Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 1:52:36 PM EDT
I walked in, showed my ID, signed my name and went over to the voting machine.  When I went to cast my votes I realized they had put me in with the Demacrat Primary voters!!!  They didn't ask me if I wanted to vote in the Demacrat or Republican election when I signed in and there were no signs on the tables other than dividing up people by the first letter of their last names.  

I got there and voted at 3pm and as it turns out in my district I was the 2nd Republican voter to show up today.  And thats counting my Dad as the FIRST one.  Thats right in my district from the time the polls opened until 3pm, my Dad and I were the ONLY Republican voters to show up!!!!!!   No wonder we can't seem to get Miss Sheila 'where are the cameras' Jackson Lee out of office!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I walked in, showed my ID, signed my name and went over to the voting machine.  When I went to cast my votes I realized they had put me in with the Demacrat Primary voters!!!  They didn't ask me if I wanted to vote in the Demacrat or Republican election when I signed in and there were no signs on the tables other than dividing up people by the first letter of their last names.  

I got there and voted at 3pm and as it turns out in my district I was the 2nd Republican voter to show up today.  And thats counting my Dad as the FIRST one.  Thats right in my district from the time the polls opened until 3pm, my Dad and I were the ONLY Republican voters to show up!!!!!!   No wonder we can't seem to get Miss Sheila 'where are the cameras' Jackson Lee out of office!!!

So we can assume you runied the neighborhood (from being totally lefty whacko Democrat)???

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
how could this be in TX?  I thought that state was about as red as they come.  even the big cities in TX are supposed to be red
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So we can assume you runied the neighborhood (from being totally lefty whacko Democrat)???

I'm pretty sure we are just about the only ones in this neighborhood that don't like the current entitlement system.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
how could this be in TX?  I thought that state was about as red as they come.  even the big cities in TX are supposed to be red

TX will be ruined for the GOP by the influx of refugees from Hurricane Katrina and illegal immigrants.

I wanted to move there once so I could buy automatic weapons and stuff, but someone here told me the state was full.  You should have let me in, guys.  Now you are paying the price.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#6]
i got my voters reg. card stamp Republican today!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]
In North Plano, 7:30am, maybe 5 republicans before me....no dems had showed up
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TX will be ruined for the GOP by the influx of refugees from Hurricane Katrina and illegal immigrants.

I wanted to move there once so I could buy automatic weapons and stuff, but someone here told me the state was full.  You should have let me in, guys.  Now you are paying the price.

I'm considering NM.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When I went to cast my votes I realized they had put me in with the Demacrat Primary voters!!!  

DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!

For Gods sake, I hope you washed your hands before you left.

That's disgusting ........
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No wonder we can't seem to get Miss Sheila 'where are the cameras' Jackson Lee out of office!!!

I got to lay hands on her in a stern and meaningful way at an event I worked once. It was very satisfying.

Details, details.  You can't leave us hanging like that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Luckily, the types of people who become refugees after natural disasters don't correlate highly with the type of people who take active roles in the political process.

The influx of Katrina refugees won't have much affect on the tilt of Texas politics.  The influx of new voters who are the legal children of illegal aliens is another matter...

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]
What the DU is doing now is parading Dem's as Republicans.  Diane Patrick is very liberal but running as a Republican because there is no way a Dem could win in this district.  The Dems are coming out in droves to vote for her in the Republican primary.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out.  Gotta love Texas politics
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not in the 18th(?) district.

Always been that way.

Mickey (I'm out of town) Leeland.
Craig (I don't care) Washington.
etc...

I'm glad I moved.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yeah, there's still plenty of 'em hanging around...

Something odd, when I registered to vote a couple years ago, I wasn't asked what party I wanted to be in...
That normal?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The poor black areas in Texas like the rest of the nation are all democrat.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:50:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No wonder we can't seem to get Miss Sheila 'where are the cameras' Jackson Lee out of office!!!

I got to lay hands on her in a stern and meaningful way at an event I worked once. It was very satisfying.

I was working a contract close protection job on a very wealthy fellow who threw a big Super Bowl after-party in Houston. There were a lot of celebrities there, including those of the political variety, I guess. He was walking up to the VIP area with me right behind him and Ms. Lee tried to push me out of the way and sort of get swept into the VIP area with him. She did not have a VIP pass.

I grabbed her by the shoulders from behind and sort of 'steered' her back out 90 degrees from the big man's line of travel.

She whined, "But I'm with *big man*!"
I said, "No ma'am, I'M with *big man*."

I've never really been jealous of anyone before, till now.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:16:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was working a contract close protection job on a very wealthy fellow who threw a big Super Bowl after-party in Houston. There were a lot of celebrities there, including those of the political variety, I guess. He was walking up to the VIP area with me right behind him and Ms. Lee tried to push me out of the way and sort of get swept into the VIP area with him. She did not have a VIP pass.

I grabbed her by the shoulders from behind and sort of 'steered' her back out 90 degrees from the big man's line of travel.

She whined, "But I'm with *big man*!"
I said, "No ma'am, I'M with *big man*."

I've never really been jealous of anyone before, till now.

+1 to you, good job.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Sir, allow this southern belle to express her respect for yourself and your good father.

Some years ago before the motor-voter act, I was a voter registrar, and set up to register folks at the Oklahoma state fair Republican booth.  Some scroungy little female waste of good air came up and wanted to cause a scene.

Being a voter registrar IS a public office, and a high trust.

This was all a contrived show, and yes, even over a decade ago some pinko had a clunky old video camera rolling.

I was dressed appropriately in grey (feminine) business attire.  SKANK wore torn tee shirt.  Skank blustered her way through the folks perusing Republican literature and announced:

"I'm here to register to vote"

I said "Yes Ma'am"

She said "I'd rather be dead than register Republican!!!" (playing to the camera)

I said, "Ma'am, I am a registrar.  You may register any way you wish in complete confidentiality.  But as you have expressed your intentions, the alternative may be arranged."

My former Special Forces combat veteran spouse was there at the time, and he will serve as my witness

SKANK registered Democrat, and I wished her and her party a good evening.

No repercussions, no news story... but they've been at this a looooooong time.

The Future is Here.  And it AIN'T pretty.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:30:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I wish trogdore would burninate all the democrats.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Sir, allow this southern belle to express her respect for yourself and your good father.

Some years ago before the motor-voter act, I was a voter registrar, and set up to register folks at the Oklahoma state fair Republican booth.  Some scroungy little female waste of good air came up and wanted to cause a scene.

Being a voter registrar IS a public office, and a high trust.

This was all a contrived show, and yes, even over a decade ago some pinko had a clunky old video camera rolling.

I was dressed appropriately in grey (feminine) business attire.  SKANK wore torn tee shirt.  Skank blustered her way through the folks perusing Republican literature and announced:

"I'm here to register to vote"

I said "Yes Ma'am"

She said "I'd rather be dead than register Republican!!!" (playing to the camera)

I said, "Ma'am, I am a registrar.  You may register any way you wish in complete confidentiality.  But as you have expressed your intentions, the alternative may be arranged."

My former Special Forces combat veteran spouse was there at the time, and he will serve as my witness

SKANK registered Democrat, and I wished her and her party a good evening.

No repercussions, no news story... but they've been at this a looooooong time.

The Future is Here.  And it AIN'T pretty.

Thank you

My story was more entertainment than oppression in any way.  What happened yesterday was a mistake on the part of the officials overseeing the polls.  They were quick to remedy it as soon as it was pointed out and were VERY appologitic for the error.  I don't believe they did it on purpose or with any malice.  It sounds to me that you certainly conducted yourself in the same proffesional way and did yourself and your husband proud.  Thank you for your service to the rest of us for giving up your time to make the voting process easier on the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The poor black areas in Texas like the rest of the nation are all democrat.

There are maps out there that show the parts of the nation with the highest rate of government assistance.  If you put that on top of the county by county voter map it is no suprise to see that they are all solid blue counties.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#26]

i'm afraid that a *lot* of republicans are going to loose their respective political seats this time around. i think that the perception among most of america as a result of the last few years is that the republican party is now the party of big government, big brother, and almost violent spending.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
.  Thank you for your service to the rest of us for giving up your time to make the voting process easier on the rest of us.

Thank you sir.  My only regret is that I am no longer able to serve MY country as a voter registrar, with the advent of 'motor-voter' which removes that one last fail-safe eyeball to steely-BLUE eyeball (mine)

NO disrespect to good folk of hispanic or various ethnicity implied,  If you're here, your good folks unless proved otherwise in my book
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top