Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2008 10:46:50 AM EDT
I'll be gone for 8 days and unless I can find an internet cafe I won't be able to get my daily fix of ARFCOM. Anyone know where free or cheep internet access is on any of the islands?

If my Jet crashes and I die or a Tiger shark eats me, you guys can split up my guns, ammo and gear.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I call dibs on it all.

ETA:  All public libraries in the US have free interweb access.  If not, go see Dog the Bounty Hunter.  He has a few computers in his office that he doesn't know how to use.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
i hope it rains the whole time your there,nite and day
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Forget about ARFCOM while you're there, and just enjoy your escape from the rat race!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, and leave the crabs on the island.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i hope it rains the whole time your there,nite and day

FU
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I call dibs on it all.

ETA:  All public libraries in the US have free interweb access.  If not, go see Dog the Bounty Hunter.  He has a few computers in his office that he doesn't know how to use.

Thats right! I forgot about that! Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been to hawaii about 30-40 times.  All on Uncle Sams dime.  But have fun, if you are on Oahu make sure to see the Arizona and Missouri.  Hike Diamondhead and take a trip to Kaneohe Bay.  Eat a dinner at Dukes Canoe Club, the Mai Tai's and Mahi Mahi is great as well as the prime rib.  Moose's usually has a bunch of hot young chics there on the right night.  Get out and tour the island, I have done whale watching, swam with dolphins and sea turtles, snorkeled, etc.  Now I usually just go bing drinking and get lit up at the Halekoa bar then swap sea stories with all the retiree's.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Why would you want be on the internet while in Hawaii?  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've been to hawaii about 30-40 times.  All on Uncle Sams dime.  But have fun, if you are on Oahu make sure to see the Arizona and Missouri.  Hike Diamondhead and take a trip to Kaneohe Bay.  Eat a dinner at Dukes Canoe Club, the Mai Tai's and Mahi Mahi is great as well as the prime rib.  Moose's usually has a bunch of hot young chics there on the right night.  Get out and tour the island, I have done whale watching, swam with dolphins and sea turtles, snorkeled, etc.  Now I usually just go bing drinking and get lit up at the Halekoa bar then swap sea stories with all the retiree's.

Thanks for the tips!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Oh, and leave the crabs on the island.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#11]
If you go to Sandy Beach, stay out of the water. There is a nice beach about 4 miles up the road. If you have military ID you can get onto Bellows AFB and that is a really nice beach to do absolutely nothing at. I believe it's open to all on the weekends. Hanauma Bay is there as well. Kind of nasty with all the tourists but it is still a good place to check out. There is a rifle range right there too. If you keep going up the hill following the road past Hanauma Bay, you make about a 120* turn and start heading downhill, before you get to the next turn, on the left is the rifle range. Nothing spectacular, but it's something. The blow hole is also along that road, just before Sandy Beach. It's a lava tube and the water from the ocean goes into a cave and shoots out the top. Pretty neat if it's really spraying. If you're at the blow hole, facing the ocean, to your right is a trail down the mountain to a cove. It's pretty rocky and depending on how rocky it is, it's a good place to jump in the water. I could go on and on. I've got pics too if you want.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you go to Sandy Beach, stay out of the water. There is a nice beach about 4 miles up the road. If you have military ID you can get onto Bellows AFB and that is a really nice beach to do absolutely nothing at. I believe it's open to all on the weekends. Hanauma Bay is there as well. Kind of nasty with all the tourists but it is still a good place to check out. There is a rifle range right there too. If you keep going up the hill following the road past Hanauma Bay, you make about a 120* turn and start heading downhill, before you get to the next turn, on the left is the rifle range. Nothing spectacular, but it's something. The blow hole is also along that road, just before Sandy Beach. It's a lava tube and the water from the ocean goes into a cave and shoots out the top. Pretty neat if it's really spraying. If you're at the blow hole, facing the ocean, to your right is a trail down the mountain to a cove. It's pretty rocky and depending on how rocky it is, it's a good place to jump in the water. I could go on and on. I've got pics too if you want.

Thanks for the info. Why do you not want to go into the water? I really want to snorkel!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#13]
You going on the cruise right? they have internet service on the ship. Gonna cost ya though. Have fun and remember that you can have 2nds or 3rds of everything at the dinner table. I ate 4 orders of escargot  in one sitting before.

Have fun on the cruise. Hawaiin's are great people.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Have fun. I was there in September and it was probably the best vacation I've ever been on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Why would you want be on the internet while in Hawaii?  

Exactly....unplug.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Sandy Beach

Not a nice place if you don't know how to swim all that well. It's a beautiful beach for tourists to watch some of the best bodysurfing in the world, they see the locals doing it and think, "that's not so bad." BAM! Broken neck, wonderful vacation cut short, hospital bills up the wazoo. I don't know if you've been into the ocean before, but Sandy's isn't the place for a novice. I grew up about 2 miles from there. I was never allowed to go into the water as a kid. We would grill and have bonfires on the beach. I didn't really go into the water there until I was about 12. Even being around the water my whole life, I still needed to get helped out on one occasion. Huge sets started rolling in, I lost my board and couldn't get in. It shook me up a bit for a while. Being hard headed, I never learned and went back and conquered my fear. You need to respect the ocean. It's a lot more powerful than you. If in doubt, don't go out. Cheesy, I know.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey I'm on Maui right now, come on over.  We have been here since last saturday and we are heading home tomorrow.

MDI
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#18]
in hawaii right now on oahu, today was kind of really the first nice day in two weeks. been raining off and on
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Lucky SOB! Have a good time there!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Sandy Beach

Not a nice place if you don't know how to swim all that well. It's a beautiful beach for tourists to watch some of the best bodysurfing in the world, they see the locals doing it and think, "that's not so bad." BAM! Broken neck, wonderful vacation cut short, hospital bills up the wazoo. I don't know if you've been into the ocean before, but Sandy's isn't the place for a novice. I grew up about 2 miles from there. I was never allowed to go into the water as a kid. We would grill and have bonfires on the beach. I didn't really go into the water there until I was about 12. Even being around the water my whole life, I still needed to get helped out on one occasion. Huge sets started rolling in, I lost my board and couldn't get in. It shook me up a bit for a while. Being hard headed, I never learned and went back and conquered my fear. You need to respect the ocean. It's a lot more powerful than you. If in doubt, don't go out. Cheesy, I know.

Got ya! I'll stay away from that!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Crap! We are leaving 1st thing in the morning and I have not started to pack! I better get my butt off here and get packing!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Remember if I die on this trip you all can divi up my guns and gear!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#22]
They don't like no stinking Haoles ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haole
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah but we love da stinkin tourists. Mo money brah!

Seriously though, Sandy Beach is pretty cool if it is calm enough but one of the best beaches on Oahu is in Kailua.  Make the drive around the east end of the island past Hanauma Bay, Sandys, Mokapu and Bellows and enjoy Kailua.  There are a lot of very good restaurants in this little bedroom community.  Be sure and get some cookies at "Chip and Cookies" which is owned and operated by the formerly "Famous Amos".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top