Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 8:30:12 AM EDT
For those who have, is it just me, or is there a little something unusual about the two rhinocerus in the movie?

My wife and I agree that their behavior is a little too "friendly" for being a couple of male rhinos.

I'm only bringing this up because my eight year old noticed this.

Anybody?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#1]
My girlfriend and I had the same feeling about them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#2]
i enjoyed the movie, a cute bit of lightweight fluff. it's just a cartoon about trust and courage and teamwork. it didnt occur to me to look for gay rhinos.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Recently took the GF, and we both expected it to be funny.  Something was missing, the funny stuff.  Sure there was some, but I find better humor in a Simpons episode than this.

Then there were zero sponsers, like McDonalds, who would promote the movie on food items.  Almost like the corps didn't like it either.

The Rino thing I missed, but now when I think back to the mud jacuzzi...
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#4]
You're absolutely right, Chaingun.  The movie wasn't all that funny.  The only character and scenes my wife and I enjoyed were the bits with the neurotic squirrel that kept trying to bury his acorn.

As far as looking for gay rhinos is concerned, it didn't occur to me to look for anything of this nature either.  My son brought it up this morning, a full four days [i]after[/i] we saw the movie.  Something (an image perhaps?) was planted in his subconscious and allowed to fester enough to raise a natural curiosity.  Humans have the innate ability to do this.

What separates us from mindless sheep or cows is the ability to reason and think.

I don't need some movie company executive dictating what he/she/it feels is appropriate subject matter to expose children to.  [b]Especially my child.[/b]

In my household, homosexuality is not considered an acceptable, alternative lifestyle, and I do not appreciate any individual imposing their beliefs on me or mine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Big Bear,

We saw it Sunday also.  Neither my wife nor I noticed anything either.

Before school this morning my son asked if all boy rhinos like each other the way the two in the movie did.

My son has a strong natural inclination to find girls cute and desirable over boys. There's a girl in his class who has a crush on him and his actions prove that it's reciprocal.  When he was five he was fascinated by Mariah Carey.

Why did he ask a question of the nature that he did if not inspired by some image he was exposed to?

There was no blatant "Look at me, I'm gay and you must accept me" message in the movie that I noticed.  I do, however, believe that it's possible to hoodwink the masses into accepting a mindset if it is presented in a subtle and palatable form so as not to upset everyone.

Cigarette companies have done it for years.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard that the meerkat and warthog in The Lion King are queer.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I will go see it...

...to catch the Episode II trailer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top