Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:25:31 PM EDT
On regular english TV!!! The commercial has been on 2 different channels! Unfrigginbelievable!!! Why would someone that could not speak english be watching a movie in english and why do I have to hear a commercial in spanish!!!??!?! My grandfather came from greece and actually learned to speak english.

I can't even find the words for comments.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:26:28 PM EDT
Heck, my calc teacher is from Athens and she can at least speak and understand English (even if we can't understand her...)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:28:15 PM EDT
Que? No habla ingles.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:29:35 PM EDT
Looks like the commercial is working.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:32:47 PM EDT
If you think that is bad you should spend some time in southern Arizona.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:41:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 6:44:44 PM EDT by WildBoar]

Maybe just maybe some people actually have 2 languages and the marketers decided to make sure they got their audience who watch English television as well? Just a thought. Seems like good old American capitalism to me. I am having a hard time seeing the problem. Many who speak Spanish and English actually watch BOTH, heck most watch mainly English TV shows.

Looks like intelligent marketing to me.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:45:34 PM EDT
Probably is worried that he'll eventually have to learn Spanish. I no longer worry, as I have learned the requisite knowledge needed to live in the future US.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:54:25 PM EDT
They've been running on local TV here too.

I do not like it, not one little bit.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:28:17 PM EDT
Todo está mierda. Si se vive en la USA, se debe hablar inglés. Si no hablas inglés, aprendalo o vayase!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:35:04 PM EDT
Interesting.

They have yet to stoop to that level in Arizona yet...

Although there are 4 Spanish only channels...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:14:44 PM EDT
My advice is to settle down and stop having such a hissy fit. It's okay, it's just a commercial. They generally last, like, 30 seconds or so; if you don't like it, go get a beer or something, and when you come back, something completely different will be on.

If you get this hysterical about a commercial, I'd hate to see you in a really serious situation, say, under hostile fire or something.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:17:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gitarmac:
On regular english TV!!! The commercial has been on 2 different channels! Unfrigginbelievable!!! Why would someone that could not speak english be watching a movie in english and why do I have to hear a commercial in spanish!!!??!?! My grandfather came from greece and actually learned to speak english.

Welcome to the occupation.

I don't mind we have local spanish channels, I can live with it.

What pisses me off to no end is seeing Ford commericals IN SPANISH on my local NBC affiliate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:18:44 PM EDT
Que?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:51:16 PM EDT
SAC?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:00:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

Originally Posted By gitarmac:

Welcome to the occupation.

I don't mind we have local spanish channels, I can live with it.

What pisses me off to no end is seeing Ford commericals IN SPANISH on my local NBC affiliate.

The times are a changin`. We have done away with assimulation, and taken on catering. It isn`t going to prove to be a good thing for the country.
Top Top