Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 5:35:53 AM EDT
I've been saying this for years, but this time its for real. Within three weeks or so I'm dropping from fifty guns to about five. Too many security issues.
All will be face to face here in Alabama or through a rep at gunshows. I am not advertising. Just stating the facts. My middle son got my DSA FAL over Christmas, oldest wants the Colt AR, will put up an Inland M1 for daughter.
I'm keeping a Marlin 336 30-30 for hunting, an AK variant for home and camping, a Rossi 12ga stagecoach for home, a .40 Beretta, Colt Trooper .357 and a Walther PP. I really feel a sense of relief.

rk
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've been saying this for years, but this time its for real. Within three weeks or so I'm dropping from fifty guns to about five. Too many security issues.
All will be face to face here in Alabama or through a rep at gunshows. I am not advertising. Just stating the facts. My middle son got my DSA FAL over Christmas, oldest wants the Colt AR, will put up an Inland M1 for daughter.
I'm keeping a Marlin 336 30-30 for hunting, an AK variant for home and camping, a Rossi 12ga stagecoach for home, a .40 Beretta, Colt Trooper .357 and a Walther PP. I really feel a sense of relief.

rk

okay I give...why, what security issues?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're really worried about these security issues, send your guns to me. I'll take care of them for you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait......you feel safer with FEWER guns?

Uh....wha?

Sheep
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 40. I realy only shoout about 15 on any kind of regular bassis.
But when I go to mark the ones to sell I just can't bring my self to do it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, what's the deal?  What kind of "security" issues would make you sell of 90% of your collection?

-James
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:04:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No shit - "but this was my first Luger", or "This one is so accurate.", or "But this is the one I packed during the earthquake/flood/riot.", or "This one's good for training new shooters."

I'm way too "clingy" sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:08:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit - "but this was my first Luger", or "This one is so accurate.", or "But this is the one I packed during the earthquake/flood/riot.", or "This one's good for training new shooters."

Exactly!

But that was my first AR
But that is great for teaching people
But that was my first revolver
But that is just so unique
But I won't hardly get any money for that, I might as well keep it
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly!

But that was my first AR
But that is great for teaching people
But that was my first revolver
But that is just so unique
But I won't hardly get any money for that, I might as well keep it

unless Axl is just not telling us the real truth, his wife is making him sell them off.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Good for you, axl.

I've recently become painfully reminded of the old maxim that we don't own our possessions, our possessions own us.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Last year I sold all my pistols and bought one high quality one. I couldn't be happier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top