Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 6:32:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2005 6:38:41 PM EDT by mayday]
Article here

NOTE: CLICK ON THE YELLOW BAR AT THE END OF THE ARTICLE AND POST A COMMENT FOR THE YOUNG LAD                          

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Debate over gun control triggered by dorm incident

by Kyle Hardwick
October 11, 2005
So it now appears that students living in the dorms will have to wear their bulletproof vests in order to prevent any life threatening injuries from random gunfire. I would like to pose this one question: How paranoid do you have to get before you start packing heat in student housing?

Sacramento State student Patrick Smith was arrested recently on charges of possessing a firearm on campus and negligent discharge of a firearm. This arrest followed an incident that left a bullet in a wall on the second floor of Sierra Hall. No students were injured.

Smith allegedly fled the scene after the incident, which took place last Friday, but turned himself in the following day with the assistance of an attorney.

The idiotic nature of this particular incident affords us the opportunity of having a larger, national, dare I say, relevant discussion about the issue of firearms in this country.

The National Crime Victimization Survey of 2003 found that 449,150 victims of violent crimes said that they faced an offender with a firearm. The FBI estimated that in that same year that 67 percent of the 16,503 murders that took place in the United States were committed with firearms.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, evidence is mixed about the effectiveness of gun bans. Or in the spirit of the right-winger ideological mantra: “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.”

But the Department of Justice noted that the 1994-96 federal assault weapons ban may have contributed to the reduction in the gun murder rate and the murders of police officers. The Justice Department explained that this apparent decline was due in large part to the fact that the ban limited criminal use of assault weapons.

These statistics lead me inevitably to the memory of an incident, conjured up by a reference made to it on a Justice Department website, of a local shooting that took place in 1989, very near where I grew up. I remember a man standing on top of an elementary school building, shooting a rifle at the children and teachers on the playground below. I cannot recall whether I saw these images on the news or imagined them after the fact, but the impressions of the incident were ingrained in my mind.

The incident, which took place at a Stockton Elementary School, ended with five children dead and nearly 30 others injured. The shooter, Patrick Edward Purdy, had fired off 100 rounds in under a minute before turning the weapon on himself.

Now I know the incident in Sierra Hall was no where near this serious, but I still can’t help the fact that when I hear about these incidents I find myself reacting to them with a great deal of frustration.

I find myself attempting to swallow the disgust that inevitably accompanies them. It is these incidents that make me wary of those individuals who take the goodwill of others for granted, who approach the benign communities they subsist in with dangerous contempt by undermining the safety of others.

I am not attempting to advocate any particular political position regarding the issue of firearms. I am however advocating the swift punishment and removal of any individual responsible for willfully endangering the lives of others.

This is a column of outrage.

Sac State should throw whoever is responsible for last week’s incident out of the J Street entrance, head first.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:39:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2005 6:39:35 PM EDT by rcoers]
He is for sure an idiot...
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:42:22 PM EDT
The ban was from '94-96.  Wow, I mistakenly waited all these years...

Relax, the kid was doing as all kids do now days, cutting and pasting data from the internet.

I'm glad I went to college pre internet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:44:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rcoers:
He is for sure an idiot...

Which one? The guy who wrote it or the guy who had the ND in the dorm.

I say, in the ARFCOM tradition...both.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:44:30 PM EDT
I'm outraged, I think they should ban assault weiners to prevent rape and child molestation!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:48:45 PM EDT
I think they should ban Liberal Arts...
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:52:51 PM EDT
what an asshat
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:55:44 PM EDT
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:59:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2005 7:00:27 PM EDT by Tromatic]
Sac State should throw whoever is responsible for last week’s incident out of the J Street entrance, head first.

I say that head-first person-tossing should be banned.  You could kill someone doing that.  Imagine, a peace-loving liberal advocating something violent.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:01:56 PM EDT
Poor little feller, cries into his pillow every night.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:17:30 PM EDT
I sent him an invitation to click onto a "You are a idiot" link.

I hope he does.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:17:41 PM EDT
feedback sent...(to a mod apparently...and my kidsloveguns.com email addy wouldn't work...)
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:18:57 PM EDT
So, an ND (stupid at that is) is comparable to Patrick Purdy shooting up a schoolground?

It is these kinds of absurd exaggerations that really get to me about the hoplophobes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:27:22 PM EDT
I think that extreme left wingers trying to make it look like they are not biased, all while writing brief, unsupported, speculating and idiotic expository pieces on why guns are evil, should be banned.
(they should also have a lesson in logic and philosophy)
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:40:39 PM EDT
he wouldn't have liked what was under the bed in my dormroom all last week
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:42:22 PM EDT
How many kids have died from alcamahol vs gsw?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:49:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Poor little feller, cries into bites his pillow every night.

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:57:20 PM EDT
Wow, I guess I need to go to Kalifornia and become of them enlightened little ass munch bitches and write article about things that scare me, too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:01:36 PM EDT
My comment,  with the email address Glock22shooter80@yahoo.com shown

If your going to write an article such as this, your intent is obviously to (mis) inform people of your ideals.  As I read it, it occured to me that if you cannot even get simple dates right of federal laws, then the rest of your research is obviously "off" also.  Here are some simple facts that can be backed up.  In states that allow concealed carry of firearms by law abiding citizens, crime drops.  In states where gun control is constantly changed to make it tighter and tighter, such as California, and New York, crime goes up.  California has some of, if not THE most strict gun control in the country.  And LA is one of the most dangerous cities in the country.  In DC there are no firearms allowed at all.  One of the most dangerous cities in the country.  Obviously the liberal media is good at getting common citizens to overlook these facts.  Having ideals is one thing.  Not having the common sense to open your eyes and see an outright truth is what is wrong with this country.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:06:32 PM EDT
I got a kick out of this feedback...

"If Patrick Smith is responsible for firing the gun in the dorms last week the University needs to throw his ass onto the street and get him out of here ASAP.  A college campus is no place to exercise your 5th Amendment rights."

Not a typo, he said FIFTH amendment rights...  

These morons are the future leaders of our country...

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:01:06 AM EDT
I got one published!  Looks like a few ARFCom others, too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:07:52 AM EDT
He's bitching about a federal law being repealed and insinuating that that repeal set the stage for this ND, but "assault weapons" are still banned in CA.  Future leader right there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:09:48 AM EDT
I saw that yesterday and was going to post it, but didn't.   Comparing a single ND to Stockton is pure asshattery
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:10:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mayday:
Article here

NOTE: CLICK ON THE YELLOW BAR AT THE END OF THE ARTICLE AND POST A COMMENT FOR THE YOUNG LAD                          

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Kyle Hardwick
October 11, 2005
So it now appears that students living in the dorms will have to wear their bulletproof vests in order to prevent any life threatening injuries from random gunfire. I would like to pose this one question: How paranoid do you have to get before you start packing heat in student housing?

Sacramento State student Patrick Smith was arrested recently on charges of possessing a firearm on campus and negligent discharge of a firearm. This arrest followed an incident that left a bullet in a wall on the second floor of Sierra Hall. No students were injured.

Smith allegedly fled the scene after the incident, which took place last Friday, but turned himself in the following day with the assistance of an attorney.

The idiotic nature of this particular incident affords us the opportunity of having a larger, national, dare I say, relevant discussion about the issue of firearms in this country.

The National Crime Victimization Survey of 2003 found that 449,150 victims of violent crimes said that they faced an offender with a firearm. The FBI estimated that in that same year that 67 percent of the 16,503 murders that took place in the United States were committed with firearms.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, evidence is mixed about the effectiveness of gun bans. Or in the spirit of the right-winger ideological mantra: “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.”

But the Department of Justice noted that the 1994-96 federal assault weapons ban may have contributed to the reduction in the gun murder rate and the murders of police officers. The Justice Department explained that this apparent decline was due in large part to the fact that the ban limited criminal use of assault weapons.

These statistics lead me inevitably to the memory of an incident, conjured up by a reference made to it on a Justice Department website, of a local shooting that took place in 1989, very near where I grew up. I remember a man standing on top of an elementary school building, shooting a rifle at the children and teachers on the playground below. I cannot recall whether I saw these images on the news or imagined them after the fact, but the impressions of the incident were ingrained in my mind.

The incident, which took place at a Stockton Elementary School, ended with five children dead and nearly 30 others injured. The shooter, Patrick Edward Purdy, had fired off 100 rounds in under a minute before turning the weapon on himself.

Now I know the incident in Sierra Hall was no where near this serious, but I still can’t help the fact that when I hear about these incidents I find myself reacting to them with a great deal of frustration.

I find myself attempting to swallow the disgust that inevitably accompanies them. It is these incidents that make me wary of those individuals who take the goodwill of others for granted, who approach the benign communities they subsist in with dangerous contempt by undermining the safety of others.

I am not attempting to advocate any particular political position regarding the issue of firearms. I am however advocating the swift punishment and removal of any individual responsible for willfully endangering the lives of others.

This is a column of outrage.

Lmao
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:14:38 AM EDT
I sincerely doubt that they will post mine:

" I grow tired of these whiners constantly calling for further restrictions on freedom. They let their own fear and illusions of immortality control their minds, evacuating all space for logic.

There's no debating this anymore, it is a nearly pointless adventure. The proposition and request I have for individuals like Kyle Hardwick is that when or if they are successful in their dissolution of our 2nd amendment that they THEMSELVES come to my house to confiscate my private property. However, I suspect that in their normally fearful and pathetic life patterns, they'll send others to do their dirty work for them.

Kudos."
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:29:03 AM EDT
ya I posted too, doubt they will allow 10000000000 posts that go against what he says...
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:36:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/13/2005 7:37:30 AM EDT by pathfinder74]

Originally Posted By DriftPunch:
The ban was from '94-96.  Wow, I mistakenly waited all these years...

Just further backs up my believe that the only people qualified to rationally discuss anything firearms related are those who are in support of them. Everyone else has neither the inclination or capacity to learn enough about the subject to provide a worthwhile argument against them.

If you don't know enough about the subject keep your f'ing yap closed.

As for the toolbag that shot off in the dorm... he deserves everything he gets and more.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:36:11 AM EDT
Most of the feedback appears to be admonishing.  Good job, folks!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:39:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/13/2005 7:40:54 AM EDT by motown_steve]
Here is one of the comments that was on this "article':

'Incredibly stupid idiot' is the first and only thing that comes to my mind when I think about this incredulous incident. If Patrick Smith is responsible for firing the gun in the dorms last week the University needs to throw his ass onto the street and get him out of here ASAP. A college campus is no place to exercise your 5th Amendment rights.

PS The news story on this incident could have dug a little deeper and given some background info. Who is Patrick Smith anyway?
Art Ballard
artballard@prodigy.net
Sac State Student

Oh wait...he's the future of this nation.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:29:50 AM EDT

Article here

by Kyle Hardwick
October 11, 2005

Snip

Snip

This is total and complete BULLSHIT.  Unless uber-sissy can PROVE it ( and there is no way he can prove it because it isn't true and it wasn't part of any DOJ report I have seen ).  Notice how leftist liars use the words "may have contributed.." or similar phrases -- this is a sure sign of LYING.  I hate lying assholes like this guy.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 12:23:34 PM EDT
In the spirit of Sac State students, along with guns, the following need to be banned immediately.
Cars
Thursday, July 17, 2003 Posted: 11:30 PM EDT (0330 GMT)

• Santa Monica Farmers' Market  

SANTA MONICA, California (CNN) -- A 7-month-old boy died Thursday of injuries suffered Wednesday when an 86-year-old man drove his car through a crowded farmers' market in Santa Monica, California.

The boy was the 10th fatality. More than 50 people were injured when Russell Weller drove his car through the pedestrians-only, three-block stretch crowded with shoppers, police said. Weller may face manslaughter charges, police said Thursday.
www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/07/17/farmers.market.crash/

Gasoline
The victims of this Firebombing were: Leigh Anne Carter (who died first in the store that night as a direct result of Billy Ferry's acts of Murder against her and the four customers in her line), Misty McCullough, Melody Darlington (cousins), Jennifer and Marty Vance (daughter and mother). Please see above at the recently obtained picture of each precious person who lost their lives because of Ferry's Deliberate Acts.

The events that occurred are that on a 4th of July weekend in 1983, a loner named Billy Ferry walked into a grocery store in Clair Mel City and deliberately, without remorse threw in 5 gallons of gasoline using an open bucket and then lit the fuel with a 'Flick the Bic' cigarette lighter. My sister received 4 of those 5 gallons confirming that he premediated his acts against her. He had made a threat to a cashier a week before he committed these acts and told her that "You'd better not be in here next week because I'm going to firebomb this store". She reported this to the manager, Mr. Rick Vetzel, who had been seeing Ferry each week coming into the store loittering. My sister worked at another store in Brandon, FL and was asked the holiday to work across town at this store in Clair Mel City. He saw her from the back and assumed she was the same cashier he warned and threw the gas directly on her. She died instantly from the explosion that followed.
ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/firebombing/

Bodies of Water
It was a crime that devastated a small South Carolina town and horrified a nation. Susan Smith had confessed to doing the unthinkable, killing her two young sons by strapping them in their car seats and rolling the car into the John D. Long Lake.
www.cnn.com/EVENTS/year_in_review/us/smith.html

Ball Bats

The man accused of killing his mother, stepfather and brother in Mira Mesa on Sunday morning left a note for his ill wife saying he was sorry for what he was about to do, a prosecutor told a judge yesterday.

What followed were brutal attacks on his dog, his relatives and their dog, according to admissions that police say Brown made after his arrest.

During yesterday's hearing in San Diego Superior Court, Michael Monroe Brown, 48, pleaded not guilty to three counts of murder and other charges.

Brown beat his dog, a Doberman pinscher, with an aluminum bat at his home in the Grantville/Allied Gardens area before driving to Mira Mesa, where he was met at the door of his parents' house by his stepfather, the prosecutor said.
www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050324/news_7m24brown.html

[Drum Roll]and last but not least [/Drum Roll]
Dildoes
In 1968, the actor Ramon Novarro was murdered by male hustlers in his Laurel Canyon home. Kenneth Anger's famously tawdry Hollywood Babylon alleges that Novarro's assailants made use of an unusual murder weapon: an Art Deco dildo presented to Novarro years before by Rudolph Valentino.
www.anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=15996

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 12:34:28 PM EDT
I wrote a reply and I think he is going to print my reply.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 12:55:12 PM EDT

Article here

by Kyle Hardwick
October 11, 2005

I am however advocating the swift punishment and removal of any individual responsible for willfully endangering the lives of others.

I cannot disagree with these two sections.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 1:36:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TomHighway:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

i won't let it happen.
Top Top