Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/15/2007 8:08:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2007 8:08:53 PM EDT by fadedsun]
Since the EPA is a bunch of tards, from 2006/2007 onwards whenever you punch the accelerator on your diesel truck there won't be any black smoke coming from the tailpipe

Bunch of Godless commies, messing with perfectly good eco-friendly engines...

Whenever I punch my accelerator (Often, too) I am rewarded with an abundance of black sooty smoke.

I'm gonna miss you
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:12:34 PM EDT
This country is going to hell in a handbag... and fast...

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:51:43 PM EDT
I know what you mean. I am waiting on my 08 Mega cab Dually with the 6.7. Mods are non-existent and smoke is a joke with the dpf and 25% egr. Dont even get the lifetime warranty on it.

Ill miss my 05 5.9. The Prius guys hate me...

picture sucks, I know.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:25:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Since the EPA is a bunch of tards, from 2006/2007 onwards whenever you punch the accelerator on your diesel truck there won't be any black smoke coming from the tailpipe

Whenever I punch my accelerator (Often, too) I am rewarded with an abundance of black sooty smoke.

I'm gonna miss you

I used to work for a sprinkler company, and we carried our heavy equipment in an old 21 foot straight truck we got at auction from U-Haul. This thing had a million miles on in and was wheezing its way through the end of its life.

The truck had a bad gasket and would slowly blow oil into the valve covers as you drove. This was not a problem in city driving, it just burned off. But on the highway, the oil would build up and when you finally braked hard, the oil would go WHOOSH!!!!!! and obscure the front of the truck in a HUGE cloud of smoke.

This came to a head while we were working on a job an hour and a half from home, all highway. We would cruise the whole way home at 54 mph (governed top speed) and then when we rolled up our offramp to go home, we'd stop at the light and WHOOSH, the huge cloud of smoke every time.

This was funny because there was a "Hare Krishna" type who sold flowers at that very corner, and we'd always get him with the cloud and then drive off when the light changed, leaving him choking and barely visible. We got him four or five days in a row before he started looking for us, and he'd literally run for it when he saw/heard us come roaring up.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:27:40 PM EDT

Do you have a link to a news article or something explaining whatever it is you're talking about?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:33:18 PM EDT
heh in md, diesels are emissions exempt
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:34:02 PM EDT

I'm gonna miss you
I have no problem with that,if my Freightliner smoked like that pic,the DOT would shut me down pronto. There's no reason why a modern diesel should smoke like that anyway,hell,that reminds me of the old Detroit 2 strokers.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:48:21 PM EDT
The ricers of diesel trucks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:56:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MillerSHO:
The ricers of diesel trucks.

The F-350 I often drive will dump sooty smoke when I hammer it to get up to freeway speeds provided I've been driving mundanely around the streets. It happens whether or not I intend to, as diesel exhaust is typically low pressure, allowing soot to settle, so that when the throttle is opened wide, and pressure increases the soot is blown out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:24:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MattyMattel:

I'm gonna miss you
I have no problem with that,if my Freightliner smoked like that pic,the DOT would shut me down pronto. There's no reason why a modern diesel should smoke like that anyway,hell,that reminds me of the old Detroit 2 strokers.

It hasn't been a problem for the past 115 years the diesel has been used...why would i tbe a problem now?

I Know my diesel is happy when it gives a good puff of soot.

The EPA responded to the Asthmatic's claim that diesel soot was hurting them....pffttt...
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:26:15 AM EDT

I'm gonna miss you

It hasn't been a problem for the past 115 years the diesel has been used...why would i tbe a problem now?

The EPA responded to the Asthmatic's claim that diesel soot was hurting them....pffttt...
Well,for starters,use big truck drivers haven't smoked like that in over 15-20 years. Not since electronic engine controls were introduced. It pisses me off,when the average price of a big truck goes up 5k,due to all the pollution controls,and then a nearly new pickup goes by pouring all that black sooty smoke out the tailpipe. That soot is the result of incomplete combustion. Wise up,cause the EPA folks are starting to notice(and so are the DOTs in some states)
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:11:20 AM EDT
black smoke=wasted power and fuel
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:33:10 AM EDT

I'm gonna miss you

i have asthma and i like the big black puff o soot
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:40:52 AM EDT
I thought at was going to happen years ago right after they removed the lead from gasoline.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:42:04 AM EDT
My 03 F-250 diesel does not smoke - except when I have the Edge Module turned up ....
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:32:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By azsavage:
My 03 F-250 diesel does not smoke - except when I have the Edge Module turned up ....

My 80 diesel benz smokes like a fiend when running at night...when RUNNING. When accelerating and there are headlights behind it you can see a TON of smoke.

During the day you only see smoke when I'm accelerating hard.

In the winter? Pfft, I have my own survival system-smoke signals.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:07:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By azsavage:

My 80 diesel benz smokes like a fiend when running at night...when RUNNING. When accelerating and there are headlights behind it you can see a TON of smoke.

During the day you only see smoke when I'm accelerating hard.

In the winter? Pfft, I have my own survival system-smoke signals.
Yep,mechanical fuel injection,almost a guaranteed smoker,also,when Mercedes was built like no other,probably the toughest car on the planet.
Top Top