Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/10/2005 7:34:02 PM EDT
So I just finish reading the other spider thread and decide to take the dog out for his nightly walk. Anyway, been having problems finding black widows building webs around the outside of my garage lately, literally killed prolly a dozen or more in the past 3 weeks, so I always check for new ones nightly. See this one right next to the gutter, picture doesn't do it justice it was definately the biggest one I've seen to date. Sprayed it with wasp/hornet spray (thats all I've got right now), and went to get something I could swat at it with and it was gone..............
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:35:24 PM EDT
fire!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:36:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jasba:
So I just finish reading the other spider thread and decide to take the dog out for his nightly walk. Anyway, been having problems finding black widows building webs around the outside of my garage lately, literally killed prolly a dozen or more in the past 3 weeks, so I always check for new ones nightly. See this one right next to the gutter, picture doesn't do it justice it was definately the biggest one I've seen to date. Sprayed it with wasp/hornet spray (thats all I've got right now), and went to get something I could swat at it with and it was gone..............img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/jasba/Asst.jpg

FOOL! The wasp spray gives them wings!! Now the damn thing is out there flying around!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:37:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NimmerMehr:

Originally Posted By Jasba:
So I just finish reading the other spider thread and decide to take the dog out for his nightly walk. Anyway, been having problems finding black widows building webs around the outside of my garage lately, literally killed prolly a dozen or more in the past 3 weeks, so I always check for new ones nightly. See this one right next to the gutter, picture doesn't do it justice it was definately the biggest one I've seen to date. Sprayed it with wasp/hornet spray (thats all I've got right now), and went to get something I could swat at it with and it was gone..............img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/jasba/Asst.jpg

FOOL! The wasp spray gives them wings!! Now the damn thing is out there flying around!

I'm hoping it fell dead into the pile of leaves at the bottom of the gutter.......but I'm not checking right now......
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:37:57 PM EDT
There is a rumor that if you don't kill a black widow, It will come back and get you

Triazicide is your friend
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:42:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 7:43:11 PM EDT by MuRDoC]
let me see if I can find those plans for the home built flame thrower.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:47:28 PM EDT
Chloridane is the best, of course the EPA and asst twits banned it. I am hoarding my 3/4 gallon concetrate carefully.
Top Top