Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2001 9:29:41 PM EDT
would like to see.

My top one would be of couse "Red Dawn".
Could you imagine the effects that could be added to inhance the over all movie.
I would like to see for starters the lead played by the hott little number (can't remember her name) but she was in Specal OPS and how about any of the Balwin brothers. They of course would be KIA before the invasion![:D]

Would you like to see it be the Cubans and Russia again? I mean we kick their butts once. How about Iraq and China? Naw, WalMart would be their supply depot and we would loose.

What movie would you like to see updated?

Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
"Grapes of Wrath"-----I think it would be very appropiate in todays setting.

That or "Solient Green"----It would do great with todays special effects.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...that's a toughy because it seems like all the movies HAVE been remade already...
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Jason and the Argonauts.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
1. Omega Man
2. The Dirty Dozen
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Funny you should ask I was telling a friend last night that I would like to the The Fog remade. Too bad it would probably be a hatch job, just like all the other recent remakes.

If somebody hadn't gone and remade Gone in 60 Seconds that would have been my pick.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Logans Run.mmk
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The Longest Day with John Wayne, Robert Mitchem, Robert Wagner, and Sean Connery. Don't get me wrong I love this movie and feel it was well made. I would just like to see a new version in color and good special affects(or effects not sure which is correct). It would be cool to watch both back to back on DVD.

I would like to see a remake of the Battle of the Bulge for all my comrades of the Screaming Chicken Division. The one made in the 60's with Fonda in it was terrible. The German tanks were American tanks, the terrain looked like it was filmed in California. The ending really sucked with the Tanks approaching the fuel depo. It looked like they were in Kansas on a Prairie.

Just to prove I do like originals the way they are without a remake. I would say A Bridge to Far is perfect without a remake.

No Slack!
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I would like to see aremake of the movie Vanishing Point. The original is one of my favorites, but I would love to see an updated version with new muscle, some cool actors and a groovy retro sountrack. Would be a great flick to have some cameo appearances and cool stuff like that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Funny you should ask I was telling a friend last night that I would like to the The Fog remade. Too bad it would probably be a hatch job, just like all the other recent remakes.
View Quote

Dude!  That movie scared the piss out of me and gave me nightmares.

I guess the movie I'd like most seen redone is Octopussy.  My favorite English movie of all time!
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:27:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would like to see aremake of the movie Vanishing Point. The original is one of my favorites, but I would love to see an updated version with new muscle, some cool actors and a groovy retro sountrack. Would be a great flick to have some cameo appearances and cool stuff like that.
View Quote
They just did a made for TV remake of it. My boss is a big Mopar fan and he made me watch the original.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Is the Vanishing Point the one where the guy gets buried alive?That movie has already been done a couple of times.A french version and a hollywood.Paulw
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I would have said Rollerball but it seems one is coming out soon.  I wouldnt mind seeing a remake of Midway or Sands of Iwo Jima.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Already been done by Fox. It was a made for TV movie, but it was as good or better than the original. The best oart is that they stayed with original Mopar muscle, and they even use a real genuine 1970 Hemi Challenger. I forget who the actors were, but I have it on tape. Seems like Jason Priestly was "The Voice". The plot wasn't as weird as the original, and Kowalski was not on drugs. There were lots of anti-big brother undertones. I hope they show it again someday or release it on video sans commercials.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#16]
HEAT.  With more weapons and shooting.  They didn't have enough of either for me.  [;)]

Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#17]
i dont like remakes 90% of them suck.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#18]
A Boy and His Dog.

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Sands of Iwo Jima
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#20]
A Boy and His Dog.
View Quote

I just wish they would put the orginal ending back in it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Already been done by Fox. It was a made for TV movie, but it was as good or better than the original. The best oart is that they stayed with original Mopar muscle, and they even use a real genuine 1970 Hemi Challenger. I forget who the actors were, but I have it on tape. Seems like Jason Priestly was "The Voice". The plot wasn't as weird as the original, and Kowalski was not on drugs. There were lots of anti-big brother undertones. I hope they show it again someday or release it on video sans commercials.
View Quote

I don't count the fox remake because it totally sucked. The plot was changed so much the original storyline of the movie was lost. It was just a cheap remake to showcase some vintage Mopars.

The point of the oringinal was that Kowalski, for reasons only known to him, decided to start a police chase and he evolved into a counter culture hero. During the chase they showed him interacting with America's subcultures. There was no noble cause for the chase, no dying or kidnapped son or whatever. That is what makes it a classic.

They need to do a remake with the same story line and use an actor like Bruce Willis or Mickey Rourke and a brand new car like a Trans Am or Camaro SS. Do the same plot and show Kowalski meeting the counter cultures of today.(Yes, I've given way too much thought with the remake)

Hollywood really screws up the movies from the 60s and 70s by trying to give them a point. Watch the original Gone in 60 Seconds and you'll see what I mean. In the original they were just some guys stealing cars. No kidnapped brother or whatever.

Most of the remakes that are good are ones that stick with the original story lines and keep the same feel of the original. I got a feeling the new Planet of the Apes is really going to suck donkey. How could they honestly replace Heston with MarkyMark???
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not sure this would qualify as a "remake".  

A movie about Iwo Jima based on historical fact.  And with out some fictional crap thrown in to enhance an already moving event like was done in Saving Private Ryan.  There were way, way too many authentic stories associated with the Normandy landings to have to create one for the sake of a script.  

A good deal of the script could come from the book, Flags Of Our Fathers, by James Bradley, but would not have the flag raisers as the center of attention.  I am afraid the movie would be quite long in order to get the viewer emotionally attached to the main characters lives before, during, and after the battle.  The pre-invasion strategies and rehearsals, the defender's preparations and mind set.

BTW, if you have not yet read Flags Of Our Fathers, you WILL NOT be disappointed when you do!

Semper Fi

Link Posted: 7/21/2001 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
BTW, if you have not yet read Flags Of Our Fathers, you WILL NOT be disappointed when you do!
Semper Fi
View Quote

I've heard that the author sold the movie rights to Steven Spielberg. I hope that's true. I know for a fact that he did sell the movie rights. I heard him say it in a T.V. interview, I just don't remember him saying who he sold it to. Great book. Might make a great HBO mini series. That would give the time that the characters deserve.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Flags of our Fathers is on my reading list.  I'll get that after I finish reading Guns of the South.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm not sure this would qualify as a "remake".  

A movie about Iwo Jima based on historical fact.

View Quote

That's what I was thinking too.
Flags of our Fathers was a good book. I read another good book...

Iwo Jima : Legacy of Valor
by Bill D. Ross

Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#26]
"She Wore A Yellow Ribbon"

But who could do justice to John Wayne's or Ben Johnson's performance?

"Up to and includin' now."

Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Full Metal Jacket...redone for desert X, or for the next cool war (which anit all that far away, I'm afraid, only the olies are holding China back from their next bit of forcible expansion)
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Easy, The Hunt For Red October. The only change being the use of Harrison Ford as the REAL JACK RYAN and not that sissy boy communist asslicker Baldwin.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Greg3:  That would be Melinda Clarke.  Yeah Buddy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top