Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2015 12:03:07 PM EDT
During Ramadan. Camped out at the Crowne Plaza on Yas Island. What do I do tomorrow? The F1 race course is across the street, but nothing is happening over there.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
UAE sucks during Ramadan. Order room service during the day and go out at night.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Dubai and go skiing.

Otherwise, Camel races.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Dem ankles

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
The Paki workers have been really nice. The only negative was the old guy trying to sell me an iPhone on the street for 1200$AED. Wouldn't take no! I only got rid of him by saying 50$AED because it was stolen anyway.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Russian Who-rars
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Been to Ferrari world yet?  Yas mall is pretty kick ass, but not as great during Ramadan.  They are having some good sales right now, UA, Quicksilver, Nike, etc.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Go to one of the non tourist souqs at night.  Most of them should open between 7-8pm during Ramadan.  The blue souq should be pretty close to you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#9]
If you ever read a post from me saying that I am stuck somewhere in the Middle East, then please, for the love of God, call the Marine Corps and have them come and get me! Same thing for Mexico. If I ever post that I am stuck in Mexico then that is code for "CALL THE MARINES BECAUSE I NEED TO BE RESCUED!!!!"
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you ever read a post from me saying that I am stuck somewhere in the Middle East, then please, for the love of God, call the Marine Corps and have them come and get me! Same thing for Mexico. If I ever post that I am stuck in Mexico then that is code for "CALL THE MARINES BECAUSE I NEED TO BE RESCUED!!!!"
View Quote

Meh..  Live a little.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. No one should ever go to any place in the middle east or Mexico unless its on an aircraft carrying tactical nukes.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Should have hit up duty free and stocked up then order fruity drinks from the bar by the pool and dose them up with some hooch of your own from your... water bottle.  Works for me.

Ramadan sucks balls that is why I took a three week vaca at the start.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, I got the same reaction from my friends that never let our hometown.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Steve, And I was in Cabo San Lucas in February without falling prey the narco-terrorists. There is a big world up those basement stairs!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Meh..  Live a little.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh..  Live a little.

I intend to live a lot, which is why I will never voluntarily go to the Middle East.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe you could try jumping between skyscrapers in a car?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Maybe you could try jumping between skyscrapers in a car?
<a href="http://s280.photobucket.com/user/7lf10/media/A0DBAF55-6C0D-4862-9170-596344A83D5B_zpsky1tasv2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/7lf10/A0DBAF55-6C0D-4862-9170-596344A83D5B_zpsky1tasv2.jpg</a>
View Quote

I could follow those whom have gone before me...
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Been to Ferrari world yet?  Yas mall is pretty kick ass, but not as great during Ramadan.  They are having some good sales right now, UA, Quicksilver, Nike, etc.  
View Quote

Ferrari World!

It's easy to get to Dubai; drop in and take the Red Bus Tour and hit The Dubai Mall (biggest mall in the world).  Le Meridien Hotel for dinner; they have probably a dozen or so restaurants (the Seafood Market Restaurant is my favorite; you pick your dinner out from the tank(s) and they cook it).
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ferrari World!

It's easy to get to Dubai; drop in and take the Red Bus Tour and hit The Dubai Mall (biggest mall in the world).  Le Meridien Hotel for dinner; they have probably a dozen or so restaurants (the Seafood Market Restaurant is my favorite; you pick your dinner out from the tank(s) and they cook it).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ferrari World!

Remember it's Ramadan.  No food until iftar, or its a fine and jail time.    We almost got in trouble for that the other day.  When they bring us rolls to our table, we think it's time to eat.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#20]
No workday, so Yas Mall today. I usually stuff myself at breakfast to last to sundown. It's not all that different from my normal day on the road. I do maritime software, so I'm in the 'best' areas of town during the day.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Go to Phuket for a week.
View Quote

Can't. I have today and tomorrow off. Then four days of craziness and depart for home.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Remember it's Ramadan.  No food until iftar, or its a fine and jail time.    We almost got in trouble for that the other day.  When they bring us rolls to our table, we think it's time to eat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ferrari World!

That's why I said eat at the hotel...the hotels cater to non-Ramadanians.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Yas Mall is huge! Didn't leave too many dirham there. What struck me was the low attendance. The place was a ghost town. The roller coaster was out of service at Ferrari World. Huge disappointment!

And I found out I have to stay until the 7th. Got to figure out how to get to Dubai without breaking the bank.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Russian Who-rars
View Quote

This gets my vote.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Garfield needs his bitch back.  Go find Nermil
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Garfield needs his bitch back.  Go find Nermil
View Quote

Odie is dead, repeat Odie is dead.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, you're limited in what you can do during Ramadan.  

But!  There's the various malls, Ferrari World sounds great.  I didn't get there the last time I was over there.

Dubai is a hoot.  The skiing is pretty slick, as is the rest of the mall there.  If you can, go.  Skiing isn't terribly expensive, either.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This gets my vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russian Who-rars

This gets my vote.

But it's got to be pronounced properly!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Get drunk and loudly declare that you are there on a Crusade, and demand pork.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Silly question: How do diabetics deal with Ramadan? Can you drink juice or water?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Get drunk and loudly declare that you are there on a Crusade, and demand pork.
View Quote

Savages don't even have real bacon at the hotel. They have this turkey bacon crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top