Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:50:09 PM EDT
After reading from one member that Clinton was the cause 60% of the country's problems and was single-handedly responsible for 9/11, I'm anxious to hear some things.  Here's what I'd like each of you to do:

Obviously, the 1994 AWB directly affected all of us.  Besides that, how did Clinton's tenure as president harm you personally while he was sitting POTUS?

I AM PUTTING THE LIST UP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Not enough military spending
2. Selling us out to China
3. Bad economic policy(awaiting reasoning)
4. Veto ANWR drilling
5. "Castrated" CIA(awaiting reasoning)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
He severely weakened MY military

He undermined our social morals getting his dick blown in the Oral Office

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Treason is my biggest issue with the prick. He sold us out ot china.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah, I though about this after I posted.  Since the Monica deal can't exactly hurt you as far as freedom goes, you can express your disapproval of it but I don't really count it as harming you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Im sure he wasnt the first or will be the last. that is the least of the worries with him I would think.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to keep a list going.  We've got

1. Ignoring military needs
2.  Selling out to China
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#6]
His economic policy was total shit, we are still feeling the effects.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Lieing to the American people and getting away with it

Lieing under Oath and getting away with it
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#8]
He vetoed drilling ANWR, the motherfucker.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You've got to elaborate, man!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#10]
He taught our kids that it was OK to act like a POS and then lie about it while holding the highest office in the land.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#11]
He brought his spouse to the national limelight, nuff said

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#12]
He castrated the C.I.A.

He embarrassed a nation with his lies, poor integrity, and poor ethics.

He helped the Gay movement in the Military by his don't ask, don't tell policy.

As far as I am concerned he has been almost the absolute worst U.S. President in the history of this nation.   I'm not sure I know of one worse.

I am so embarrassed to say he was my president.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#13]
He inflicted Chelsea's homely ass upon the American public....

I will never fogive him for that....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
He castrated the C.I.A.

He embarrassed a nation with his lies, poor integrity, and poor ethics.

He helped the Gay movement in the Military by his don't ask, don't tell policy.

As far as I am concerned he has been almost the absolute worst U.S. President in the history of this nation.   I'm not sure I know of one worse.

I am so embarrassed to say he was my president.

Reasons!!  Explain the CIA claim and how don't ask don't tell hurt the military.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#15]

He brokered the largest tax increase in world history, gutted the military, let islamotrash run freely thruout the world, led the country into even more serious moral decline, let us be played for fools by the North Koreans, sold out secrets to China. I could think of more.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He brokered the largest tax increase in world history, gutted the military, let islamotrash run freely thruout the world, led the country into even more serious moral decline, let us be played for fools by the North Koreans, sold out secrets to China. I could think of more.

What did his tax increase result in you spending over normal amounts?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

2.  Selling out to China

are you going to add:

a) cheating on your wife
b) using someone else's daughter as a jizz dumpster at a public office while on the taxpayer's dime

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2.  Selling out to China

are you going to add:

a) cheating on your wife
b) using someone else's daughter as a jizz dumpster at a public office while on the taxpayer's dime

Read the first post, I'm adding it up there as I go.  I don't consider those two as affecting your personal freedom.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Gutted the US military which we have been trying to rebuilt since 9-11. Sold MY country out to China. Disgraced the office of the president. Hell I could write a term paper on this but I have other better things to do tonight.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We went into a recession in the last months of his second term. Do you disagree that that recession still affects us today? If Bush hadn't made tax cuts, we would be totally fucked.

ETA:  His high taxes were what put us into that recession. That and allowing a bullshit stock market to run rampant.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We went into a recession in the last months of his second term. Do you disagree that that recession still affects us today? If Bush hadn't made tax cuts, we would be totally fucked.

First of all, the President doesn't really determine the economy.  The Federal Reserve along with Greenspan and friends do much more.  

Clinton happened to be President while technology(see internet) made leaps and bounds, resulting in an entirely new market for people across the country.  Virtually anyone could start a business and market their product.  That happened throughout the 90's and slowed down as he was leaving.  

I do no believe that Bush's tax cust did anything for the economy except plunge the government into even more debt which WILL come to bite us in the ass.

ETA: was he supposed to tell the stock market to stop going up or something?  The recession started by the stock market bubble bursting, not taxes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2.  Selling out to China

are you going to add:

a) cheating on your wife

Read the first post, I'm adding it up there as I go.  I don't consider those two as affecting your personal freedom.

You asked, "how did Clinton's tenure as president harm you personally while he was sitting POTUS?"

Mr. Clinton set an example for the youth of this country that affects you, me and everyone else.

Unless you have no problem with shitting on marriage vows or elected officials using interns as personal sperm receptacles (is it ok if it's somebody else's daughter?) then it most certainly does impact how people gauge what is right and what is wrong.

See "New Orleans" for an example of people led by ideals bereft of morality.

ETA: People who live up to (or down to) Clintons example impact all of society, and not in a positive sense. They leech off those who work to build a better world. Setting his policies aside, I think Bill Clinton disgraced the office of the President moreso than any other individual since the inception of the colonies.

I would trust the French before I would believe a word from William Jefferson Clinton.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#23]
His attorney general used the RICO laws to illegally prevent pro-life protestors from demonstrating outside abortion clinics

AG Reno ordered the assault on the BD compound in Waco that killed dozens of children

She sent Elian Gonzales whose mother died bringing him to the US for a better life back to Cuba

Tried to socialize the American health system

Pardoned Marc Rich. His brother and brother-in-law brokered other last-minute presidential pardons in exchange for cash.

Cleaned out the White House and AF One of just about anything embossed with the presidential seal.  That's all public property.

Used public property (the White House) to fund raise for the Democratic party by selling overnight stays in the Lincoln Bedroom.

Lifted all sorts of restrictions of technology sales to China in exchange for donations to the Democratic Party.

Refused to equip US forces with armor and gunships in the hostile city of Mogadishu; After 19 soldiers were killed in an ambush he ran away and blamed it on Les Aspin.

Raised no objections or lifted a finger to stop the Rwandan genocide

Refused to do anything about Osama Bin Laden because he couldn't see how he could be tried in a court of law (killing him was of course out of the question).
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I had to discuss blow jobs with my daughter LONG before she was old enough.  That hurt me personally.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Dude, why don't you just come out and say that you don't think Clinton did anything to hurt America?  Isn't that the point you're feebly trying to make?  State your fooking opinion and move on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#26]
He kept me from realizing my personal dream of working in an asprin factory in Sudan.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Dude, why don't you just come out and say that you don't think Clinton did anything to hurt America?  Isn't that the point you're feebly trying to make?  State your fooking opinion and move on.

Is there a single president that didn't have negatives along with positives?  

There's too much "Bush is perfect, Clinton is the anti-Christ" going on
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First of all, the President doesn't really determine the economy.  The Federal Reserve along with Greenspan and friends do much more.  

Clinton happened to be President while technology(see internet) made leaps and bounds, resulting in an entirely new market for people across the country.  Virtually anyone could start a business and market their product.  That happened throughout the 90's and slowed down as he was leaving.  

I do no believe that Bush's tax cust did anything for the economy except plunge the government into even more debt which WILL come to bite us in the ass.

ETA: was he supposed to tell the stock market to stop going up or something?  The recession started by the stock market bubble bursting, not taxes.

Look at it however you like, but part of Clinton's legacy is that he left office with the economy in a recession.

There are two mechanisms that the .gov uses to control the economy. You are right that the Fed is in charge of one them, the money supply. The other is what is known as fiscal policy. Fiscal policy is where the .gov uses taxation and spending to manipulate the economy. That part was Clinton's responsibility. Why do you want to let him off the hook for it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#29]
+1000  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I think he did in his first post unless you read something I didn't? And don't see any reason to get pissed off at him for saying it.  If he feels that way than he feels that way.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#31]
^^^^^^^^^

I don't really have a problem with multi-hundred-million dollar government surpluses.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
^^^^^^^^^

I don't really have a problem with multi-hundred-million dollar government surpluses.

Even if it is terrible for the overall economy? Why?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
^^^^^^^^^

If I had the choice between a small recession(which is natural anyway in the busniness cycle) and a government surplus, I'd choose the surplus.  Our debt is going to kick all our asses in a couple of decades.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
^^^^^^^^^

If I had the choice between a small recession(which is natural anyway in the busniness cycle) and a government surplus, I'd choose the surplus.

We disagree.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
^^^^^^^^^

If I had the choice between a small recession(which is natural anyway in the busniness cycle) and a government surplus, I'd choose the surplus.

We disagree.

Do you agree that our trillions in debt will harm us eventually?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Treason is my biggest issue with the prick. He sold us out ot china.

+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#37]
He fucked up the educational standards and lowered the standards so bad that idiots like me were able to pass without trying, he also had teachers teaching us "politically correct" horseshit in school.  To give you an idea, I'm a day short of 21, I was a Junior in HS when Bush got into office, so I put up with Clinton's effects on my school for a very, very long time.  Mostly I remember a huge lowering of standards in school in general, both in terms of grades, in terms of conduct and in terms of what teachers could get away with.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2.  Selling out to China

are you going to add:

a) cheating on your wife

You asked, "how did Clinton's tenure as president harm you personally while he was sitting POTUS?"

Mr. Clinton set an example for the youth of this country that affects you, me and everyone else.

Unless you have no problem with shitting on marriage vows or elected officials using interns as personal sperm receptacles (is it ok if it's somebody else's daughter?) then it most certainly does impact how people gauge what is right and what is wrong.

See "New Orleans" for an example of people led by ideals bereft of morality.

ETA: People who live up to (or down to) Clintons example impact all of society, and not in a positive sense. They leech off those who work to build a better world. Setting his policies aside, I think Bill Clinton disgraced the office of the President moreso than any other individual since the inception of the colonies.

I would trust the French before I would believe a word from William Jefferson Clinton.

*punt*

waiting for a response on if marriage vows are a joke and if other people's daughters are nothing more than human kleenex for politicians.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
^^^^^^^^^

We disagree.

Do you agree that our trillions in debt will harm us eventually?

It is not good. I think that we should rollback the clock to the times before that traitorous FDR bastard put us on this sinking ship. It is just  a matter of time since the New Deal to the end of this country.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I had to discuss blow jobs with my daughter LONG before she was old enough.  That hurt me personally.

Truly, truly troubling.....if the Pres of the US causes this dialogue to to arise in our households...well, how can it get worse.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
*punt*

waiting for a response on if marriage vows are a joke and if other people's daughters are nothing more than human kleenex for politicians.

Sorry,
 Let me check my divorce rates right here, ok 50%.  And what was the result of that general discussion poll on if you cheated or not?  What he did was bad news.  Are you perfect?  Is Bush perfect?  Had he not done that what would you think of him?  And as far as the kleenex description, isn't your wife or girlfriend someone's daughter?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, they're all politicians, so they suck hairy moose cock by virtue of their chosen field.  The questions for me is:  Which of the two is a better smelling turd.  Clearly, Bush.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, they're all politicians, so they suck hairy moose cock by virtue of their chosen field.  The questions for me is:  Which of the two is a better smelling turd.  Clearly, Bush.

Woah!  I completely agree!  Except I'll have to say Clinton was better, but mainly because he was around while the country was going through economic expansion not seen since the roaring 20's.  

Things just took a turn for the worst as soon as Bush took office.  I think he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Clinton was in the right place at the right time.

ETA: I also think Bush has made some bad decisions in reaction to 9/11.  Instead of examining why it happened and pushing for an end to foreign energy reliance, he's just stirred the pot and keeps on allowing billions into countries like Saudi Arabia and friends.  And what about illegal immigrants?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Taught the children about "oral-anal sex"

Ruined the thought of a cigar
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
*punt*

Sorry,
 Let me check my divorce rates right here, ok 50%.  And what was the result of that general discussion poll on if you cheated or not?  What he did was bad news.  Are you perfect?  Is Bush perfect?  Had he not done that what would you think of him?  And as far as the kleenex description, isn't your wife or girlfriend someone's daughter?

Do you cheat on your gf or wife? Do you approve or excuse away anyone else who does? Do you know the meaning of the word integrity?

I submit that Bill Clinton does not, and that damaged our country when he did so IN OFFICE.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woah!  I completely agree!  Except I'll have to say Clinton was better, but mainly because he was around while the country was going through economic expansion not seen since the roaring 20's.  

Things just took a turn for the worst as soon as Bush took office.  I think he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Clinton was in the right place at the right time.

ETA: I also think Bush has made some bad decisions in reaction to 9/11.  Instead of examining why it happened and pushing for and end to foreign energy reliance, he's just stirred the pot and keeps on allowing billions into countries like Saudi Arabia and friends.  And what about illegal immigrants?

1. Whoa, I wouldn't mix why 9/11 happened with foreign energy reliance.
2. Right place at the right time for Clinton to get the credit for our economic prosperity....YES.  Deserving of it due to his economic policies...hell no.  
3.  Which economic policy of Clinton's led to the stock market boom of the 90's?  Man, it was good money being invested in the highly speculative tech industry.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: I also think Bush has made some bad decisions in reaction to 9/11.  Instead of examining why it happened and pushing for and end to foreign energy reliance, he's just stirred the pot and keeps on allowing billions into countries like Saudi Arabia and friends.  And what about illegal immigrants?

2. Right place at the right time for Clinton to get the credit for our economic prosperity....YES.  Deserving of it due to his economic policies...hell no.  
3.  Which economic policy of Clinton's led to the stock market boom of the 90's?  Man, it was good money being invested in the highly speculative tech industry.  

You really don't believe the Arab nation's hatred of us is related to our always being in their business due to our need for oil.  That and Israel, but I don't have a problem with supporting Israel.

And like I've said, the president has nothing to do with the economy!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You really don't believe the Arab nation's hatred of us is related to our always being in their business due to our need for oil.  That and Israel, but I don't have a problem with supporting Israel.

And like I've said, the president has nothing to do with the economy!

There's the middle eastern people dislike for US troop on their soil, and then there's the terrorists. The all suck, IMHO, but there's definitely a distinction.

"They don't like us b/c we need their oil."  Well, I hate them b/c we do.  My God, if we didn't need their oil then what.  What would that asscrack part of the world be if it weren't for oil consuming nations buying their oil.  It's not the oil that motivates their feelings.  Christ, it's the ONLY leverage they have over us.  No, it's their society in general.   They kill....eachother, us, whoever gets in their way.

I ask you this:  Paint the picture of the middle east WHEN we tell them to go fuck themselves b/c we don't need their oil anymore.  You're a middle easterner....now what?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow, this is a new and exciting topic.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top