Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2002 5:40:50 PM EDT
Well not really, but this buyback program has really given me a good idea.  Has anyone thought about buying a bunch of junk guns and selling them to the NYC policeman for $100 each?  Do they have limits on the amount you can sell or giveaway?  I think it would be funny to walk in with a whole truck load of junk guns and request $100 each.  It would also be a wise investment. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Double, might just do that if he is looking for a ton (literally) of Raven .25's. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have often thought that.

Around here at auction you can buy old rusted antique pistols for 10-30 dollars depending? Maybe we could start a gun laundering fund drive

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe it looks like a good idea on its  face, but the additional attention that the BATF's Multiple Handgun Purchase form attracts is not worth the risk.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
a guy at work did that a few years ago. they got a ton of junk guns and had his friends son bring them in..i think they got $50-75 per gun.  heheh.  now he's getting junk guns to replace a friends collection who is getting divorced..it seemd the soon to be ex wife just counted the guns and not the serial #'s.  pretty funny.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Customer of mine...
BO Young,
Son of Former Atlanta Mayor/"minister" (and ANTI_GUN DEMOCRAT), Andrew Young. Said (Note I am quoting to the best of my ability)"Yeah I would come home and the Rifles I bought for $400 would be sold to the Church Buy-Back Program for $50-$75, The money would be laying on my bed. The only thing was The Head Preacher and I would go to shoot sometime and I would notice my own rifles in his awesome big big big big big... collection(Did I mention that his Collection was Big?)"

If I were  criminal, I would love the Government to destroy the evidence for me and give me $50-$75 bucks at the sametime.... THANKS SLICK _WILLY

[uzi]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I had an old worn out, sawed off Mossberg bolt action 12 gauge I sold for a $50 gift certificate to Home Depot. Old man in front of me was turning in a pristine Smith Chiefs. I offered him $75 right at the turn in table... you should have seen the look on the officers faces. Priceless![:D]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had an old worn out, sawed off Mossberg bolt action 12 gauge I sold for a $50 gift certificate to Home Depot. Old man in front of me was turning in a pristine Smith Chiefs. I offered him $75 right at the turn in table... you should have seen the look on the officers faces. Priceless![:D]
View Quote

The question is....did he sell you the gun?

medcop
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:47:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The question is....did he sell you the gun?

medcop
View Quote

Nah... if he had sold it to me it would have crowned the story, I wouldn't have left that out! We had a big discussion about it and I pointed out that cash was much better than a gift certificate, and that the Suburban Armory was 1 block down the street to do the transfer all legal like. He seemed ready to go, then his woman chimed in about how guns were bad and should be off the street and the cops gave their best disapproving looks. It's sad to see a man devoid of testosterone, so many "yes dears" and "of course dears". Anyway... he wound up turning it in. I'm sure that one of those cops has it on his ankle today.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Wouldn't NY's Sullivan Act prevent the purchase of the trade weapons in the first place ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry fellas, the limit is (3) guns if I remember correctly. Let me know you're coming if you wish to get rid of your Kimber 1911's, Preban Colt AR15's, and H&K MP5's that you happen to have laying around and would like disposed of for $100 each!
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I always wondered if these organizations needed an FFL to do these buy backs.

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Make some zip or potato guns and clean New York out...
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:55:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I always wondered if these organizations needed an FFL to do these buy backs.

View Quote

Well, as I read federal law they do. In practice they don't, because BATF refuses to prosecute the clear violations of the law.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#17]
They were going to do a gun buyback here... I told the local head LEO I was going to park out front with a big sign, and out bid them by a few bucks, but only for the good stuff.  They could buy the junk.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#18]
bigdb1 Re:
'The question is....did he sell you the gun?'

" He seemed ready to go, then his woman chimed in about how guns were bad and should be off the street and the cops gave their best disapproving looks. It's sad to see a man devoid of testosterone, so many "yes dears" and "of course dears"."

What are the chances that this ball-less wonder drove off in a minivan or SUV?  The vehicles of choice for castrated surburbanite males (not 'men')& their controlling bitch brood sow wives to haul their snot nosed darlings to soccer practice. [puke]

"Anyway... he wound up turning it in. I'm sure that one of those cops has it on his ankle today."

Likely to be used as a throw down since there is no paper trail....  
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
bigdb1 Re:
'The question is....did he sell you the gun?'

" He seemed ready to go, then his woman chimed in about how guns were bad and should be off the street and the cops gave their best disapproving looks. It's sad to see a man devoid of testosterone, so many "yes dears" and "of course dears"."

What are the chances that this ball-less wonder drove off in a minivan or SUV?  The vehicles of choice for castrated surburbanite males (not 'men')& their controlling bitch brood sow wives to haul their snot nosed darlings to soccer practice. [puke]

"Anyway... he wound up turning it in. I'm sure that one of those cops has it on his ankle today."

Likely to be used as a throw down since there is no paper trail....  
View Quote

There you go, stereotyping minivan owners. I happen to have VERY big balls. [:D] And I can pack a whole lot of black guns in mine. The "covertness" of a minivan is priceless!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#20]
albob:

"There you go, stereotyping minivan owners. I happen to have VERY big balls.  And I can pack a whole lot of black guns in mine. The "covertness" of a minivan is priceless!"

You sir must be the exception to the rule.  I can appreciate the whole 'wolf in sheep clothing' bit, being a big fan of 'sleeper' hotrods (plain jane 4door sedans with big block V8s...)[}:D]  Do you further the camo with Gore-Lieberman & other liberal BS bumper stickers?  A "My President is Charlton Heston" NRA sticker kinda negates the whole covertness plan.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#21]
About seven years ago a small town in the Valley here had a gun buy back project one day. They weren’t paying cash but rather a $50 gift certificate for sports footwear equipment redeemable at a local sporting goods store.  My brother and I slung our AR’s over our shoulders. He had a piece of shit Lorcin and I had a chrome Raven not worth $10 stashed in our pockets.
I’ll never forget Sheriff Joe’s finest from the MCSO watching us with jaws dropped as we approached the table where the transactions were taking place.
When it was our turn to process out we reached into our pockets and plunked down the POS pistols. The sheriffs approached us and asked about the AR’s we told them we were on our way out to target practice and we weren’t trading them. They were visibly pissed being that we were in front of the media. So then they trumped up questions about the cheap pistols concealed on our persons.
Things really went to Hell for them when we both produced our CCW (they had just become available then).
I’ll never forget that day.
The icing on the cake was at the very end of the whole deal when the town manager, news paper weenies, sheriffs and all were gathered around watching the commotion when my brother hollered out “Thanks, but I don't need any tennis shoes now so I’m transferring the store gift certificate to my brother here”  
So I replied “Thanks! $50 worth of ammo from (STORE X) was a nice gesture little brother, here have my certificate for the same”

… Oh man if looks could kill. Funny thing, that town has never conducted a buy back program since.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you further the camo with Gore-Lieberman & other liberal BS bumper stickers?  A "My President is Charlton Heston" NRA sticker kinda negates the whole covertness plan.  

One sticker, An American flag. AB

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
About seven years ago a small town in the Valley here had a gun buy back project one day. They weren’t paying cash but rather a $50 gift certificate for sports footwear equipment redeemable at a local sporting goods store.  My brother and I slung our AR’s over our shoulders. He had a piece of shit Lorcin and I had a chrome Raven not worth $10 stashed in our pockets.
I’ll never forget Sheriff Joe’s finest from the MCSO watching us with jaws dropped as we approached the table where the transactions were taking place.
When it was our turn to process out we reached into our pockets and plunked down the POS pistols. The sheriffs approached us and asked about the AR’s we told them we were on our way out to target practice and we weren’t trading them. They were visibly pissed being that we were in front of the media. So then they trumped up questions about the cheap pistols concealed on our persons.
Things really went to Hell for them when we both produced our CCW (they had just become available then).
The icing on the cake was at the very end of the whole deal when the town manager, news paper weenies, sheriffs and all were gathered around watching the commotion when my brother hollered out “Thanks, but I don't need any tennis shoes now so I’m transferring the store gift certificate to my brother here”  
So I replied “Thanks! $50 worth of ammo from (STORE X) was a nice gesture little brother, here have my certificate for the same”

… Oh man if looks could kill. Funny thing, that town has never conducted a buy back program since.
View Quote

LOL!!!Dude, you are now my hero.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL!...that is just plain ....COOL!

medcop
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:13:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey RiffRandal,

I've got a minivan.  It's great for hauling my shooting gear to the range. My kids play rec-league soccer and have a lot of fun doing it.

And, by the way, why don't you go get a nice cup of shut the fuck up?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top