Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2012 9:49:14 PM EDT
I might get one but I know nothing about them. I figure if M&P used them for 30 years they must be ok?

Heres a pic I stole from photobucket
**Not Mine
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
AWESOME
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Accurate, fast round (and loud), chucks brass at the same speed the bullet goes, lousy controls, and a very goofy grip angle.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Accurate, fast round (and loud), chucks brass at the same speed the bullet goes, lousy controls, and a very goofy grip angle.  

I was reading on wiki and they mention fireballs and a harsh recoil do to the high bore axis.

ETA* they seem to be a little more $ then the 82, but the 82 never did anything for me. But this one I think is sharp and that 7.62 X 25 round seems impressive.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Fucking heavy.

eta:  but I'm a little bitch.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fucking heavy.

2.09 lbs. Don't seem to bad, compaired to a 1911 at 2.44 lbs.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Run, don't walk.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking heavy.

The weight is a good thing, because it's snappy. Not brutal at all, but a healthy recoil.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
My indoor range wont let me shoot mine on the pistol side due to the penetration of the round.  I have to use the rifle side...
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking heavy.

Yeah, I compared the two on wiki and came back to say I'm a little bitch.  

I've got a 7'62 X25 pistol but mine has 32 round mags.  meh
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought one a couple months back, but have only ran about 50 rounds through it.  My observations:

-Certain magazines can be difficult to remove.  At least until they have worn in a bit.
-Big muzzle flash, and loud.  It's great for being an attention whore.
-Almost rectangular grip.  Not too comfortable to hold.
-Rebounding hammer, like the vz. 82.
-Firing pin block safety that reminds me of my Glock.
-Safety isn't very easy to work.
-I thought the recoil was quite light.  The muzzle flips up quite a bit, but the recoil with Prvi Partizan ammunition was, in my opinion, about on par with my friend's 9mm subcompact XD shooting cheap ammunition, perhaps even a bit less.

I'm sure I'll think of some more later.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I just put my max bid on one. I may own one in 1 1/2 day's? We shall see.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a big fan. I like the Tokarev a lot better.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#13]
If it comes down to it the cz52 can be used to drive nails, break windows, or just bludgeon people.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not a big fan. I like the Tokarev a lot better.

That's cool as-well. Same prices it seems.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Get a Tokarev.

Of course I'm biased. I wanted one ever since I was a kid, and last year I finally bought one.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]
The safety acts as both a safety and decocker, but you can't operate it without shifting your grip unless you have some sort of mutant thumb strength.

There's no slide lock/release but you can lock the gun open by pushing up on the lever on the left side of the frame.

Firing pins are brittle. Dry firing guarantees you a broken firing pin in no time flat.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Where you are pointing the gun is downrange. Your 4 o'clock is also downrange.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#18]
i liked the one i had.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Get a Tokarev.

Of course I'm biased. I wanted one ever since I was a kid, and last year I finally bought one.

I'm kinda leaning this way too.  It's slimmer, lighter, same round, and just as reliable.  eh

eta:  I had the 213 in 9mm.  Never a problem.  They only bad thing is the grip angle, it's a touch strange.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't understand?

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a Tokarev.

I'm kinda leaning this way too.  It's slimmer, lighter, same round, and just as reliable.  eh

eta:  I had the 213 in 9mm.  Never a problem.  They only bad thing is the grip angle, it's a touch strange.

They are very 1911ish, only simplified.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get a Tokarev.

Well I'm bidding on the vz, if I don't win it I'll go for the Tok. I think I like it more now that I've been looking at them

I'd like to do a 'get both' but I'm a little light so it needs to be one or the other.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Get a Tokarev.

They are very 1911ish, only simplified.

Yessir.

Quoted:

I'd like to do a 'get both' but I'm a little light so it needs to be one or the other.

I don't think you'd be disappointed with the Tok.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 11:54:24 PM EDT
[#24]
It's a great, unique and interesting gun.
It is also very rare for a Mil-Surp as only 250,000 were ever made, and that was 60 years ago.

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 1:40:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I have two and love them both. SOG had a two fer sale a few years ago. Two CZ-52s for $250.  Get the boxed amorers kit and you are good to go. I put wolf springs in mine and have never had a malfunction.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:12:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I love mine. It's fun to shoot and cheap to feed.
I bought replacement parts for all the internals.
No issues at all. Before using the decocker with
live rounds, put a pencil in the barrel.
Some of the decockers are sloppy. Make sure
the pencil doesn't launch. Got it from SOG about
5 years ago for $119.00.
I really wish I could find some original mags.
Every after market mag fails miserably.
The only reason I'll buy a Tok eventually is the
availability of magazines.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:12:59 AM EDT
[#27]
As mentioned above, The Tokarev is lighter and handles better.  If you want to be different, consider the M57 Zastava, it's a Tokarev with higher cap mags (and the regular Tok mags won't work in them).  

The CZ 52 has a brittle firing pin.  Do not dry fire the gun, the pin will break.  You can get stronger replacement firing pins.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:15:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Dont want but it's ok for you to get one!
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:33:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a couple, I like them but like my TOKs better.  The TOKs have a better grip.   52s have a brittle firing pin, don't dry fire it or chances are you will be replacing it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I far prefer my Tok. The CZ52 has the ergonomics of a mousetrap duct taped to a pipe. It's uncomfortable to shoot and none of the controls are in a convenient place. Additionally, CZ52s are prone to parts breakage and wear; firing pin, rollers, etc.

From a collector's standpoint, the CZ52 is quite interesting. It's a unique pistol that was produced for only three years and made in fairly small quantities. As a shooter it's sadly lacking.

Yes, I have both.

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:41:45 AM EDT
[#31]
i prefer the 82 with the 9mm Mak round , but that's me .
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 3:04:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As mentioned above, The Tokarev is lighter and handles better.  If you want to be different, consider the M57 Zastava, it's a Tokarev with higher cap mags (and the regular Tok mags won't work in them).  

The CZ 52 has a brittle firing pin.  Do not dry fire the gun, the pin will break.  You can get stronger replacement firing pins.

I had one and I thought it sucked. Terrible grip angle with a long blocky feeling grip, tiny sights witha long sight radius, much heavier and more complicated than it needs to be. That said it was accurate. IMHO.....You would be much better off with a TT-33 clone in the same caliber. I have Chi-Com TT-33 clone and it's far and away a better weapon in 7.62X25.

As to the Yugo M57 I like it but mags are proprietary to the weapon and expensive when compaired to the other the TT-33 clone's mags. If you don't get a holster with it regular TT-33 holsters won't fit it properly either due to the longer grip. You are only gaining one extra round so to me the view ain't worth the climb unless you can get one for cheap or just want a Yugo example.

The down side to the TT-33 clones is they all wear a safety they were not designed to have as a ATF requirment and all are ill-conceived. I removed the one on my Tokerov as it was more of a hazard than no safety.

The only real "safety" on a TT-33 was the half-cock notch on the hammer. They were designed to be carried with a empty chamber and a round was chambered and the hammer moved to half-cock only when action was eminent.

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand?

It ejects brass into the next county.  My father-in-law's ejects to more like 3 o'clock, but the brass goes about 20 yards.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, I was out bid on the 52 and I'm not going any higher.

Now I'm looking at Tok's... Is there any I should look for? I'm seeing Yugo, Romy and China
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Looks like 90 degrees.

Your post made me think of the balloon exchange in Raising Arizona:

"These blow up into funny shapes at all?"

"Well, no, unless round is funny."
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I think it's a pretty interesting pistol. Both of mine shoot well. I also think I'm fortunate to have put an original park finish and an arsenal re-blued one in my collection. <Shameless plug: they are both for sale on the EE here if anyone wants one or both>
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking heavy.

The weight is a good thing, because it's snappy. Not brutal at all, but a healthy recoil.

[Boris the Blade]"Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit them with it."[/Boris the Blade]

I've always wanted one, myself.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I had one and it was OK but I didn't shoot it much. Guy I sold it to shot it a lot and has had problems from what I understand.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#39]
The 52 is a good weapon, bought one back when they were ~$100-200.  Made sure to get mine in 9mm to make it easy to get ammo.

Cult following with this gun, people make aftermarket slide stops you can hit with a thumb.  If/when you break the CAST firing pin, you can get a steel replacement.  Some people actually carry the piece, but I'm not that much of a fan, personally.  My Sig 229 .40 seems like a somewhat more modern, bet-your-life-on-it piece.

What fascinated me is the no-tools disassembly of the beast (same reason I got a C-96 "Broomhandle" Mauser).  Even the grip panels are held on by that big spring steel clip you see.  Too, the working of the beastie is equally fascinating: no one had ever done a roller-locking handgun before.  Or since!

I'd get one just for the lulz.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking heavy.

[Boris the Blade]"Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit them with it."[/Boris the Blade]

I've always wanted one, myself.

haha, i just watched Snatch the other night
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#41]
own a Romanian Tok, haven't shot it in a while, but for the price its a fun little toy

kinda kicking around the idea of a Yugo M57 or maybe a Norinco 213
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I like em.  I'm usually wearing gloves, and shot one last time in the winter to ventilate a burn barrel at my friend's cabin.  The biggest think I like is the cartridge though.  9mm and .45 ACP literally bounced off the steel drum.  The 7.62x25 punched right through both sides of the drum.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I had one and thought it sucked. Tiny sights, brittle firing-pin, and shitty controls....The there is that long (fore & aft) grip and weird grip angle.

I much prefer my Chi-Com Torkerov.

That said I always thought it would be great if someone would make a carbine out of one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#44]
i got a cz-52 and like it

upgraded the firing pin and rollers.

never use the decocker

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I love mine. One of the most satisfying guns to shoot that I own. Huge fireball out of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Tok is a better all around choice, its what I went with.
Just picked up the yugo version, at almost the same price, and new production mags are available, I didn't see why not.

Also,
Originally Posted By DaGrandPoobah no one had ever done a roller-locking handgun before.  Or since!

I'd get one just for the lulz.

Not completely true, buddy has a calico 9mm pistol that is roller-delayed, way over engineered, but interesting all the same
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
own a Romanian Tok, haven't shot it in a while, but for the price its a fun little toy

kinda kicking around the idea of a Yugo M57 or maybe a Norinco 213

There's cool Chinese commercial Tok that was done up as a double stack––- 14 or 15 rounds if I recall.  Rare as hen's teeth, but cool nonetheless.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was reading on wiki and they mention fireballs and a harsh recoil do to the high bore axis.

ETA* they seem to be a little more $ then the 82, but the 82 never did anything for me. But this one I think is sharp and that 7.62 X 25 round seems impressive.

Get the TOK, i have both, the cz52 is more picky with ammo, i bought an extra 52 barrel just to spin ammo in to see if it fits, some romanian will jam up a cz52.  Once i open a tin of it i spin each round and set into two different buckets, one for the cz, the rest for toks.  I love both, CZ has better fit and finish.  The toks are a better all around gun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Czechpoint has the last remaining unissued 52's  in stock right now.

http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/products/vz-52/vz-52-pistol-unissued-condition/

I like mine.
I had two but traded one for a NEW CZ P-01 and 150 bucks
Czechpoint also has the key replacement parts in stock as well. A steel firing pin is a good upgrade IMO, but my old one works just fine. Just DON'T dry fire the thing and you are OK. Also DON'T trust the decock function.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#50]
A friend of mine has a tokarev.  I've put a few hundred rounds through it.  I find the sights crappy by today's standards but otherwise it's not bad.

classicarms has some nice tokarev's

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top