Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/19/2006 8:40:08 PM EDT
I keep getting this pain under my ribcage in the liver area so I looked up a liver flush recipe to get some stones out.  

Has anyone passed gallstones, like hundreds or thousands of peasized stones?
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I keep getting this pain under my ribcage in the liver area so I looked up a liver flush recipe to get some stones out.  

Free bump.  The doctor suspects my wife may have a developing gall bladder problem such as stones.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
When you go to the doc on Monday and he tells you to schedule surgery within 30 days, don't blow it off.

Explain how flushing your liver will cause gall stones to pass.

Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]
He irritates his gall bladder so that he doubles over in pain and has visions of his dead relatives as he shivers in a pool of sweat on his bathroom floor and sometime over the five or six hours he spends trying to crawl to the phone to call 911, his gas bladder squirts out a few tiny gallstones.

So ... who gets your guns?  Does this quack remedy involve drinking turpentine?
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I had gall stone attacks before it was removed. Worst pain ever. Attacks would last a few hours and no way to numb pain(forget sleeping). Last one I had before getting it removed happened in college and I had to be taken to the hospital. I could barely walk. They called in the ultrasound person, who was pissed after being called in at 1AM, saying I was too young (23) to have gall stones. Guess what? I had them. Pulled that sucker out the next week.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF is "a liver flush"....wouldnt it make sense to backflush a liver?

Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Prepare for the pain.......
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WTF is "a liver flush"....wouldnt it make sense to backflush a liver?

He is trying to flush his gallbladder out.  If you listen closely, you should be able to hear him howling when the flush starts to work.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When you go to the doc on Monday and he tells you to schedule surgery within 30 days, don't blow it off.

The liver produces bile which is then stored in the gall bladder. I know nothing about flushing a liver but I guess the theory would be to flush a lot of bile through the gall bladder or something to get rid of the stones.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#9]
In college I shared an apartment with a guy who had had several. Apparently Drinking a ton of cranberry juice (like, a couple gallons in one day) and not eating or drinking much else will help break them down and make it less painful. Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The liver produces bile which is then stored in the gall bladder. I know nothing about flushing a liver but I guess the theory would be to flush a lot of bile through the gall bladder or something to get rid of the stones.

Those bitches aren't going anywhere.

[I know how a gall bladder works, I had one several years ago.  I also had a .27 caliber stone blocking my common bile duct in 2004.]
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I know a bunch of folks who have had their gallbladder out.  Very common with Mexicans, has to do with interaction of fats and the Indian genes, regardless of income or general health or other dietary attempts to control the issues.  In other words, a Mexican who is in great health, skinny as a rail, and watches what he eats can come down with gallbladder problems.  Obviously, growing up in Texas you notice this with friends fathers and mothers a lot, so I feel your pain.

However, you should be very careful with stuff like "I read it on the Internet" liver flushes.  And you could wind up hitting the jackpot, and your gallbladder could say "Holy Shit!  I'm outta here!" and caugh up all of the stones at once.  In all seriousness, keep your cell phone with you in case you need to call someone to take you to the hospital.  You are unlikely to die, but the pain can be incredible.

ETA:

Outside of Texas, a lot of people associate gallbladder problems with 600 pound trailer park queens who live on crisco.  Not in Texas.  To many examples of Mexicans who were as healthy as an ox and were brought very low by their gallbladders.  A lot of this is genetic predisposition, so perhaps you should check with your doctor about it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Care to fill us in on
1. the recipie
and
2. how exactly it proposes to work?  anatomically and biochemically speaking?

Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to fill us in on
1. the recipie
and

Well, girls, this is a nice little topic that I can speak to with some authority.

It appears it is an inherited deal.

Mom had gallstones, and the attack was so bad she dialed 911 and hit the floor. They took the sumbitch out and biopsied it, only to find it was full of cancer - skin cancer, mind you, one of three recorded cases in history (1992).

This came on the heels of my father's 1992 death of lung cancer.

Anyway, Mom died of cancer in 1996.

My cousin had his gallbladder out around ten years ago - he was maybe 29.

I have been in slight pain under the right side since 2002, but the docs doing the ultrasound aren't seeing anything. I haven't died yet, either, so it can't be all that bad - now.

The flush is done like this (comes from a naturopath I used to chop in the '90s - she was HAWT!):

Fast one full day. Drink one half-cup of olive oil, followed by one half cup of lemon juice.

Your gall bladder will spaz trying to hit the liver with enough bile to break up the oil. The oil greases your guts pretty good, and you will likely pass the stones when you get the first-class case of fire-reahh that comes with drinking olive oil and lemon juice - that is, if you don't puke your guts out first. If the stones are large and block the duct, you're screwed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 2:05:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to fill us in on
1. the recipie
and

Like Samsong said but I've been drinking Epson Salt mixed with Lemonade for the past 5 days to get my colon clean....relatively clean....for the liver flush.  

4 tablespoons of Epson Salt
4 cups of Gatorade or Lemonade

Drink half this mixture during the day.

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
1/2 cup coke classic or rootbeer

Before bed, drink the oily concoction, be sure to put it in a jar and shake it HARD so you don't gag on the olive oil.  In the morning drink another cup of Lemonade/Epson Salt mixture.

The Epson Salt opens the bile ducts and the olive oil/grapefruit juice squeezes the stones out.

This is the first time I'm trying it.  I've seen stones my dad passed, he saved them on a paper towel, they looked like dozens and dozens of green peas.  He'd been plagued by back problems and indigestion, he was so happy he showed me the stones and danced a jig.  He did the first flush in his 60's and he produced thousands of stones.  After being overweight and having a beer gut, his stomach flattened out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 2:55:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Where do the stones come out of you?
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 3:28:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have been a surgical floor nurse for 11 years....whatever you are doing makes no sense.
Obviously you do no research so I can't teach you anything....

ETA:"Has anyone passed gallstones, like hundreds or thousands of peasized stones?"
    Regardless of some of the above post, I still can only say
Too bad I can't post at work...I will be checking this thread frequently.

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 4:05:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Your PEE hole.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your PEE hole.

No sweat for me then!
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 4:16:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You might not have G stones, check out the symptoms compared to yours.

"What are the symptoms?"

Symptoms of gallstones are often called a gallstone "attack" because they occur suddenly. A typical attack can cause;

steady pain in the upper abdomen that increases rapidly and lasts from 30 minutes to several hours
pain in the back between the shoulder blades
pain under the right shoulder
nausea or vomiting "

Sounds more like KIDNEY stones.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 4:34:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Liver flushing is one of those home remedy / old wives tales, hooey solutions.

Personally, I've always had success using my Witch Doctor.

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 5:19:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have been a surgical floor nurse for 11 years....whatever you are doing makes no sense.
Obviously you do no research so I can't teach you anything....

ETA:"Has anyone passed gallstones, like hundreds or thousands of peasized stones?"
    Regardless of some of the above post, I still can only say
Too bad I can't post at work...I will be checking this thread frequently.

RN for 13 years. Think about lubricating the common bile duct so that the stones will be expressed out of the gall bladder. Did such a procedure on myself. Passed ~30 cc of dark stones that were similar in size/color to black pepper corns. Those were no problem and just felt some discomfort when they went. But at the end, there were three whitish/opaque stones that were 0.5cm in diameter and ~0.2cm thick. OH G*D, I could tell when those three mofo's passed. Felt like I had been kicked in the gut. Pain off the 0~>10 scale. Broke out in a sweat and saw black spots swimming in my eyes, I was focusing just to keep from passing out. Not for the faint or weak of heart to try.

wganz

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Sounds more like KIDNEY stones.

No, it doesn't. Kidneys are in your lower back - not high in the rib cage on top of the liver. That's where your gall bladder is.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#23]
How do you know you EVEN have stones?

Have you had an ultrasound done to confirm this?

Your gallbladder function or lack there of can cause your symptoms with no stones.

Something to think about.

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
www.curezone.com/cleanse/liver/default.asp

WOW.  

http://curezone.com/ig/igallery.asp?d=/liver_flush/

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
How do you know you EVEN have stones?

Have you had an ultrasound done to confirm this?

Your gallbladder function or lack there of can cause your symptoms with no stones.

Something to think about.

Runs in the family but also considering I don't have the best diet in the world.

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#28]
I won't dispute that very small stones can pass through the common bile duct and the ampulla.

However -- and I'm sure there's a more diplomatic way to say this, and I wish I knew how, so forgive me -- many of you all have no concept of normal anatomy or physiology.

One poster -- A REGISTERED NURSE -- suggested that the oil would lubricate the common bile duct.  Sorry, look closer at the picture.  

Another poster suggested that this is designed to clean out your liver by stimulating the gallbladder.  Wrong -- bile travels from the liver to the gallbladder to the gut (alternatively it could bypass the gallbladder, but the point is, it doesn't travel from the gallbladder TO the liver)

Finally, I want to make a helpful, I hope, suggestion to whomever suggested he has been "cleaning out his colon" for the last 5 days.  There's a much easier way to do it and it takes a lot less than a day.
Fleet's Phospho-soda
Drink Fleet's and water until your rectal effluent (the stuff coming out the other end of you) is clear, like water.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I won't dispute that very small stones can pass through the common bile duct and the ampulla.

However -- and I'm sure there's a more diplomatic way to say this, and I wish I knew how, so forgive me -- many of you all have no concept of normal anatomy or physiology.

One poster -- A REGISTERED NURSE -- suggested that the oil would lubricate the common bile duct.  Sorry, look closer at the picture.  

Another poster suggested that this is designed to clean out your liver by stimulating the gallbladder.  Wrong -- bile travels from the liver to the gallbladder to the gut (alternatively it could bypass the gallbladder, but the point is, it doesn't travel from the gallbladder TO the liver)

Finally, I want to make a helpful, I hope, suggestion to whomever suggested he has been "cleaning out his colon" for the last 5 days.  There's a much easier way to do it and it takes a lot less than a day.
Fleet's Phospho-soda
Drink Fleet's and water until your rectal effluent (the stuff coming out the other end of you) is clear, like water.

Are you a doctor or do you just play on on the internet?
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your PEE hole.

No sweat for me then!

Ummmmm, no.

Bowel movements.

If you think that you can pee out a "golfball" or "fist sized" stone.....

I have seen gall bladder surgeries where the gall bladder was full of hundreds of stones that looked exactly like the ones from the link. Small, greenish gray. Never golfball sized though. Wow.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#31]
I think I had success!  My first BM was just a few moments ago, felt just like soft stool but there were all these little things floating at the top, everything else sank.  They look like little tan sandstones, irregular in shape.  I pulled a few out with some chopsticks and they are HARD but not like rocks, just soft enough but wont deform.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I had a bout with the described pain....did the naturopathic trip with the olive oil....it apparently worked. I passed a bunch of the aforementioned 'stones' and haven't had any pain since. The person who turned me onto the 'remedy' also advised eating 3 or four green apples for several days before the olive oil is consumed. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Dude!

Congratulations!

Post pics!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Dude!

Congratulations!

Post pics!!!

I think it would violate COC but I have a few saved on some TP.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Are you a doctor or do you just play on on the internet?

It doesn't matter what I say, because no one listens to the doctors on here anyway

The fact remains that I gave you helpful advice on cleaing out your colon that doesn't take 5 days.

eta: Like I said, I wasn't dismissing the idea that you can somehow flush biliary sludge and tiny stones from your gb, but I was pointing out that all the self-styled experts here have no idea how the liver, gb, biliary system, and gut interact.  I apologized in advance for not being very diplomatic -- not one of my strong points.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

As you wish, courtesy of Wikipedia, lets take a look where the common bile duct is in comparison to the duodenum(upper part of small intestine).

A Gray's Anatomy close up of the common bile duct & how it connects to the gall bladder.

wganz

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As you wish, courtesy of Wikipedia, lets take a look where the common bile duct is in comparison to the duodenum(upper part of small intestine).
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/Illu_pancrease.jpg
A Gray's Anatomy close up of the common bile duct & how it connects to the gall bladder.
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Gray1095-gall_bladder.png

wganz

Wganz,

I'm not following.  Are you saying that oil you swallow and passes from the stomach into the duodenum somehow lubricates the common bile duct?
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your PEE hole.

No sweat for me then!

Ummmmm, no.

Bowel movements.

If you think that you can pee out a "golfball" or "fist sized" stone.....

I have seen gall bladder surgeries where the gall bladder was full of hundreds of stones that looked exactly like the ones from the link. Small, greenish gray. Never golfball sized though. Wow.
Shouldn't be a problem then.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I think I had success!  My first BM was just a few moments ago, felt just like soft stool but there were all these little things floating at the top, everything else sank.  They look like little tan sandstones, irregular in shape.  I pulled a few out with some chopsticks and they are HARD but not like rocks, just soft enough but wont deform.
Did you taste them?
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you taste them?

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#42]
You are not going to flush sludge or stones out of the gall bladder with olive oil. Only hyperstimulate the gall bladder and make things worse. Pay the co-pay and get an ultrasound and proper treatment.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#43]
the nice picture fails to impart the fact that there is a muscular sphincter that prevents reflux of intestinal contents into the biliary tree (sphincter of Oddi).  If you take the oils it will (as already stated) cause contraction of the gallbladder - this increases the pressure in the biliary tree (and if you have a stone that is stuck, this is where your pain comes from) - fatty foods cause the release of a chemical messenger - cholecystikinin, which causes the gallbladder to contract, ejecting the concentrated bile (that's what the gallbladder does, it stores bile produced by the liver & concentrates it) into the common bile duct - the sphincter would normally relax at this point to allow the biel egress into the small intestine - so basically you have a small diameter tube,under some degree of pressure, emptying through a muscular ring, into an area of low pressure (the small intestine) - anything you drink will go down the path of least resistance, which will be the small intestine (otherwise you'ld have all kinds of crap refluxing into the biliary tree, and probably die of cholangitis).

You can have pain in the same area w/o it being gallstones - you can have cholecystitis (which does not always involve gallstones), you can have gallbladder dyskinesia (improper emptying, hepatitis, pancreatitis, peptic ulcer disease, pneumonia - it's a pretty long list of things that can give you right upper abdominal pain.

BTW - I'm not a doctor, but I've seen more gallbladders (inside & outside of the body) than I can recall.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to fill us in on
1. the recipie
and

Like Samsong said but I've been drinking Epson Salt mixed with Lemonade for the past 5 days to get my colon clean....relatively clean....for the liver flush.  

1/2 cup olive oil

Before bed, drink the oily concoction, be sure to put it in a jar and shake it HARD so you don't gag on the olive oil.  In the morning drink another cup of Lemonade/Epson Salt mixture.

The Epson Salt opens the bile ducts and the olive oil/grapefruit juice squeezes the stones out.

This is the first time I'm trying it.  I've seen stones my dad passed, he saved them on a paper towel, they looked like dozens and dozens of green peas.  He'd been plagued by back problems and indigestion, he was so happy he showed me the stones and danced a jig.  He did the first flush in his 60's and he produced thousands of stones.  After being overweight and having a beer gut, his stomach flattened out.

This is absolutely hilarious.

It amazes me what people will believe, and then claim it "worked" to keep from looking like a complete idiot.

I've read a great recipe for a prostate flush.

Find a guy with a 10" dick, let him have his way with you 25 times, with every other encounter done with your head in a bucket half full of chicken stock.

It works!
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to fill us in on
1. the recipie
and

1/2 cup olive oil

It amazes me what people will believe, and then claim it "worked" to keep from looking like a complete idiot.

Find a guy with a 10" dick, let him have his way with you 25 times, with every other encounter done with your head in a bucket half full of chicken stock.

It works!

And you know this how?
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Those pics... wow..
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
the nice picture fails to impart the fact that there is a muscular sphincter that prevents reflux of intestinal contents into the biliary tree (sphincter of Oddi).  If you take the oils it will (as already stated) cause contraction of the gallbladder - this increases the pressure in the biliary tree (and if you have a stone that is stuck, this is where your pain comes from) - fatty foods cause the release of a chemical messenger - cholecystikinin, which causes the gallbladder to contract, ejecting the concentrated bile (that's what the gallbladder does, it stores bile produced by the liver & concentrates it) into the common bile duct - the sphincter would normally relax at this point to allow the biel egress into the small intestine - so basically you have a small diameter tube,under some degree of pressure, emptying through a muscular ring, into an area of low pressure (the small intestine) - anything you drink will go down the path of least resistance, which will be the small intestine (otherwise you'ld have all kinds of crap refluxing into the biliary tree, and probably die of cholangitis).

You can have pain in the same area w/o it being gallstones - you can have cholecystitis (which does not always involve gallstones), you can have gallbladder dyskinesia (improper emptying, hepatitis, pancreatitis, peptic ulcer disease, pneumonia - it's a pretty long list of things that can give you right upper abdominal pain.

Huh?
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

Exactly right.

Of course, it will be ignored.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

It works!

What the hell are these that were floating all around the bowl?  I've been fasting for 2 days, WTF are they, Dr Astro?

Image Removed ~ 82nd
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh Dude!

DOOKIE PICS!!!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top