Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2002 6:22:58 PM EDT
I'm looking for accessaries for a new Glock 21. 3.5 connector, extended slide release etc. What are some good Glock sites to check out?
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
[URL]http://www.lonewolfdist.com[/URL]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Any others [:D]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Night sights

LaserMax internal laser

Uncle Mikes Holsters

Trigger polish job

glocktalk.com is the big one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]www.glocktalk.com[/url]

That's the ar15.com of GLOCKs.  

For your 3.5's, do a seach for user name Hotel9

He sells GLOCK OEM 3.5's for $11 shipped.  It's a little weird, since he's in South Africa, but I took the plunge and it went off without a hitch.  Look and see what others have said.  

[url]www.topglock.com[/url]  Not a bad place for parts.  I used to get my 10 packs of Wolff mag springs there until I figured out all the twists and turns of Brownells
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]
You could be really radical and just leave the thing stock.  If its function you are trying to improve, that might be tough.  Maybe some night sights and/or a hogue slip-on grip.  If its looks, I think a nice stock gun w/ lots of wear, dings and holster marks looks best, but thats just me.

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#9]
The extended slide release is a good product, and I don't use it to release the slide.  The way Gaston Glock designed the pistol to release the slide is by reaching your left hand palm down, across the top of the slide, pinching the slide between the heel of your hand and the first pads of your four fingers, draw the slide back, and release.  
I use the lever to lock the slide back.  I thumb it up.  It is MUCH easier for me to thumb up the larger extended lever with the reaised triangle on it.  Really helps when clearing the weapn, doing a malfunction drill, etc.  
The accessory I do not like, unless it is a range only gun, is the extended magazine release.  Stock is fine, and I know more than one person who has popped a mag by sitting down with the GLOCK either mexican or in an IWB that either did not cover the release or was not rigid enough. I took mine off my G35.  

My "got to have" list is 3.5 connector, extended slide release, Wolff magazine springs, M3 tac light, and Express (AO, Ashley, whatever) night sights, kydex paddle holster, minimum 3 high caps/gun, and a lot of Georgia-Arms ammo.        
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys for the websites to check out. I like Glocks alot. There are a couple things in my opinion that need upgraded though. Just like my 1911 I like to be able to drop the slide with the slide release instead of taking the time to reach over with my other hand and grab onto the slide to drop it.2nd I'm left handed so I need the extended mag release so I can drop the mag with my index finger.3rd Glocks have to heavy a trigger from the factory. I use the 3.5 connector to fix that problem. Other than that I'm very happy with Glocks. Seems like any firearm you get ,theres always room for improvement. I have over $800 into my springfield 1911. I put adjustable sites, new trigger,extended slide and mag release,mag well ang hogue grips on it. I still can't hit anything with it. I can hit dead on with many Glocks right out of the box, so I stick with what works. The Glock 21 is the shit IMHO[:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:55:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You could be really radical and just leave the thing stock.  If its function you are trying to improve, that might be tough.  Maybe some night sights and/or a hogue slip-on grip.  If its looks, I think a nice stock gun w/ lots of wear, dings and holster marks looks best, but thats just me.

View Quote

On a new glock, manipulating the slide release is a pain because the gun is very tight and it's hard to get a lot of force on the thing because there's not enough surface area.  Why they don't come with extended mag releases is a mystery to me.  It seems like the first thing most people I know change on their glocks.

The 3.5lb connector will help improve accuracy by fixing the trigger pull, but I've been warned against using one in a defense gun.  Any merit to this.  Reading Ayoob, it's certainly something he believes in.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top