Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2001 10:20:13 PM EDT
Clicked on the computer today and saw I had a connection.  Had to reconfigure everything to be on the AT&T network, plus letting everyone know the new email is going to be a PITA, but I thought it would be another week before I would be back on.  Must say I was rather enjoying the down time away from the computer.  Gonna have to learn how to willfully turn this thing off sometime. [;)]

Anyone else back on or am I first [:D]?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
YEah, I have seen a number of other ugys yesterday, and I'm back on, but it is really messed up.

I can't even load the "Home page" for AT&T!  But AR15.com loads!  I must be doing something right [:)]

Email works - sometimes, web works sometimes...  It's just that at times it's "normal" and at other times, it acts like it can't find the server.  If I press reload a few times, I'm ok, but some of the sites I usually go to haven't managed to load yet, so I know they've got a few bugs to work out yet.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
S.F. Bay area, still not up.  NetZero is better than nothing, though.  Barely.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Cox and Comcast have reached a deal with Excite to keep our service on. unfotunately for some, AT&T has royally pissed of Excite, thereby getting their customers cut off.

Fortunately, AT&T was the best prepared to handle it since thy have so much backbone.

Cox and Comcast are now saying that they are working on establishing their own services instead of relying on Excite. AT&T is probably doing the same as we speak.

FWIW, Cox and Comcast paid to bail out Excite for 3 months. After that, we will be in the same crappy situation unless they establish their own service in that time. Also, that cost'll surely be passed on to us, the consumers.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
My service is through Mediacom@Home, and so far, I have experienced no outages. I guess we are just lucky ? We aren't getting much info passed on to us from Mediacom..[:\]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine's up here in the SF East Bay. Thank God! Two days of dial-up almost killed me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cox and Comcast have reached a deal with Excite to keep our service on. unfotunately for some, AT&T has royally pissed of Excite, thereby getting their customers cut off.
View Quote

Yeah, you want to know what AT&T did to piss off excite?

They offered to buy the @home assets!  Now where is @home?  AT&T simply rolled out their network early, granted with wome problems yet, but they won't be back for @home's assets, I'd guess...
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I'm back, but I have to reconfigure my router.  Both my computers connect if they bypass the router.....
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Indiana still out. They are saying maybe by the end of the week, but they are TRYING..... If it wasn't for work I would be having withdrawals...
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#10]
My @home never went offline.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I have AT&T, and I am still down.  My mom called them and waited on hold.  They told her she should be back up by Friday morning.  I hope so, because being on dialup bites big time.  Even though cable is faster in my area, I am tempted to go back to DSL just to spite them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife figured out a fix after a few days, luckily I was Elk hunting or I would have been totally Jonesing for AR15.com.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top