Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:29:52 AM EST
I want to get my wife, family and friends some gifts while in Jerusalem. For those who've been there, what are the best gifts (with the best prices) and where do you get them? I know there are prayer shaws, wood carvings, and textiles. But what would be really cool to buy (legally of course) that can be brought back stateside ??

Thanks for the info !!
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:31:18 AM EST
Can you bring back a Tavor for me?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:34:04 AM EST
I'll take one of the 20+(~) yo IDF chickysnaxs, please and thank you!
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:34:58 AM EST
Originally Posted By turkeyman:
I want to get my wife, family and friends some gifts while in Jerusalem. For those who've been there, what are the best gifts (with the best prices) and where do you get them? I know there are prayer shaws, wood carvings, and textiles. But what would be really cool to buy (legally of course) that can be brought back stateside ??

Thanks for the info !!

[soup nazi] No assault rifle for you [soup nazi]
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:36:46 AM EST
I hear you can pickup genuine IMI Mdl A Uzis for a dime a dozen....I'll paypal you a couple hundred bucks and you can pick me up a couple, ok?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:42:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By RED_5:

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:45:53 AM EST
They sell these silver bracelets with red string inside which is a good luck type charm, they also give the red string bracelet (no silver) away free at the wall (ask)

They have these sandals called Naot, which are awesome, last forever, and they have different variations

dead sea products are good can be fun...

Marzipan Bakery - 8 Yozma St P O B28005 Tel 972 2 6234587 Fax 6233364 Jerusalem 94301 Il, Israel (I think this is it) (get a minimum of 5-10lbs chocolate rugala (pastry) to take home, I have had nothing like them ever)

http://www.marzipanbakery.com/

––-

Get a "shawarma in a laffa" if you have never had one

––––––

have fun and enjoy your time there
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:56:04 AM EST
+1 on the IDF woman.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:57:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By RED_5:

one for me too please.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:01:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By SigSauerNY:

Get a "shawarma in a laffa" if you have never had one

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3300/3227220350_2ec459a0a4.jpg?v=0

––––––

have fun and enjoy your time there

Oh man I love those things. I ate a bunch in Israel.

Whatever you buy, since you are from the US you will get ripped off. I suggest bringing an Israeli friend if you have any. I WAY overpaid on my stuff (realized after-the fact).

When you walk into a shop, they'll say "you from US? Everything fifty percent!" because we don't know how to haggle. You'll still overpay :)
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:17:21 AM EST
Little off topic, when I went to a shopping outlet in NJ, nearly every Jewish person I saw (Hasidic) had bags of Crocs (4-5 pairs each).

Asked the crocs salesperson and he told me they resell them when they go to Israel for 3-4 times what the the MSRP cost here.
Top Top