Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 4:58:04 PM EDT
I'm not too fat. I passed the physical at the OKC MEPS. Got a 97 on my ASVAB. I'm a genius. Some of the algebra questions were kinda tough, I would make a reasonable guess and then work backwards to verify the answer.

I am gonna try for the 97B Counter Intellignce. The recruiter said that was hard to get 'cause they wanted only MOS qualified former active, but hopefully my decent ASVAB and my degree will get me in.

I may try for OCS later.

How hard is it to go active after enlisting reserves? After OCS?

I'm 36 but have 4 years active and one year reserves from 96.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:05:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You can go active after 6 months after training. It's not difficult to do.

I went to basic with a few going counter intel that had no prior military experience so it's not all that uncommon.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
97 is hardly genious. I got that when i was 17 and still had a hangover. Its the millitary, not exactly rocket science
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#3]

How hard is it to go active after enlisting reserves?

When I enlisted I was told that it is hard b/c numbers for reserves are down (if they get you, they want to keep you). Don't know if that was the straight poop or not, but that's what I was told.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

How hard is it to go active after enlisting reserves?

When I enlisted I was told that it is hard b/c numbers for reserves are down (if they get you, they want to keep you). Don't know if that was the straight poop or not, but that's what I was told.

If you want to, you can hook up with a career counsleler(or whatever they call them) or even a recruiter maybe. My recruiter that I kept in contact with shortly after training told me he could get me an active duty contract if I wanted it. Plus it would count for him scoring two contracts from me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're talking about your "GT" score, then 97 isn't exactly steller. Are you refering to a specific line score.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Nah, my 97 is 97 of 99 a percentile score of all the individual tests combined.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#7]

It can get kinda boring working with maps and overlays all day. MI is a desk and table job for most. Getting called to Company or the motorpool is often a welcome relief from the grind of working with alcohol pens all day.

I gotta say, 11B is more fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top