Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 11:21:38 PM EDT
I got a call today for shots fired. I locate the address dispatched to me, it's a newer sub-division (liberal-Mecca) surrounded by tons of open land. I get out of the car and hear a couple of shots in the distance. I contact the complaintent and say "I heard a couple of shots in the distance but its legal in this area to do so". He said "did you hear the machine gun?"  I replied "No" I then explain that the area were in allows Class 3 weapons...explained how bump firing can sound like a "machine gun" and also a few guys shooting together can be deceiving. He says "I really called for my wife", "I'm a closet gun advocate"...I say "Call back if you have any saftey concerns" he says "Thank you", "Thats a nice Colt .45 you got"

I carry a HK

Gave me a chuckle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
:) good story
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
:) good story

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Someone needs to come out of the closet...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Thats a nice Colt .45 you got"

Drinking on the job, eh
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#6]
One retard at a time
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#8]

"did you hear the machine gun?"

anyhow, good story!

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for sticking up for gun owners! And why doesn't this guy to tell his old lady to bug off?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I live in a community of 10acre homesites in a semi-rural setting. I got a liberal neighbor who "hates guns. One day she called all upset because there was a snake in her horse's stable. She wanted me to "bring [my] gun over and shoot the damn thing" I replied "who, the snake or the horse". She just screamed "THE SNAKE". I went over with a stick instead and coaxed a little garden variety black snake to move along. The horse didn't seem to even notice it. MY neighbor was still upset thinking that the snake may come back so I promised her that next time we'll shoot it! I told her that "next time [she has] a need for a gunowner, with or without his guns, just call."
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Where in VA are you located?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Great story!

Did you ask to pet his dog?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I live in a community of 10acre homesites in a semi-rural setting. I got a liberal neighbor who "hates guns. One day she called all upset because there was a snake in her horse's stable. She wanted me to "bring [my] gun over and shoot the damn thing" I replied "who, the snake or the horse". She just screamed "THE SNAKE". I went over with a stick instead and coaxed a little garden variety black snake to move along. The horse didn't seem to even notice it. MY neighbor was still upset thinking that the snake may come back so I promised her that next time we'll shoot it! I told her that "next time [she has] a need for a gunowner, with or without his guns, just call."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top