Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/12/2003 7:01:12 AM EDT
Went to the range yesterday with the wife and kids. (Nice mothers day, eh?) Anyway, Entropy Jr. is shooting his .22 for a while, then I decide it was my turn. I opened up the case, got out the AR. Then .... NO MAGS!!!! Crap. I have a nice case that I keep mags in to transport, and left it in the garage :(
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:16:41 AM EDT
lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:18:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2003 7:19:08 AM EDT by Zaphod]
[stick] BAD entropy! BAD entropy! Edited to add: Bet you're glad it wasn't SHTF, eh? (Or was it, after you told Mrs. Entropy?)
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:24:35 AM EDT
Congratulations, you have accepted the first step in the healing process. Now with continued help you can bring about an effective change and will no longer be a dumba$$. Now on a more serious note, that sucks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:30:02 AM EDT
New sig = Single Shot
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:32:46 AM EDT
Adding insult to injury, someone stole the shooting bench from the range! The range is at a hunting club, and we had a metal bench, set in [b]concrete[/b] and some butthead jerked it out of the ground and took off with it. I've got some lumber from an old deck, I think I'll build a nice multiposition bench.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:35:33 AM EDT
Maybe a rifle case with mag pockets on the side would be beneficial for you to get.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:59:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Searcherfortruth: Maybe a rifle case with mag pockets on the side would be beneficial for you to get.[:D]
View Quote
I recently lost a few [b]COLT 9mm AR magazines[/b] by storing them in the side pockets. They were too heavy, and fell out. (The velcro wasn't strong enough!) I found two, but am still missing two.... [:(]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:01:14 AM EDT
I've done that. I just loaded them one at a time. it sucked.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:03:24 AM EDT
LOL! That's almost as good as the time I packed up all this stuff for a great picnic, after getting to the site and unpacking everything I found that I had forgotten to bring any type of eating utensils, plates , cups, etc...[BD]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:13:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC: I've done that. I just loaded them one at a time. it sucked.
View Quote
See you darn young kids don't even know enough to bring mags with you @#%@$%^@!%$!$@%$@(jk Cit!!!) I think I would have loaded one at a time too...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:28:32 AM EDT
Reminds me when I forgot my ear plugs when I went out to shoot 30-30 Win. Lets just say I only shoot one round that whole week [B)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:53:20 AM EDT
NO MAGS!!!!
View Quote
Hey, I did the same thing a couple of months ago. I always keep AR mags in my bag because I always bring an AR15 with me to shoot. I don't remember taking them out and when I was packing up to go I was more interested that I bring the right pistol mags and a couple of FAL mags that I totally forgot to check. Felt like a total dumbass. Thankfully the range had a few used mags they had for sale they could loan me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:23:17 AM EDT
I dont own an AR anymore but I always use to keep an empty 20 round mag in the gun at all times. One time my gas key and gas tube were worn and had a bad seal, my AR turned into a "single shot" it would not cycle or eject empty brass. I just loaded one round at a time and fired a couple boxes, practicing slow long range shots.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:32:57 AM EDT
I always forget hearing protection when I go shooting. I dont know why, I can just never remember it. Its quite painful.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:34:49 AM EDT
I can relate very well to this one. When to shoot an IPSC/USPSA match and forgot my rig (belt/holster/mag holders). Fortunatly the other shooters found enough spare equipment for me to put something together. (had to use some duck tape to assist with the belt length since I'm a little larger that the rest).
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:05:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SuperAlpha: I recently lost a few [b]COLT 9mm AR magazines[/b] by storing them in the side pockets. They were too heavy, and fell out. (The velcro wasn't strong enough!) I found two, but am still missing two.... [:(]
View Quote
Funny, I just found 2 loaded Colt 9mm mags... [;)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:30:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MadProfessor: I always forget hearing protection when I go shooting. I dont know why, I can just never remember it. Its quite painful.
View Quote
[size=6]WHAT!!??[/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:30:54 PM EDT
I feel for ya brother. I went to the range Sunday hoping to sight in the scope on my SKS and I forgot my range box which is loaded down with my 7.62x39 ammo among other things.
Top Top