Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/23/2003 4:51:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/23/2003 5:21:27 PM EDT by freedom-fighter]
You see i'm a not so bright, i.e. stupid, Asian guy who tried to get into the University of Washington. I was rejected three times. I want to know what makes me different from any other stupid Black or Latino. Why did they get in while I didn't? Just because the campus is already full of Asians doesn't mean that the stupid ones like myself should be stereotyped as ultra smart and able to get in on our own merits. That's why I hate Affirmative Action. It discriminated against the stupid Asians. As a side note, Asians are more of a minority than Blacks or Hispanics in the US.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:57:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By freedom-fighter: You see i'm a not so bright, i.e. stupid, Asian guy who tried to get into the University of Washington. I was rejected three times. I want to know what makes me different from any other stupid Black or Latino. Why did they get in while I didn't? Just because the campus is already full of Asians doesn't mean that the stupid ones like myself should be stereotyped as ultra smart and able to get in on our own merits. That's why I hate Affirmative Action. It discriminated against the stupid Asians.
View Quote
Your problem isn't that your stupid...it's that your asian. Unfortunately, according to the way the system works, Asians don't get considered as a 'minority' in the way that Afro-Americans and Latino's do. They are not awarded a 'victimhood status', mostly because they don't have people like Jesse Jackson or MEChA to raise hell about things. Plus, Asians get stereotyped as smart so the is no possible way, according to the system, that you are stupid...thus you lose out on the 'disadvantaged' status as well...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:10:43 PM EDT
You need to start a idiocy advocate group (oh excuse me, "mentally challenged"), might I suggest Chief Moose as a spokeperson?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:18:21 PM EDT
Quit 'chyer whining, and join a Union, with all the other whiners......[chair] [:D]
Top Top