Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 7:01:12 AM EDT
Went to the range yesterday with the wife and kids. (Nice mothers day, eh?)

Anyway, Entropy Jr. is shooting his .22 for a while, then I decide it was my turn.  I opened up the case, got out the AR. Then ....

NO MAGS!!!!

Crap.  I have a nice case that I keep mags in to transport, and left it in the garage :(

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
[stick]

BAD entropy! BAD entropy!

Edited to add:

Bet you're glad it wasn't SHTF, eh? (Or was it, after you told Mrs. Entropy?)
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations, you have accepted the first step in the healing process. Now with continued help you can bring about an effective change and will no longer be a dumba$$.

Now on a more serious note, that sucks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#4]
New sig = Single Shot
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Adding insult to injury, someone stole the shooting bench from the range!  

The range is at a hunting club, and we had a metal bench, set in [b]concrete[/b] and some butthead jerked it out of the ground and took off with it.  

I've got some lumber from an old deck, I think I'll build a nice multiposition bench.

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe a rifle case with mag pockets on the side would be beneficial for you to get.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe a rifle case with mag pockets on the side would be beneficial for you to get.[:D]
View Quote

I recently lost a few [b]COLT 9mm AR magazines[/b] by storing them in the side pockets.  They were too heavy, and fell out.  (The velcro wasn't strong enough!)  I found two, but am still missing two....  [:(]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I've done that.  I just loaded them one at a time.  it sucked.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#9]

LOL!  That's almost as good as the time I packed up all this stuff for a great picnic, after getting to the site and unpacking everything I found that I had forgotten to bring any type of eating utensils, plates , cups, etc...[BD]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've done that.  I just loaded them one at a time.  it sucked.
View Quote

See you darn young kids don't even know enough to bring mags with you @#%@$%^@!%$!$@%$@(jk Cit!!!)

I think I would have loaded one at a time too...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Reminds me when I forgot my ear plugs when I went out to shoot 30-30 Win. Lets just say I only shoot one round that whole week [B)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#12]
NO MAGS!!!!
View Quote

Hey, I did the same thing a couple of months ago. I always keep AR mags in my bag because I always bring an AR15 with me to shoot. I don't remember taking them out and when I was packing up to go I was more interested that I bring the right pistol mags and a couple of FAL mags that I totally forgot to check.

Felt like  a total dumbass.

Thankfully the range had a few used mags they had for sale they could loan me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I dont own an AR anymore but I always use to
keep an empty 20 round mag in the gun at all
times. One time my gas key and gas tube were
worn and had a bad seal, my AR turned into a
"single shot" it would not cycle or eject empty
brass. I just loaded one round at a time and
fired a couple boxes, practicing slow long range shots.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I always forget hearing protection when I go shooting. I dont know why, I can just never remember it. Its quite painful.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I can relate very well to this one.
When to shoot an IPSC/USPSA match and forgot my rig (belt/holster/mag holders). Fortunatly the other shooters found enough spare equipment for me to put something together. (had to use some duck tape to assist with the belt length since I'm a little larger that the rest).
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I recently lost a few [b]COLT 9mm AR magazines[/b] by storing them in the side pockets.  They were too heavy, and fell out.  (The velcro wasn't strong enough!)  I found two, but am still missing two....  [:(]
View Quote

Funny, I just found 2 loaded Colt 9mm mags... [;)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I always forget hearing protection when I go shooting. I dont know why, I can just never remember it. Its quite painful.
View Quote

[size=6]WHAT!!??[/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I feel for ya brother.  I went to the range Sunday hoping to sight in the scope on my SKS and I forgot my range box which is loaded down with my 7.62x39 ammo among other things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top