indexing my finger on spray bottles and target staplers

My range has drills every week. One week they brought out a couple of laser training pistols, and half the students were immediately flagging each other with them

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:33:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:46:21 AM EDT
Suicide pact?

Or just scathing stupidity...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:46:27 AM EDT
View Quote

I don't even point toy guns at people anymore.  No real problems with "cowboys and indians", "playing Army", or "cops and robbers" for kids, but years and years of handling real firearms has given me an automatic, subconscious internal alarm that triggers whenever anything that even looks like mishandling a weapon crosses my path.  I bet I'm not the only one that notes trigger discipline, uncleared weapons and other safety faux pas in TV shows and movies... can't help it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:25:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Tango7:
Sad. Very preventable.

Wonder if any ETOH was involved.
View Quote

Local news won't say but I'd bet it's a good possibility.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:04:27 PM EDT

Tragedy borne out of stupidity, what a sad, terrible waste.

Top Top