Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2004 4:31:13 PM EST
I had an idea for a television show recently... in the vein of Good Eats, except... broader.

Sort of an instructional show aimed at young, single men, how to do various things to live comfortably.

Basically, each episode has a theme... audio, home theater, shooting, cars, clothing... things that every man should know, but relatively few seem to.

For example, a home audio episode would be: discuss the different types of audio systems (portable, boombox, single-unit stereo, component) and the uses of each. How to pick out certain types of systems, how to decide what type of system to get and what components based on needs. Finally, how to set it up to get the best sound.

The shooting episode would cover types of firearms (rifle, pistol, shotgun), what to get for the beginner, how to clean a gun, the basics of shooting, firearms safety, and a look at gun control laws. To end, a segment on NFA weapons and how to legally acquire them.

Do you think it would work? Bomb? Ideas?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:32:09 PM EST
Arfcom eye for the nerd guy?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:35:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By Malpaso:

Wouldn't that involve outfitting people in tactical gear and refinishing their home with guns and safes? Oh, and teaching them how to get PIE?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:39:05 AM EST
While it would be interesting, I honestly dont know how well it would hold peoples interest. Mostly due to them thinking this product/way is better.
Most younger people I know would rather see something already done, audio, TV, etc then want to go right out and get it like that and not do much themselves.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:39:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:

Originally Posted By Malpaso:

Wouldn't that involve outfitting people in tactical gear and refinishing their home with guns and safes? Oh, and teaching them how to get PIE?

Id sign up for that, never can be too tactical
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:47:37 AM EST
What would you title it? The before mentioned Arfcom eye for the nerd guy?
The Manly Show? Unmarried; without children?
Top Top