Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 2:53:52 AM EDT
Idaho: Washington Recognizes Reciprocity with Idaho’s Enhanced Concealed Carry License

Last week, Washington state announced that it would now recognize reciprocity with Idaho’s enhanced concealed carry weapons (CCW) license.  This reciprocity agreement marks a major milestone for Idaho enhanced CCW license holders.  With the addition of Washington, thirty states now honor Idaho CCW or enhanced CCW licenses.

Please remember that carry license holders must comply with the laws in every state they are traveling.  Please note several states recognize Idaho concealed carry licenses in addition to those listed at the above link; however, those states do not have an official agreement with Idaho at this time.

Read more at: NRA-ILA
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:51:54 AM EDT
For the ignorant, just what does "enhanced" mean, and what does it get you?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:00:39 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Him:
For the ignorant, just what does "enhanced" mean, and what does it get you?
View Quote

this and does this mean WA will now honor my AK license??
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:29:49 AM EDT
Let's see if these links help at all.....

Idaho AG


Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:56:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2014 1:59:47 PM EDT by Him]
I read both of those before I asked the question.

Please explain, in words of one syllable, just how the "enhanced" CCW differs, and what, if any, additional benefits it conveys.

Sorry to be so dense, but I have not seen an explanation. Either that or I am too dumb to grasp it, or I missed it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:50:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2014 2:57:41 AM EDT by Modern-Musket]
I would go to the authority directly to make sure the definition is accurate.  Try reaching out directly to the source:

Contact Our Office
If you have general inquiries, please send the Attorney General a message by clicking HERE

If you prefer to send written questions or comments to the Office of the Attorney General, please write to:

State of Idaho
Office of the Attorney General
700 W. Jefferson Street, Suite 210
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0010
Phone (208) 334-2400
Fax (208) 854-8071

This may help as well:

In order to obtain an “enhanced” concealed carry license under 18-3302K, applicants must: (1) be 21 years of age or older; (2) be a legal resident of Idaho for at least six consecutive months; (3) provide fingerprints and submit to a state and federal criminal and mental health background check; (4) complete a qualifying handgun course, including instruction on safe and responsible use of handguns, instruction on Idaho firearms law from a licensed member of the Idaho Bar, and live fire training of at least 98 rounds; and (5) not be prohibited by either federal or state law from possessing a firearm.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:47:49 PM EDT
Everything but a definition ... I give up, it was only of academic interest, anyway.
Top Top