Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2002 4:56:02 PM EDT
If I have to listen to any more of these lame artists.  I drive sometimes 65+ miles a day and usually listen to the tunes, but as of late they've been playing crap.  These artists make me want to pull my gun out and blow my head off [:)], but luckily I can change stations or insert CD! [:D]

1. Janet Jackson (She takes the cake, she sounds like a squealing pig!)
2. N Sync
3. Ja Rule
4. Justin Timberlake
5. Britney Spears

There are more, but I can't think of them at the moment.  What artist or song makes yo sick?
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
All of the above, plus most lame country crap (don't bother I've heard the lame excuses for it before) and most R&B, rap, etc.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Save yourself some ammo and angst.

Buy a cd player.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't bother with radio... those airwaves are paid for with the likes of the garbage you've listed.  I can't even list any 'radio' artists... I never listen.  

Instead of the radio, start out your trip with the new Korn or Black Label Society CD... Intead of sick of Britney Spears, you'll start thinking about all the things you'd like to 'do' to her... [;)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I got really tired of popular music & started listening to talk radio. Conservative shows like Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Shawn Hannety, etc. Now I'm hooked. About the only music I can stand is some classic country & some classic hard rock.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#8]
If you are in the Lexington area try 103.3.  They just changed their format on Memorial Day to 70's and 80's rock.  Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Metallica.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#9]
SWIRE, I listen to Z103 all the time when school is going on, but I live south of Lexington close to TN.  BTW, is Sticky, Freak Daddy and Jill still on the morning show?  I heard on the news that Z103 was bought out and they are not there any longer.  Is this true?  They were great!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't know where your at but The Fox 100.5 out of Louisville is a good rock station and ditto Z103.3 in Lexington, WKQQ 100.1 is good also unless you were lucky enough to hear em in the 70's and 80's and then they won't quite measure up to previous standards anymore.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
SWIRE, I listen to Z103 all the time when school is going on, but I live south of Lexington close to TN.  BTW, is Sticky, Freak Daddy and Jill still on the morning show?  I heard on the news that Z103 was bought out and they are not there any longer.  Is this true?  They were great!
View Quote

I'm not sure, as I didn't listen to that station before they changed the format and I haven't caught the names of the current DJs.  I don't think they have a morning show, just one guy playing music.  Before they switched, I got so sick of the radio that I just kept it off.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All of the above, plus most lame country crap (don't bother I've heard the lame excuses for it before) and most R&B, rap, etc.
View Quote

On the coast side of the bay, there is NO country radio.  If you like country, as opposed to Nashville/Vegas BS, try [url]www.khyi.com[/url]...best country music in north TX & lots of Austin stuff.  Satudray morning is drinkin'/cheatin' music.  Tasty stuff.

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.glennbeck.com
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
http://www.glennbeck.com
View Quote

Try this Dave, [url]http://www.glennbeck.com[/url], instead of "<>" use "[]"
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#15]
102.9 in Nashville has a great format if you can get it. I can pick it up all the way to Decatur Alabama while I drive 65 miles to work so you might luck out too.

They play alternative. POD, Drowning Pool, Soundgarten, Alice in Chains, etc. Never any POP!

30,000+ miles a year just going to the salt mine. I feel you dog.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Two words: Sattelite radio.
View Quote

XM sattelite radio!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If I have to listen to any more of these lame artists.  I drive sometimes 65+ miles a day and usually listen to the tunes, but as of late they've been playing crap.  These artists make me want to pull my gun out and blow my head off [:)], but luckily I can change stations or insert CD! [:D]

1. Janet Jackson (She takes the cake, she sounds like a squealing pig!)
2. N Sync
3. Ja Rule
4. Justin Timberlake
5. Britney Spears

There are more, but I can't think of them at the moment.  What artist or song makes yo sick?
View Quote

KORN, LimpBizkit, Lincoln Park, Chili Peppers. GAD! Talk about garbage! Although, this is my opinion.
AB
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Pangea, I can pick it up somewhat in Bowling Green, but it's fuzzy!  SWIRE, that sucks that Z103 has changed their format to 70,80's.  I like the new stuff in the morning.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey!!! I like JaRule!!! I agree with the rest though.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two words: Sattelite radio.
View Quote

XM sattelite radio!
View Quote

I heard that XM Satellite radio has great reception in the hills.  I was only in KY once (twice, if you count the way back), but I think I remember there being a hill or two.  

Oh yeah, and lots of people making their tires squeal on the curves, and plenty of cars abandoned by the roadside (some evidently there for quite a while), and oh yeah, that waitress in the coffee shop for whom I couldn't convince the folks to stay in town overnight....
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#21]
If you DO off yourself, can I have your stuff?

Balming
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn, when I first clicked on this thread, I thought I was going to have to reason with someone who was sitting with an AR barrel underneath their chin!!! LOL.

But seriously, I agree about the music. I am so sick of all of these pop artists taking up vaulable on the air time. I suppose the teenage girls make up such an audience that they just eat this stuff up though. I can't think of any other market for it.

Now that I think of it....I dislike most modern music. I am not that old either, only in my 20's. The music of the 60's, 70's, 80's and for the first half of the 90's was great. What happened since then? I mean everything sounds all weird anymore. I can't stand it be it country, pop, rock (if there is still a category called rock) or whatever style. I can listen to a little Creed without hurling but that's about it. What the hell has happened to music?

I blame all of this on Nirvana and that grunge crap. Rock died when this started. I mean 75% of so called rock bands these days don't even use guitar solos in their songs. How can you not use solos? LOL.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Ilikelegs, I listen to whatever tunes in besides country.  In this area the majority of the stuff is pop/rock which plays Creed, Dave Matthews, RES, etc...  Its not all that bad, but......[:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

LimpBizkit, Lincoln Park,
View Quote

im suprised somone that knows its spelled "bizkit" dosent also know is "linkin" not "lincoln"

im just messin though, linkin park, no matter how you spell is it a bunch of cry baby shit
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#27]
The sad thing is if your not a big country fan, girly stations is all there is(with just a few minor exceptions)around here.[puke]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I know what you mean about "modern" music. And I don't think I'm just turning into a grumpy old fart. Whether it be so-called rock, pop, country, or whatever, the canned manufactured music of today just plain sucks.

On my way home from work in the morning, I usually enjoy listening to the Bob Rivers show on KZOK 102.5 in Seattle.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll agree with the talk radio. Quit listening to music on the radio when the gulf war was going on and never turned back.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#30]
im sorry to any classic rock guys here. i mean i love classic rock (eagles, seager, ect..) but im so sick of weak ass bad company (especially "joe fabulous") and anything by stix or rush when im pumped up at work on a stream of metallica, ACDC,and GnR.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Mattsd, I like that song "Whiskey in a Jar" by Metallica, that will get your blood flowing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top