Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 2:29:45 PM EDT
Which one of these two does the hive recommend and why?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't one of them single and the other one a double stack?  That should make it easy for you to narrow which one you want.  They are both well made guns.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn't one of them single and the other one a double stack?  That should make it easy for you to narrow which one you want.  They are both well made guns.
View Quote

It'll be a range gun only so capacity is really not an issue...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Having had a Les Baer and having shot a buddy's STI, I'd buy the STI if I were interested in buying a 6" 1911 type.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Having had a Les Baer and having shot a buddy's STI, I'd buy the STI if I were interested in buying a 6" 1911 type.
View Quote

Have only fired my friend's STI, never even seen a Baer in person, but based on that STI, if you have the money, buy one. Great pistol.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the 5" Premier II.  It amazes me how tight it shoots, supposedly guaranteed 1.5" at 50 yards.

I literally just ordered a STI 2011 today too.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Love my Les Baer TRS

Not sure why you'd want a 6" barrel, unless you're shooting .460, 10mm, etc...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Love my Les Baer TRS

View Quote

Maybe he just got done watching Terminator?

ETA: Still needs to pick up some laser sighting though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Love my Les Baer TRS

View Quote

Range gun/ longer sight radius..
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd love either.  Baer makes a nice, accurate, reliable 1911. So does STI.  One's a single stack, traditional 1911 with slightly longer slide.  The other is a double stack with polymer, changeable grip assembly.  Really, like everything else, depends on what you want in your range gun.  I love the traditional single stack 1911.  I also love the 2011.  It gets as close to that single stack feel as possible, while giving me a shit load of ammo on tap and remaining relatively light weight.  The 2011 also gives me the option of changing grip configuration, size and texture depending on intended use.  A little more control over how the gun feels than simply changing grip panels.  Mags are expensive in the STI and not as common as standard 1911 mags but they work well.  I don't think you can go wrong either way.

ETA:  STI owner
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd have to sell my remaining leg (to someone really desperate) to afford L.B.

The absolute best of luck with whichever you pick. Use it in good health!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top