Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2004 3:58:50 PM EST

I don't talk about my family on the board, but this past week my daughter made me proud on two occasions. She's in seventh grade and she enjoys a good arguement, we think she should become a lawyer.

1. Last Friday her class had a quick quiz on current events. One question was a simple true or false about the AWB expiring last week. Apparently they had talked about it expiring but in a neutral way, simply it was passed under Clinton and more types of guns were legal. Pretty innocuous. After the question was graded, one of her classmates said it was too bad the ban expired. So she answered back that the ban did nothing except remove a little hunk of metal called a bayonet lug, and prohibit collapsable stocks, making it tougher for short people to shoot some rifles. She also got in that it had not effect on crime and it was a useless law. I know she didn't get to the magazine limits, but she's only in 7th grade. She said some of the other students just stared at her, surprised at her knowledge.

2. Today they had science class and the teacher was talking about the metric system. He said that the US would have converted to the system except for a stupid President stopped it. He then said it was Reagan that stopped the conversion. My daughter then asked him if it was Reagan who ended the Cold War. He said yes, so she said, " doesn't sound too stupid, does he?"
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:01:36 PM EST
Hehe, you should be proud
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:06:08 PM EST
Number 2's pretty snappy.

Incidentally, I hardly use any of my Imperial system tools anymore. Everything mechanical I've worked on that wasn't over 30 years old was all metric. Can't seem to get my head wrapped around meters yet. It's feet, miles and yards till I die I think.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:09:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 4:10:46 PM EST by Tortfeasor]

Originally Posted By BobP:
I don't talk about my family on the board, but this past week my daughter made me proud ..., we think she should become a lawyer.

Dude, no.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:15:11 PM EST
smart girl, & proud papa.

Shows that with her teachers, stupidity has no age restrictions.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:21:24 PM EST
Be proud, papa! Smart kids like that are a rarity these days. It doesn't happen by accident. Good job, BobP!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:28:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By Tortfeasor:

Originally Posted By BobP:
I don't talk about my family on the board, but this past week my daughter made me proud ..., we think she should become a lawyer.

Dude, no.

Sure, the country needs a conservative female lawyer who uses the experience as a stepping stone to the bench and then the Supreme Court. But maybe I'm slightly biased.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:10:20 PM EST
Good for her. Hopefully that shitbag teacher forgets about the issue before grades are posted.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:16:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By fallingwrench:
Good for her. Hopefully that shitbag teacher forgets about the issue before grades are posted.

I'm not worried, she's a straight A student and it's a science class, clear right or wrong answers.
Top Top