Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/3/2003 4:31:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
... your "request" is a bit vague [b]DoubleFeed[/b], but my guess would be some of the green bodypaint you buy at the Halloween store. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Also remember to constantly scowl for effect.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:41:02 AM EDT
[#3]
It better be a looooong vacation...pretty tough to bulk up in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:42:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:43:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Do a pushup every day.

And we need before and after pics
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Meat & potatos, along with regular exercise.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Deca, Test, Andro, etc.....
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#8]
One of those fake muscle suits is all you could hope for in 2 months.. :)
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:15:03 AM EDT
[#10]
If you are of the ectomorphic or ecto-mesomorphic body type, bulking up to anything remotely resembling the extent you describe  will most likely be impossible unless you eat like crazy, utilize progressive resistance weight training to failure but not overtrain (easier said than done), allow longer than average recovery periods, and take the juice.

It's not gonna happen in two months and after you stop the roids you'll backslide in size.

Be thankful that you have the body type that will continue to look fit as you age. Eat healthy and work out sensibly.

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:58:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the steroids are being discussed in jest, and I think DoubleFeed is smarter than that, but stay away from steroids.

I used them 12-13 yrs ago in college and have nothing to show for it now.  Yeah, I got bigger.  I was taking 2-3 different ones at a time for 6-8 week cycles.  My blood pressure went to 220/190 at rest.  I woke up with headaches every morning.  I ejaculated blood once.  My hair started falling out in handfuls.  But, I was big and strong.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think the steroids are being discussed in jest, and I think DoubleFeed is smarter than that, but stay away from steroids.

I used them 12-13 yrs ago in college and have nothing to show for it now.  Yeah, I got bigger.  I was taking 2-3 different ones at a time for 6-8 week cycles.  My blood pressure went to 220/190 at rest.  I woke up with headaches every morning.  I ejaculated blood once.  My hair started falling out in handfuls.  But, I was big and strong.
View Quote

Well said.

Be assured the steroid "recommendation" was said in a benign sarcastic tone.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Roger that: no steroids.
View Quote

Unless you're into bitch tits, small balls, acne and anger management issues, stay away from steroids.

TT [wave]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Deca, Test, Andro, etc.....
View Quote

That's what I was thinking as well.

Edited to say that I was only joking as well.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#16]
peanut butter and chocholate milk shakes!

TXL
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless you're into bitch tits, small balls, acne and anger management issues, stay away from steroids.

TT [wave]
View Quote

Smaller balls maybe, but your MEMBER grows.... permanently!  [<]:)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#18]

You would be better off to hit the gym and eat alot. I am talking 4 meals a day. I usually drink three to four shakes a day on top of my meals. I like Muscle Milk, the stuff taste great. I went from 155lbs to 175 in about 3 months just on eating right and working out. All of my gains have been lean. I am trying to hit 190 by October.

I don't juice but if I did I could be atleast 200 by October.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#19]
protein shakes and creatine
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

TT [wave]
View Quote

LOL! Sounds like a blanket, DU explaination of anabolics. I take it you have vast knowledge of these compounds?[rolleyes]

(I'm not advocating using steroids...merely countering the ignorance that surrounds them.)
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

TT [wave]
View Quote

LOL! Sounds like a blanket, DU explaination of anabolics. I take it you have vast knowledge of these compounds?[rolleyes]
View Quote

Several members, including myself, have posted that anabolic steroid are to be avoided. It is common knowledge among physicians, gym rats, and pretty much the literate population in general that anabolic steroids cause numerous, well documanted deleterious side effects which outweigh their performance enhancing benefits unless you fall into the category of a pro athlete, who stands to make millions, or some poor bastard with a short man's complex who will do anything to attempt to compensate.

Christ, read a book by lifter and roid guru, Mauro diPasquale if you want to deny fact.

WTF does the DU have to do with anything?

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm sorry, I assumed you could read.

My point was there is no need for the blanket "OMG, your nuts will fall off and you'll rage" stupid statements from people who obviously have no clue what they are talking about.

I equate stupidity like that to the blanket "OMG, that's an assault rifle" statements of the DU.

Follow the logic or did I move to fast?

I ALSO SAID I WAS NOT ADVOCATING HE USES THEM.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#24]
BRAHAHAHAHAH!!
There was a case of that in Barvaria....
(j/k)
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#25]
If you have only two months in which to start with a normal build and build up an impressive set of muscles,  you have only one option that will achieve that goal:

Horse steroids.

And you don't want to do that, and you know that.

But, two months is plenty of time to firm up your muscles and put on a noticeable amount of muscle mass.  (Noticeable.  Not a lot.)

But you're going to have to work for it!

Here's the program that got decent results for me:

Lift weights Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, every week.   If you don't have a weight set, go to the gym.  Presumably you want to build up your arms and upper body, so the basic exercises you want to start with are the bench press, curls, tricep extensions,  flys, (for the pectorals), and situps or crunches.   There are many more exercises, of course.    If the gym has a full Nautilus circuit,  do the whole circuit as directed.  Then it's easy to get a really good workout.

Go running (NOT jogging, RUNNING) on Tuesday, Thursday, and your choice of Saturday or Sunday. (Run 3 days a week, always giving one or two days of rest before doing it again.))

Swim and do all the laps you can, EVERY day.
If you don't have access to a pool,  jump on your bicycle and maintain a measured but brisk pace for as long as you can stand it.

Focus your diet on protein to build muscle and carbohydrates to fuel your exertions.

Don't overdo it.

CJ
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

TT [wave]
View Quote

View Quote

While I have no personal experience, most physicians have knowledge of the adverse effects of steroids.

(I'm not advocating using steroids...merely countering the ignorance that surrounds them.)
View Quote

One generally counters an argument by presenting an opposing argument.

You have not presented any argument that would dispell my statement of well documented and accepted facts.

TT

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#27]
As you stated, you have NO PERSONAL EXPIRIENCE.

As far as the medical community, they also denied that AS had any performance enhancing or muscle growing properties until a few years ago.
I'm not saying there is not a trade off or side effects. It's just that the image of the bloated gym rat marching thru a grocery store killing people to get to the steaks is grossly hyped out of proportion.

My opposing arguement would be that you don't seem to know what you are talking about when you make a blanket statement about the evils of something you have no first hand knowledge about.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
As you stated, you have NO PERSONAL EXPIRIENCE.

As far as the medical community, they also denied that AS had any performance enhancing or muscle growing properties until a few years ago.
I'm not saying there is not a trade off or side effects. It's just that the image of the bloated gym rat marching thru a grocery store killing people to get to the steaks is grossly hyped out of proportion.

My opposing arguement would be that you don't seem to know what you are talking about when you make a blanket statement about the evils of something you have no first hand knowledge about.
View Quote

Is it fair to state that based on your post unless one has personal experience then one cannot know anything about a particular subject?

I can't find the post that I stated someone who took steroids would turn into a "bloated gym rat marching thru a grocery store killing people to get to the steaks."

I did however state that gynecomastia, testicular atrophy, acne and lability of mood can result in men. I have never been stupid enough to want to personally experience the side effects in women.

As a reference, I'll post the following from Harrison's:

[i]The forms of substance abuse change continuously. Anabolic steroids, for example, are now used by 3 to 5% of male high school seniors, with a 10% prevalence rate among male adolescent athletes. In addition to their use by athletes in an effort to increase muscle strength, nonathletes use anabolic steroids with a goal of achieving a more virile appearance. In contrast to popular views, anabolic steroids do not appear to enhance performance except at very high doses, which are associated with significant side effects .

The major side effects from abusing anabolic steroids can include liver tumors and cancer, jaundice, fluid retention, high blood pressure, increases in LDL, and decreases in HDL. Other side effects include kidney tumors, severe acne, and trembling.

In addition, there are some gender-specific side effects:
For men--shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer.

For women--growth of facial hair, male-pattern baldness, changes in or cessation of the menstrual cycle, enlargement of the clitoris, deepened voice.

For adolescents--growth halted prematurely through premature skeletal maturation and accelerated puberty changes. This means that adolescents risk remaining short the remainder of their lives if they take anabolic steroids before the typical adolescent growth spurt.

In addition, people who inject anabolic steroids run the added risk of contracting or transmitting HIV/AIDS or hepatitis, which causes serious damage to the liver. Research also shows that aggression and other psychiatric side effects may result from abuse of anabolic steroids. Many users report feeling good about themselves while on anabolic steroids, but researchers report that extreme mood swings also can occur, including manic-like symptoms leading to violence. Depression often is seen when the drugs are stopped and may contribute to dependence on anabolic steroids. Researchers report also that users may suffer from paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility.[/i]

TT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#30]
"I can't find the post that I stated someone who took steroids would turn into a "bloated gym rat marching thru a grocery store killing people to get to the steaks.""

[b]No...you said this instead:[/b]

"Unless you're into bitch tits, small balls, acne and anger management issues, stay away from steroids."

[b]Which was my point that you are making a generalized statement based on public and medical PERCEPTIONS of someone who uses AS. The vast majority of people that use steroids do not have the stereotypical side effects you mention. Since you have no personal expirience and limited knowledge on the subject, you wouldn't know this.[/b]

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Use in a correct manner, you will probably see limited testicular atrophy due to higher testosterone levels via injections.

See professional help if your nuts begin to rage [;)]....I ain't helping you there, pal!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Use in a correct manner, you will probably see limited testicular atrophy due to higher testosterone levels via injections.

See professional help if your nuts begin to rage [;)]....I ain't helping you there, pal!
View Quote

I guess you're speaking from personal experience.

[rofl2]

TT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess you're speaking from personal experience.

[rofl2]

TT
View Quote
As opposed to you speaking from personal experience about raging nuts? [;D]
View Quote

Nope no personal experience with anabolic steroids at all!  

I do workout 5 - 6 days per week and find that my body is more toned now than it was at 21.

Nothing beats a healthy lifestyle: Regular workouts, hydration, a diet consisting of 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fruits and veggies, spf 45, laughter and great sex! It works for my boyfriend and myself!

Good luck!

TT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't know one male obstetrician who has given birth but I would not challenge their expertise on the subject.

And the real cause of roid rage is not the steroids themselves, but the fact that they don't make the users any taller! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't know one male obstetrician who has given birth but I would not challenge their expertise on the subject.

And the real cause of roid rage is not the steroids themselves, but the fact that they don't make the users any taller! [:D]
View Quote

And like I stated...the experts you hold in such high esteem are the same idiots that said steroids had ZERO effect as a performance enhancing drug up until about 4yrs ago.

If anyone would take the time to READ, you would understand that I know there are side effects...I'm not debating that. What I am debating is the stupidity behind blanket statements about "rages" and all of the other nonsense attached to steroids. They are not always bad, they should be legal and can be used VERY safely by someone who knows what they are doing ;)
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My security supervisor saw The Hulk.
And he noted the cameo by Lou Ferrigno.
I am a fairly skinny person (I've been asked if I'm anorexic before [BD]).
My supervisor is about to go on a little vacation, and I want to surprise him when he gets back.  (The goal is to get big muscles! [:D])
Any suggestions would be good, but I mainly wanted to cement the goal in my head, and put a little external pressure on myself.

[url]http://digilander.libero.it/louferrign/fer21.jpg[/url]
View Quote

To quote Ahhnold "Steh-woids"
To quote Hulk Hogan with constipated sh1t grin "STERRROIDS!!!!!"

Oh course, I was kidding.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They are not always bad, they should be legal and can be used VERY safely by someone who knows what they are doing ;)
View Quote

So we can infer that you support the legalization of heroin?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Eat high protein, high carb foods.

Eat.

Hit the dumbells, barbells, push-ups, pull-ups.

Always be eating.

Get that megamuscle high-protein shake mix they sell in those "muscle-man" stores.

Eat.

Eat bananas, eggs, steaks, protein-shakes, pasta, haagen-dasz (sp?).

Exercise, weight-training 3X daily. Start a few days on lighter weights then starting hitting the heavy metal.

[b]EAT!

Eat like a mo-fo!![/b]

Eggs, chicken, double-meat foot-long subway subs, beans, protein shakes.

Avoid caffeine.

[b][size=3]EAT!!![/size=3][/b]

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#46]
GMP:

Obviously you have juiced or been juicing, so lets not quibble. Under direct doctors supervision, steroids can be done and avoid the majority of nasty side affects.

Now, unless you are an MD like TT, or under the care of one.... you WILL get side affects. Not a question of IF but WHEN. I have been in the gym for 20 years and watched them all come and go, juice freaks that is. They ALL ended up with problems, some sooner and some later on in life. So quite frankly my lad, you are delusional in saying there is NO price to pay. You cant ride that bus and not pay the fare sooner or later.

Ive seen it all... tumors, heart enlargement, gynocomastia, cysts, rages, depression, outright violence, murder.... etc. So keep on with the delusional side of life pal, and after you have been around for a while in the gym and seen it ALL, then you can talk. Til' then you are just defending the use of DANGEROUS drugs that should never be legal for anyone unless they are doctor prescribed and monitored, anything less is just a lie. And there aint' nothin' you can tell ME about how intelligent their use is. Get real. Ooops, you cant get big, so you better run along and shove a needle in your ass, you know, scientifically of course.

STEROIDS ARE FOR LOSERS, AND LITTLE MEN WHO NEVER COULD GET BIG ON THEIR OWN, ALSO EGOMANIACS.

Face the facts

Dram out
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I want to ask this question:

How rapidly DOES someone gain muscle mass if they're going heavy on the steroids and keep the food coming fast enough and in the right proportions, anyway?

I wouldn't consider doing them under any circumstances, but I've always been curious
about their effects and how rapidly they work.

And, if you're using them,  is it even necessary for you to exercise for them to work,  and how does the intensity of your training affect the steroid's effect?

CJ

(Later:)

OK, I found the answers to my own question, here:

[url]http://www.juniormuscle.com/HS_019_how_steroids_work.htm[/url]

A few interesting tidbits:

Some steroids aromatize to become ESTROGEN.  Here come the bitch tits!

When you're using some stereoids, your body senses the hormonal imbalance and shuts down your own testosterone supply,  hence the shrinking nuts syndrome.

Stacked use of various steroids can result in appalling muscle mass gains,  in rare cases in the range of 30 pounds of muscle mass in eight weeks!

INSULIN can be used to deliver steroid-like effects.  It is not without its hazards, though.

CJ
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#48]
If you are in shape and start a heavy stack you will have no problem gaining 25+lbs. If you research the drugs some will help gain alot of weight and others will be better at a leaning out cycle. If you are juiceing and not working out you are wasteing a lot of money.

When you go off your cycle you will not keep all of your gains. Some drugs are better than others at keeping the weight on.

Don't forget steroids are illegal. The amount of roids that you will buy for one cycle is enough to get you in some serious shit if caught. I have heard of a few people getting caught with a cycle of gear and getting charged with intent to distribute.

cruizer

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I find it strange that steroids would be illegal.   As far as I know, they're not psychotropic, and I can't see any compelling reason why they shouldn't be available at least by prescription if the customer really wants them and is made to understand the risks.

Drug laws are generally silly anyway.

CJ
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Try:

[img]http://www.homerdrive.com/about/eat.gif[/img]

Or:

[img]http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/102/beefcake.gif[/img]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top